I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Is Something Wrong?

Kylee and I scanned through the sea of people at the airport, looking for two familiar faces. I spotted a white Red Bull hat and called out to Ryan and Jake. They came over and Kylee shared a moment with her brother and I greeted Jake before we switched.

“Good job!” I buzzed as he hugged me tightly.

“I’m super pumped,” He grinned.

“You deserve to be, you got first,” I smiled.

Ryan just grinned before squeezing me again. We looked over to see Kylee and Jake still making out, shocker! We gave them a minute before pulling them out to the car where they continued making out in the back and sharing lovey words while Ryan and I made gagging noises. The second I pulled up to the Dungey house, Kylee and Jake went inside leaving Ryan and I.

“Those two better not make too much noise,” Ryan chuckled.

“I wouldn’t count on it,” I snickered. “But you know you’re always welcome at my house if they get too noisy.”

“Alright,” He chuckled. “I’ll see how it goes.”

I nodded before leaning over to hug him goodbye. Ryan started to get out but then bit his lip, running a hand through his thick locks.

“Is something wrong?” I asked, resting a hand on his shoulder.

“Um…well I want to just talk to you actually,” He started.

“Okay,” I smiled.

Ryan turned to me and he looked nervous, making me wonder if something really was wrong. He took a deep breath before saying, “Well this weekend I just had been talking to Jake and thinking a lot and well I guess…I just…Kirstie I really like you, a lot and I was just wondering if um, you know I could take you to a movie…or something.”

As I looked into his nervous but hopeful steel blue eyes, I felt so many emotions. I liked him too but I just couldn’t help but feel afraid of getting in another relationship.

“Ryan I’m so flattered but…” I trailed off.

“You don’t want to,” He mumbled, hurt obvious in his voice which broke my heart.

“No, it’s not that. It’s just…after the whole Kevin thing…I don’t know,” I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

“I understand,” Ryan replied.

I knew he was hurt and I hated seeing that look in his eyes. I just wanted to scream out that I really did feel the same. I put my hand on top of his that were tensed up as I looked at him.

“I’m sorry Ryan, I don’t want to hurt your feelings,” I softly said.

“I’m fine,” He shrugged, sending me a half smile before getting out and heading inside.

I watched him briskly walk inside as I let out a heavy sigh, resting my head on the steering wheel. That’s not how I wanted that to go. I just had so many emotions, and it was so sudden, and I don’t even really know why I said that! I like him and I want to go out with him but for some reason my words didn’t seem to cooperate with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?