I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

So Nervous!

Tonight was Ryan and Kirstie’s big night! It’s their first date. I think… I’m more excited for it to happen than Ryan… But it’s so cute! He even asked me to help him get ready! I think… he’s a bit nervous. He hasn’t been out on a proper date in… I can’t even remember when! But it’s adorable. He really wants to impress her.

“What do you think of flannel?” I asked as I was staring at the contents of his closet.

“I like it?” he replied and peaked around from his bathroom to look at me.

“You wanna wear it tonight?” I went on as he walked over with his hair freshly gelled, slicked back a bit.

“I don’t know… if that’s the right thing to wear…”

“No, it’s perfect,” I assured him and shuffled through all of the different ones he had.

“… How?” he was confused.

“When Jake wears flannel, it drives me crazy!” I rattled off. I don’t know… if I should be sharing these details with my brother, but…

“It’s just… flannel,” he still wasn’t getting it.

“Just wear it!” I snapped at him and tugged a dark blue one from the hanger to hand out to him.

He huffed playfully but still put it over his arms, covering the tank that he was walking around in. Once he had all the buttons done, I went over and rolled the sleeves up just before his elbows.

“Perfect!” I smiled at my work.

“… Do you like it when Jake does that too?” he snickered and fixed the ends of the shirt around his arms.

“We’re not here to discuss Jake!” I replied and dug back in his closet for shoes.

“I’ve never seen you so crazy about someone before,” he started.

“Yeah, well… he’s pretty great,” I countered.

“I think my sister’s in love,” he taunted.

“Shut up!” I threw back. “The L word hasn’t been thrown around yet.”

“What?” he seemed surprised.

I just stuck my tongue out at him and put his shoes at his feet. He got a chuckle out of it as he slid them on. Shortly after this, he went back into the bathroom to do another once over. He even dabbed a towel over his forehead, most likely patting the sweat away. Aw, my big brother’s nervous!

“You’ll be fine, Ry,” I assured him once he came out.

“I hope so,” he let out a sigh.

I just smiled. There’s just something adorable about my brother being nervous. He’s usually so confidant when he’s at the track. But you put him in front of the girl he likes and he gets all flustered.

After giving him another little pep talk, he was off to pick up Kirstie. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind that their date was going to go well. They like each other. They’ll be fine. A handful of minutes after Ryan left, the doorbell rang. I got a little giddy as I went to answer it. Jake was there, looking so cute. He wasn’t in a flannel, but a soft hoodie covered his torso… along with a beanie atop of his head. Aw, my Jakey looked so cute!

“I passed Ryan on my way over,” he smiled as he stepped in.

“I’ve never seen him so nervous!” I giggled now.

“Kirstie… kind of was too,” he chuckled along with me.

“They’d be so cute together,” I told him as the two of us curled up on the couch.

“But not as cute as us,” he said in the cutest little voice and pulled me in closer to him.

His words made me smile and leave a soft kiss on his nose. He’s just the cutest! Since Ryan and Kirstie were out, we decided to have our own little date night… inside of course. It involved ordering some pizza and watching the dumb, romantic movies that they show on TV. It was a quiet night, but Jake being here made it special.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??