Status: Every day unless we say.

We Are the Revelation!

Two Spies

I was still very weak. The guys had been gone for about twenty minutes now. I couldn’t stop blaming myself for Reini’s death. I could’ve fought the shadows away, but I was weak and too afraid to attack them. I’m such a bastard.
Suddenly, the infirmary door creaked open. In walked Jake, followed by the others. He’d cleaned the blood off his face and changed his jeans, but his expression stuck. He was so sad, that he couldn’t even cry anymore. He looked at me. “Are you hungry?” he asked quietly. I sighed and shook my head. I couldn’t eat. I had lost my appetite.
Surprisingly, he just nodded. He didn’t want to give me something that I didn’t want. I realized that he’d be way more protective over Alexandria and I now that Reini was gone. We were the only ones left that weren’t dead. “Is there anything else?” he asked helpfully. I thought for a moment. I didn’t want to sound like an overfed pig…
“No, actually. No. Thank you, but no.” There were a million things that I could’ve asked for. Andy stepped up. “Despite the fact that we won this battle, we still have yet to save Ella from F.E.A.R.” he mentioned. Jake whirled around. “What? When did this happen?” he asked. I was shocked. “You didn’t know?” I asked. He shook his head, eyes wide. Ashley told Jake what happened. As Ashley talked, Jake’s eyes got wider.
He looked at Andy. “Why didn’t anyone tell me about this?” He asked, agitated. Andy shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe it was because we were drunk, maybe it was because of the battle.” He said. “That’s no excuse,” Jake said. “There were plenty of times you could’ve told me.”

Andy looked at his shoes. “Didn’t want you to get upset,” he muttered. Jake sighed. “Call Ben and Danny. They need to go spy on F.E.A.R.’s castle to see if they can find Ella.” He said.
Hold on. Ben and Danny? As in Ben Bruce and Danny Worsnop?
“Ben and Danny?” Alexandria asked. Jake nodded. “Our top spies,” he said. I raised an eyebrow. “You friends with them or anything?” I asked, sitting up. Jake blinked. “Not really… I mean, we know them if that’s anything to you. Why?” he asked. I looked at Alexandria. “No reason… is there a James too?” she asked. Jake nodded. “He’s a foot soldier in the army. Anyone else you guys have thought of?” he said. I giggled.
“How about a Cameron and a Sam?” Alexandria asked. Jake nodded again. “Both foot soldiers. How do you know this stuff?” Jake asked, slightly surprised. “In our dimension, you guys are friends with those guys. You like each other’s music; you do interviews together, et cetera…” I trailed off. Jake nodded. “That’s… nice.” He said. He slowly turned around.
He walked out of the room. Andy and the others had already gone. “Ben, Danny! Come here!” I heard Andy yell. Two familiar British “Yes sir’s” were heard. They must’ve been here the whole time. Andy walked back in, this time followed by two men clad in black. Sure enough, it was Danny Worsnop and Ben Bruce. “Girls, I’d like you to meet Ben and Danny, our spies.” Andy introduced.
“Hello, mates.” Alexandria said. Instead of the expected laid-back, playful response, all we got was a crisp, slight nod from both of them. I looked around their heads and met Andy’s gaze. “You sure these guys are Ben and Danny?” I asked. Andy nodded surely. “Ben, at ease.” Andy said. Immediately, Ben slouched into a normal position, sighing quietly. I smiled. “There’s the Ben I’m familiar with,” I muttered to Alexandria. She smiled and nodded. “Danny, you too,” Andy said. Danny smiled gratefully and dropped his shoulders. “Thanks mate,” Ben said. Andy nodded. “You guys introduce yourselves or whatever you want to do. Fine with me.” Andy said. Danny nodded. Andy smiled and walked out the door. I sat up. “You have a ridiculously laid-back military,” Alexandria said. Ben nodded.
“You don’t know the half of it,” Danny laughed. “We have actual, comfortable beds. We get good food. Hell, this isn’t a military. It’s a vacation hotel with volunteer work.” I laughed. Ben stood back and surveyed us. “So you’re the new recruits, I hear?” He asked. Alexandria nodded shyly. “What are your names?” Ben asked. “I’m Sapphire.” I said. Alexandria had a way bigger affinity to these guys than I ever could, so consequently, she was a bit star-struck.
“Alexandria,” she mumbled, blushing out of control. Ben nodded. “Well, we kind of need an update on what exactly is going on here. What’s happening, battle-wise?” Danny asked. “In short, F.E.A.R. has Ella captive and Andy needs you to spy on F.E.A.R’s castle.” I explained. Ben’s eyes widened. “The direct castle?” Danny asked. I shrugged. “Ask Andy, I have no idea. He’s the one issuing the orders.” I said. They nodded. “Anything else? Casualties?” Ben asked. I bit my lip. I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t know what kind of a rapport they had with Reini.
Alexandria was trying to get a word in. “Well, there was Reini. She… died.” Alexandria started off normal and quieted down at the end. Ben frowned. “Didn’t know her that well.” Danny said. “Still… pretty sad story on her part.” I nodded. “I’d rather not talk about it.” I said quietly. We sat in silence. Well, Alexandria and I sat, Danny and Ben were standing.
“So!” Ben said, breaking the aggrandized awkward silence. “How about those orders, Danny?” Danny had been staring off into space. “Wha’?” he said. “Orders,” Ben repeated. Danny nodded. “Yeah,” he said. “Bye, girls. Nice meeting you.” I nodded while Alexandria wiggled her fingers. They walked out the door briskly, back at a reluctant military attention.

Alexandria looked at me with a cartoonishly huge grin. “That was Ben Bruce, Sapphire.” She said. “BEN F*CKING BRUCE.” I nodded. “I’m surprised that you didn’t bow at his feet and offer your eternal services.” I said. Alexandria cut her eyes, but quickly turned back and smiled. “Yeah, me too.” She giggled. I smiled. “Let’s go in the main room; my stomach’s feeling a lot better.” I said. She nodded. I brought my legs around and slid off of the bed. Suddenly, I heard a gunshot.
“What the hell?” I exclaimed. Alexandria and I speed-walked out the door. What we saw wasn’t terrifying, but it wasn’t exactly reassuring either. Jake was standing facing the wall. He was breathing fast, and I assumed that he had been surprised. Pointing at nothing, he was holding a pistol with both hands, finger poking at the trigger. Smoke seeped out of the business end of the gun.
Ben, Danny, and Andy were standing behind Jake, hands on their holsters. “What happened here?” Alexandria asked. Andy eyed us. “Stray shadow ended up in here; Jake got it though.” He said. “Gave us a bit of a scare.” Danny added. I nodded. “Okay.” I said. “But I thought we got them all.” Ben shrugged. “Apparently not.” He said.
“There could still be more,” Jake said. “I’m going back out there.” Andy stepped up. “No, don’t.” he said. Jake turned around. “Well, should I risk more of those getting in here? Or staying out there where they can’t cause much trouble?” he said.
“At least don’t go alone,” I said. Jake and Andy looked at me. “What?” they said in unison. “I’ll go.” I said. “I didn’t go last time, and look where that got me. Half-dead before you got here. I’m going and that’s final.” I made sure my point was stated. Andy sighed. “I’m not gonna argue with you. You’ve got a point. Still got your gun?” Jake asked. I nodded. “Polished and loaded?” he asked. I nodded again.
“Alright, go get it. Let’s go; we don’t have much time to lose.” Jake said.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY ben and danny have made their appearance.