I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Hurt

“It’s been awhile, do you think everything is going alright?” I asked Ryan after we had been cuddled up outside while the Weimlee couple talked.
 
“Maybe we should check,” Ryan suggested.
 
I nodded and we went inside only to find…no one was there. I was kind of confused but then we heard someone crying from upstairs.
 
“Oh no,” He sighed.
 
“And Jake’s truck is gone,” I added as I looked out the window.
 
“I’m going to check on Ky,” Ryan said.
 
“Okay, I better go make sure Jake’s alright,” I told him.
 
Ryan came over to hug me tightly and he pressed a kiss to my cheek. I snuggled into him for a minute before letting go and gave him a gentle kiss.
 
“I’ll come back over later to make sure Ky’s doing alright,” I said.
 
He just nodded and gave my hand a squeeze. I could see so much concern in his blue eyes before he turned to go upstairs. Ryan cares about his sister so much and I think it’s really sweet and I know she probably needs him now. I hope Jake’s okay too though and I couldn’t help but worry about him the entire way home.
 
“Jake!” I called out.
 
He didn’t answer but I knew he was here. I let out a huff and went to his room, finding him lying on the bed and flickering at a lightning pace through channels on TV.
 
“What happened?” I asked, climbing onto the bed.
 
“Nothing,” He muttered, keeping his focus on the TV.
 
I grabbed the clicker from him and turned the television off. I put my hand on his cheek and made him look at me and I saw hurt in his blue eyes.
 
“Talk to me,” I softly urged him. Growing up I had been through a lot with Jake and he never wants to say at first but it truly does make him feel better so I always have to prod him.
 
“Kylee doesn’t want to get married,” He huffed. “She wanted a break.”
 
“What’s so bad about that?” I asked.
 
“Everything!” Jake angrily muttered. “I love her more than anything, I want to spend the rest of my life with her and now I find out it’s one sided and she doesn’t feel the same.”
 
“Yes she does Jake,” I cooed.
 
“No she doesn’t!” He threw back. “Otherwise she wouldn’t be so unsure.”
 
“Jake, that doesn’t mean she doesn’t love you. She just needs to figure everything out and if you really love her, you’ll wait for her because that’s what’s best for her and real love looks out for the other person,” I gently said to him.
 
“I know but I’m just…” He trailed off, rubbing his hands on his face. “Hurt.”
 
“Jakey,” I cooed, pulling him into my arms.
 
I held Jake as he let out a few whimpers and heavy sighs. Even a few stray tears came out. I knew everything would be okay though…it has to be because Jake and Kylee are perfect for each other!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?