Status: Every day unless we say.

We Are the Revelation!

The Armory

“Still unfit,” Jake’s grim voice said to me.
Anger began to boil up inside me. Unfit? I thought angrily. I’ll show HIM unfit. As soon as his back turned, I went all pirate-ninja-samurai on him. His back was turned, and my leg came up ‘impulsively’ and kicked him in the balls. He doubled over, and then quickly straightened up. He turned on me. Instead of doing what I expected him to, (which was hit me) he weakly said,
“Maybe you are fit for battle…” He stuttered.
I smiled. Alexandria was blushing with embarrassment as Jake said, “I’ll get you back for that.”
Jake led us to what I assumed was the armory. Sure enough, as we neared our destination, I smelt gunpowder in the air. I was astonished at how massive the armory was. 13-foot-tall steel plated walls and a flat, iron roof. As I trotted behind Lexi and Jake, I considered the consequences of entering a war. Then, I started to think about what Alexandria and I’s families were doing. My mom was probably pacing holes in the kitchen floor, and Lexi’s mom had probably called the police by now. I missed my mom. I stopped thinking when I entered the Armory, because my head had no room for thought. I was overcome with the thought of; “OMG! So…. AWESOME!”
The walls were lined with Colt 45’s, Magnum 398’s, 22-caliber shotguns, you name it! Any type of gun you could ask for. On the walls, there were also shelves upon shelves of other weapons; darts, bow and arrows, bowguns, swords, spears, even Legos! Suddenly, Jake reached into his pocket and pulled out a tape measure. He unfurled it and smacked it against Alexandria’s chest. He mumbled something. Then he measured her head circumference.
“Put your arms out!” He barked.
Alexandria’s arms shot out like bullets. Jake then measured her arm span. Her dark green eyes showed that she felt violated. Jake then pushed her arms down.
“Size 16… maybe 17,” He mumbled. He strutted over to me and measured me the same way.
“Size 14…” He muttered.
Then he snapped the measure back into its case and stalked off to what I thought was a closet. Once he left, I heard a whooshing noise. Obviously, Alexandria also heard it because a few seconds later she exclaimed;
“What the heck was that?”
I shook my head. “I have no idea. Jake probably left the door open."
Right after I said that, the whooshing noise got louder. Jake emerged out of the closet.
“What are you talking about out here?” He asked.
I told him about the noise we heard. Jake’s expressionless face suddenly morphed to shock.
“What the- I closed the doors! Goddammit! How did that thing…” He paused. His open mouthed expression vanished. He looked at us.
“Girls, to arms… we've got a Fear shadow on our hands.”