I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

He's My Brother

Jake and I weren’t exactly sure how to let everyone know that we were back together. He’s told me that him and Kirstie aren’t doing well and haven’t since the first race of the season. Also, I know for a fact that Ryan isn’t on team Weimer anymore… No matter what I say to him I know it’s going to take forever for him to be where he was before with Jake. But… I love this guy! I don’t want to be away from him!

We’re now three races into the season and Ryan still doesn’t really know that Jake and I are back together. He knows that I talk to him, but he doesn’t know many other details. I’ve tried to involve Kirstie as much as I can. Sometimes when I talk about it though, she gets that distant look in her eyes. It tells me that she’s not interested anymore!

But Jake and I are still trying to plan our wedding… kind of. We’ve talked about it a lot. I’m kind of way more excited this time than before. Nothing’s been set in stone yet. We’re trying though.

That’s what we’re trying to do today; at least agree on what to do so we can plan it. I… haven’t told Ryan yet. You could say I’m kind of sneaking around. There are so many wedding magazines hidden around this house. I’m surprised he hasn’t found any yet! For now, I’ve collected most of them and was on my way to Jake’s.

“Hey, Ky,” Ryan spoke just as I was starting to leave. NO!

“What?” I groaned.

“Where are you going?” he wrinkled his features as he asked.

“Just… out,” I came up with.

“At… 9 AM?”

“Yeah…” I answered. Just accept it, Ryan!

“Is… Kirstie going with you?”

“No.” URG! Just let me go!

“Are you… going to… see Jake?” He knew all along!

“Yes,” I just came out with it. Why lie to him… when he already knows?

“Really?” he raised an eyebrow now.

“Ryan,” I huffed.

“He’s not good for you, Ky. Look what he did to you for two months… Look what he’s doing to Kirstie,” he pressed on.

“He was hurt,” I defended him.

“That’s no excuse.”

“Ryan, I love him,” I sighed.

“I don’t get it,” he shook his head and walked away.

If it were any other day, I would stay and make him get it. But I was too worked up right now. I love Jake! He knows how much I do! Things just got a little… hard. We’re working through it though! I’m ready now. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

Shaking my confrontation with Ryan off, I took my bag full of wedding planning materials and got into my car. I did my best to keep my head clear. Jake hasn’t really spoken up about Ryan. It’s telling me that he knows things aren’t good. I don’t even know what to suggest to make it better.

When I got to his house, he greeted me with a warm hug and loving kiss. Once we parted, he led me into the living room where we plopped down on his couch. For about the next half hour, we discussed our wedding… and even sat a date! It was after the motocross season. I was excited. We just… needed to get down everything else.

“I haven’t… asked Kirstie to be my maid of honor yet,” I sighed and put my pen down.

“Why not?” he asked and hooked an arm around my shoulders, pulling me in close.

“I think it’s more of Ryan’s reaction when she tells him,” I sighed.

“Well, Ryan doesn’t have to be part of the wedding,” he muttered.

“He’s my brother. He has to at least come,” I countered.

“If he even wants to…”

I let it go. Jake’s obviously back to not liking Ryan either. All of that progress… for nothing! I’m split between two emotions right now. I’m so happy that Jake and I are finally back together and getting a move on with our futures. But… I’m kind of sad that Ryan and Kirstie aren’t getting along with this guy that I care so much about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??