Status: Every day unless we say.

We Are the Revelation!

To The Rescue

Guns loaded, knuckles cracked, our motives set, we were ready to go. I looked at Jake wearily. “How will we get there if F.E.A.R.’s base is on a whole different island?” I asked. “There’s a land-bridge that I forgot to mention.” He said coyly. I nodded.

“Wait, what if there are more shadows out there?” Ashley asked. “Doubt it seriously,” Jinxx said. CC and Andy nodded. Everyone’s weapons were diverse. Jake, abandoning the machine gun for subtlety’s sake, had a small handgun similar to my own. Andy carried more than one weapon. On his left hip was a bottle of some type of acid. On his right hip was a holster carrying a gun larger than Jake and I’s.
CC and Jinxx carried nothing. They would fight with (presumptuously) magic and/or fists. I only knew what Ashley had because I saw him put it in his boot. He had a large Machete. As for myself, I had my regular Walter P99 resting comfortably in my leather holster.

Walking triumphantly, we exited the armory, allowing the doors to slam stridently. Jake led us south. We walked for what seemed like hours. At last, we reached the land-bridge. It was a thin line stretching across violent torrents of ocean water.

At the end of the land-bridge, there was a large island encompassed by a blackened cloud. I gulped. We walked silently across the land-bridge. Waves splashed discreetly on our bodies. My lavender shirt was sprinkled with darkened specks of seawater.

We set foot on the dark island. I was assuming that this was Mortician’s Island, because that’s where Jake said F.E.A.R. lived. The first thing that I noticed on the island was the sky.
It was an infuriating, boiling red.

The other thing was the pretentiously large base in the center of the island. It was larger than the base at Jake’s island, but maintained the same shape. It had a large ‘H’ on the roof, maybe standing for Headquarters. “That’s where Alexandria and Ella are,” Andy said, pointing to the base. “We have to infiltrate that monster?” I asked. I wasn’t sure if I was prepared. Prepared or not, that was what I was going to do, that’s for damn sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that its short & crappy-- i have a nasty cold and it was 11 in the morning when I wrote it. I promise chapter 24 will be better.

-PeaceMel77