I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

So What?

Today Kylee asked me if I wanted to go to coffee with her. I found this a little odd since tomorrow we were going to the race and we’d probably spend time together but I figured it might have something to do with Jake and she might not want Ryan around. Besides, I love spending time with my best friend anyway so I agreed.

I headed to the coffee shop but I didn’t see her car in the parking lot. I went to find a table for the two of us but when I walked inside, I saw a familiar head of blonde curls. I wanted to just leave but his blue eyes spotted me.

“Where’s Ky?” I mumbled.

“She’s…not here,” Jake replied.

“I figured that part out,” I told him.

“I asked her to get you to come because I…wanted to talk to you,” He said.

I let out a soft sigh, walking over to where he was. I didn’t sit down but I stood near him as I started to talk.

“I already told Kylee that I’m fine with the wedding,” I shrugged.

“That isn’t really what this is about,” Jake started. “Just please sit down.”

I stood there, contemplating what to do. I eventually pulled the chair out and slid in. My hands rested on the table and I stared at them as I didn’t know what to say.

“So…” He mumbled.

“So what?” I asked.

“Just…what happened,” Jake said. “I guess I just want to say I’m sorry, but I know that’s not enough and I just…Kirstie will you even look at me? Just talk to me.”

I slowly lifted my eyes to him as I softly mumbled, “I’m just hurt. It hurt when you said I was siding with Kylee just because of Ryan and that I wasn’t your friend because of it. I thought our relationship meant more than that.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it,” He replied. “I was just hurt but it was still wrong and I should have known that you were only looking out for me. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you, and I’m sorry.”

“I forgive you Jake,” I smiled.

Jake got up, coming over to give me a warm hug. It felt so good to have this resolved and I missed my best friends hugs! After this, he took his spot again but the tension was gone.

“I have to say it was pretty lonely without you at the house,” Jake smiled a little. “I missed you stealing the blanket when we watched a movie, or tripping over your shoes that you always leave by the front door, and I even miss you talking about nothing.”

I couldn’t help but let a little grin spread across my lips, knowing this was his way of telling me he did miss me. I looked at him and joked, “Yeah I guess I missed you too. I need someone to pick on.”

He let out a chuckle before switching subjects, “So Ky said she told you about the wedding.”

“Yeah,” I grinned. “I’m really happy for you guys.”

“I am too, I love her so much,” Jake beamed.

“You guys are perfect for each other,” I replied.

He smiled and nodded before happily rambling about the wedding. I thought it was cute how excited he was. I have to say, I’m really happy this day happened. Jake and I have been friends our entire lives, I think of him as my family and to not talk to him hurt me and it feels so good to just have him back in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kirstie

Comments?