I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Skip!

I stood in the living room of my new apartment, trying to figure out how I wanted to decorate it. Kylee came to help and we had done a few things but not too much. After a while we broke for lunch and plopped down on the couch.

“So how’s the married life?” I asked.

“Amazing,” She beamed. “If it’s this great after two weeks, I can’t wait for the rest of our lives.”

“You guys are the cutest married couple,” I cooed.

“I agree with that,” She laughed and I joined in on her giggles.

“I think it’s cute that Jake and Ryan are riding together today,” I shifted subjects.

Kylee’s smile spread across her face as she replied, “They’re developing their little friendship and it’s so cute! I never thought my brother would like the guy I married.”

“He told me he’s glad you married Jake because he knows that Jake will take care of you,” I told her.

“I love my Jakey,” She beamed.

I was about to tease her some more but the doorbell rang. I wrinkled my eyebrows up in confusion, not expecting anyone but I shrugged and got up to get it. When I opened the door, I rolled my eyes, seeing Jake standing there goofily grinning at me.

“If you’re here to make out with your wife, you have to take her home because I’m not going to watch that,” I teased.

“I come to do something nice for you and you just don’t even want me,” He stuck his nose in the air.

“You didn’t do anything, you just tagged along!” I heard Ryan’s voice shout.

I smiled seeing his hunky frame getting out of the truck. I started walking toward him but he held his hand out and told me not to come any farther.

“I have a present for you. Go inside and I’ll bring it to you,” He cutely smiled.

I nodded and went back inside. Of course when I came to the couch, Jake was already sitting next to Ky with his lips attached to hers. I grabbed a pillow and smacked them over the head, earning a glare from Jake. I plopped down in the big comfy chair I had while Ky looked at Jake.

“So what’s up?” She questioned.

“Ryan got Kirstie something,” Jake explained.

“Here it is,” Ryan’s voice echoed as I heard his footsteps.

He came walking in with a little Jack Russell Terrier puppy tucked into his arms. Ryan set him down in my lap and the little dog started barking and licked my face, making me giggle and rub behind his ears.

“He’s so cute!” I squealed.

“I thought that you might need some company here so I got this little guy,” Ryan grinned, petting his head.

“I love him, he’s adorable,” I cooed.

I looked up at Ryan and saw his steel blue eyes shining so much and his eyes were crinkled up from the smile. I leaned in and kissed him softly as my fingers traced along his slightly stubbled jaw.

“Thank you Ry,” I smiled.

“Of course sweetheart,” Ryan beamed, kissing my cheek before pulling away.

“What are you going to name him?” Kylee asked while coming over with Jake to pet him.

“Skip,” I told her.

Jake rolled his eyes before saying, “You’re only naming him that because he looks like the dog in that stupid My Dog Skip movie that makes you cry.”

“It’s not stupid,” I pouted.

He sent me a look before going to pet Skip but he growled and started yipping at Jake making us all laugh. I cuddled Skip and rubbed his head as I said, “Good dog!”

“Every day I realize more and more how happy I am you moved out,” Jake sent me an un-amused look.

I just stuck my tongue out at him before we all shared a round of laughs. I love Skip and I’m glad to have him but one thing that is sweeter than this little puppy is the guy who gave him to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kirstie

Comments?