I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Jake Didn’t Say

I leaned against Ryan's chest as we waited for our luggage to come around on the conveyor belt. Ryan's warm hand gently ran up and down my arm, making me smile from this simple touch.
 
As we were waiting, I took my phone out and replied to a text from Jake. Once I typed out my response, I shoved it back in my pocket.
 
"Did Ky leave yet?" Ryan asked.
 
"I don't know, Jake didn't say," I shrugged.
 
"Jake?" He wrinkled up his eyebrows in confusion. "Weren't you talking to Ky?"
 
"No," I shook my head but then my eyes grew wide. "Oh Ryan! When I got home last night you were already asleep and then I forgot to tell you this morning!"
 
"Tell me what?" Ryan asked.
 
"Yesterday Jake and I talked. He apologized and we talked through everything so we're not upset anymore," I revealed.
 
"But...he was such a jerk to you!" He countered.
 
"He apologized though and I know he meant it," I defended Jake.
 
"But he hurt you a lot and Kylee! I don't want that to happen again," Ryan sighed, holding me close to his chest.
 
I took his hand and led him off to the side where there was a small bench. The two of us sat down and I held his big warm hands in my much smaller ones, rubbing circles with my thumbs.
 
"Remember when you first asked me out?" I gently brought up.
 
"Yeah," He nodded.
 
"Do you remember why I said no at first?" I went on.
 
"Because it was hard for you to trust someone after Kevin hurt you the way he did," Ryan gently answered.
 
"And I explained it all to you and I remember you held me and promised you wouldn't do that, and that you'd take care of me and I could trust you," I finished.
 
"But what does that have to do with Jake?" He questioned.
 
"Well I was hurt and you worked through that with me and I couldn't have done it without you, because I love you and Ky needed Jake to work through her hurt with because they love each other," I tried to get him to see.
 
"Jake is the one that broke her heart though," Ryan brought up.
 
"Sometimes they're the only ones who can fix it though," I smiled. "And Jake did and they're so happy together."
 
Ryan let out a soft sigh, leaning over to rest his head on my shoulder as he burried his nose in the crook of my neck. He let out a little sigh as I ran my hand through his soft hair.
 
"I love you so much," His mumbled voice came.
 
"I love you too," I smiled, leaving a kiss on the top of his thick locks.
 
I was glad I seemed to get through to Ryan. I think deep down he knows Jake and Ky are perfect for each other. But I know the more he sees them together, the better he'll feel about it because being with either of them, it's so obvious how much they love each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?