I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Put a Shirt on!

“Ryan! Get out of bed! You’re going to miss your flight!” I shouted as I went into my brother’s room… to find him still asleep!

I’ve been trying to get him up for the past hour! What is wrong with him?! He doesn’t stay up past eleven! Why does he need so much sleep! I run on less to take care of his whiney butt!

“Five more minutes,” he mumbled.

“Get up!” I shouted and tried to pull the covers off of him.

“Ky!” he whined, sounding like he was waking up more.

“I’m not changing your flight if you miss it! You’re on your own,” I kept going.

“I’m up!” he shouted back this time and rolled over to look at me through tired eyes.

“Now!” I got stern with him. You would think I was our mother…

“Ok, I’m up,” he groaned and threw his legs over the edge of the bed.

“If you hurry, I’ll make you some breakfast,” I muttered and walked out the door, leaving him to do… whatever he needs to do.

He better hurry. He needs to be out of the house in twenty minutes or he is for sure going to miss his flight to the next race. I’ve only told him about what time he needed to get up for the past three days. But does he listen to me? NO!

While I was in the kitchen, making him a quick breakfast, there was a knock on the door. Knowing I didn’t have time, I just yelled for them to come in. It’s probably Ryan’s mechanic or something. However, I was surprised to see Kirstie walking inside.

“Bad time,” I muttered after I caught a glance at her.

“What’s wrong?” she asked while her features wrinkled up.

“Ryan’s running late and it’s making me stressed!” I grumbled.

“Oh… he’s going to miss his…”

“I know! I’ve already told him like a million times, but he just got up,” I groaned and put his food on a plate.

“And I told you a million and one times that I won’t,” his voice boomed as he came down the hall.

I glanced over at him, and couldn’t help but roll my eyes. Is he serious?

“We have company! Put a shirt on!” I threw at him just as he rounded the corner.

“Oh… I’m sorry. I didn’t know,” he quickly replied and turned back around, hurrying off to his room once more with a shade of pink filling his cheeks.

“Idiot,” I mumbled and got in the fridge only to grab a Red Bull for me. The day hasn’t even started and I’m exhausted!

Kirstie didn’t say anything. That was… odd. But I let it go. I needed to get Ryan out of here. The two of us along with Jake were catching a later flight to the next race. Thank God or I would of have to put up with Ryan for the whole flight!

When he came back out, he finally caught on that he needed to go! He grabbed his sandwich and hurried out to his truck, finally leaving! Oh my gosh that boy.

“He’s going to drive me to be an alcoholic!” I groaned once I heard his truck fade in the distance.

“Aw, but you love your bother,” she cooed.

“Because I have to!” I told her, but my smile cracked through.

“You gotta fight me for the seat to sit next to your lover?” she countered, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

“Who?” I replied, kind of… already knowing who she meant.

“Jake,” she grinned.

“Oh my gosh,” I rolled my eyes.

“Gonna get you two together if it kills me!” she teased.

“How was Kevin the other day?” I quickly changed subjects.

“Ok?” she looked at me like ‘why are you asking?’.

“You just don’t… say too much about him,” I shrugged.

“You don’t like him, so why should I talk about him?” she shrugged back.

“But…” I didn’t know what to say.

She’s my best friend! I want to know what’s going on with her! But I guess if she’s not comfortable talking with me about her boyfriend, then… I’ll accept it. I’ll be here for her when that time comes. But until then, we have our own plane to catch… in a few hours of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
No he's not!!

Ky

Comment??