Status: Every day unless we say.

We Are the Revelation!

Outnumbered

Jake and I said nothing to each other. We just held our weapons and walked around to the front. What we saw was nothing like we expected. We were presented with a blank landscape. Just the crackled ground and the grey sky was all that was with us. We were alone. Jake looked confused.
“This doesn’t make any sense.” He said. “How would that shadow get in the armory if it wasn’t close at all?” I shrugged. “They have their own plans. You did mention that they had tunnels.” I said. Jake nodded. “Just to check, we should go around back. They might be hiding out there.” He said.
“Okay,” I said. With that, we walked around the armory. It was actually a pretty big place. It was large, and shaped like a big, silver square. That was about it. As we turned the corner, something really scary was presented to us. “Holy shit…” I muttered. Behind the building, there were at least a hundred F.E.A.R. shadows. “We can’t fight on our own. We need help.” Jake whispered. Apparently, he didn’t whisper soft enough. A shadow turned around and stared us both directly in the face.
“It sees us,” Jake said. “Run for your life.” So we did. We ran back to the front entrance as we were followed by a quarter of the shadow legion. We reached the door and yanked it open. Andy was sitting in the room alone; he had probably sent Ben and Danny on their mission already. He immediately looked up as we bolted inside. “There’s more shadows than we bargained for, Andy,” I said. “Help.”
Before he could bat an eye, the small pack of shadows that had been following us evaporated through the walls. I shrieked. Jake held his gun up and whispered, “Shoot as many as possible.” I nodded and pulled the trigger on one that was creeping up beside me. Andy had nothing to defend himself with. He was a sitting target. He realized that fact and ran out of the room to either leave all the shooting to Jake and me or to go get a weapon of his own. Hearing the gunshots adorning the main room, Jinxx, CC, and Ashley rushed out of the back. Their eyes widened. I looked at them as I shot a shadow that was flying overhead.
After I mouthed the word “Help,” to them, Alexandria ran out of the guest bunks, shooting arrows at top speed. I smiled as we shot two shadows next to each other. Just as the number of shadows was close to zero, the rest of the legion seeped through the walls.
The look of triumph on our faces morphed to disbelief and terror. Even though we were vastly outnumbered, and it would’ve been the best time in the world for them to attack, the shadows stayed dormant, hovering ominously in filed lines. Jake scowled and lowered his gun. He looked a shadow in the eye with a cold stare. “Alright, what do you want?” he asked. “You’re not attacking, and if you came with hostile intent, we’d be dead. What is it?”
Alexandria moved in close to me in our defense. We huddled near Jake. Jinxx, CC, and Ashley were standing shoulder to shoulder, jaws dropped. Even the gods were scared of this sudden wave of shadows. The shadow that Jake was directed at moved forward, leaving a small trail of black in its wake.
That was all it did. It just hovered there… not doing anything. “Speak to me!” Jake yelled angrily. The shadow growled and balled its fists. It opened its mouth as if it wanted to speak. Jake was getting impatient. “I’m waiting!” he yelled emphatically.
“We… need…” the shadow started to speak. It had a gristly voice, like its throat was coated with rocks. “What?” What do you need?” Jake asked more calmly than before. “We need… another.” The shadow said. “What? Another what?” Jake asked. The shadow grinned evilly. “Another… prisoner.” I was scared. What if they wanted me? Or Alexandria? No… I thought to myself. Jake would never let them take us.
“But why?” Jake asked. “To… strengthen… our… forces.” The shadow managed to say. It, without warning, raised its arm up to eye level. It pointed its clawed finger right at Alexandria. I gasped. I defensively stood in front of her to guard her. “No!” I retorted to the shadow. It did not move.
“You can’t have her. She’s smarter than you. You don’t need her, anyways. You only want her to satisfy your greedy minds. You have so many shadows. She would be a grain of sand in the desert compared to your already vast numbers.” The shadow raised the rest of his fingers to his pointed one. I felt a tugging force and it pushed me out of the way telepathically.
I yelped as I hit the ground. Alexandria’s face had the expression that most children had when their mother found out that they had done something and not told her beforehand. She had an expression of pure fear. Fear mixed with agony and sadness. We all came to the assumption of what was going to happen next. The shadow returned his hand to one finger and resumed pointing at Alexandria.
She did what we all feared she was going to do. She unwillingly dropped to her knees. “No,” she said, barely audible. As she shadow tried to force her head down, she screamed. “NO!!” she yelled, but that soon turned to an anguished cry.
I wanted to swoop right in and grab her away from that, but there was nothing I could do. She cried as she visibly struggled with the shadow. She exhaled in defeat as her head was forced down. I could hear her breathing heavily as she was forced to pray. A tear fell from her eye and landed near her knees. The shadow turned away, but Alexandria stayed the same.
It nodded its head to two shadows behind it. They snaked forward and surrounded Alexandria. “Lexi, NO!” I screamed. I was still lying on the ground, too shocked to get up. A shadow turned to me and hit me with a hard stare that burned in my brain. I winced and fell back, holding my head. The two shadows then seized Alexandria by her arms. She, surprisingly, forced her head up, screaming expletives of disagreement.
“NO! Get off me! Let me go, you bastards!” she screamed, writhing and kicking in their grasp. The shadow on the right used its remaining hand and lightly touched her forehead. With a final echoing “No,” she dropped her head and let them drag her away. I got myself up. “Don’t hurt her!” I screamed, launching myself at one of the shadows, only to be stopped by Jake. “It’s too late. I’m so, so sorry.” He said sadly. We watched in disbelief as the shadows disappeared, taking Alexandria with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE comment on how you thought it was. Also tell your friends about this if you think this is good!! Thank you!

-PeaceMel77