I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

I Need To Ask You That

"Why is this taking so long?" I huffed as I waited with the Weimers to see Ryan.

"They usually wait until they wake up before they let you back. I'm sure he's fine," Jake encouraged with an arm around Kylee and his other hand resting on his back.

"I want to see him now," Kylee sighed.

I agreed before leaning forward in my chair and resting my head in my hands. I want to know what's going on with Ryan and I want him to be okay!

After what seemed like years, a nurse came and told us what kind of injuries he had. She said he had a concussion, whiplash, and a broken ankle but he had internal bleeding which is what they had to do surgery on to get it to stop. She said he would be okay and that he was awake and we could go see him and with that, I went to his room as quickly as I could.

When I got in there, I stopped short. Ryan was laying in bed and his face was covered in cuts and bruises along with his strong arms. Just seeing that made my heart break and tears poured out once again. Jake walked in and wrapped me up in his arms while Kylee sat on the edge of Ryan's bed and talked to her brother.

"Kirstie, he's going to be okay, don't worry," Jake cooed.

"I wish I was the one in the bed, not Ryan," I cried into Jake's chest.

"Well I know Ryan doesn't wish that. Besides, now Ryan will need someone to take care of him and you're good at that," Jake encouraged.

I was about to reply when I heard Ryan's raspy voice say, "Kirstie?"

I tried to wipe away my tears as I turned around but they quickly got replaced. I was sad seeing Ryan but also relieved he was alright. He was holding his arms out for me so I sat down on the other side of the bed Kylee wasn't on and gingerly hugged Ryan.

"Are you okay?" I asked, cupping my hand on his cheek and looking into his blue eyes.

"I think I need to ask you that," He softly chuckled, using a hand to wipe my tears away.

"I was just so worried and it's all my fault Ry, if I hadn't wanted to go to dinner then-" I started but he cut me off.

"None of this is your fault and I'm alright," Ryan smiled, tucking some hair behind my ear.

I let out a sigh of relief before leaning down to massage his lips with my own. When we parted I kept my face close to his and stroked his cheek with my thumb.

"I love you more than anything," I told him.

"I love you the same way," He replied, gently grabbing my hand that was resting on his cheek and kissed it softly.

I felt so relieved knowing that Ryan is going to be okay. I don't know what I would do without him and I'm glad I don't have to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kirstie

comments?