Status: Every day unless we say.

We Are the Revelation!

Back On Solid Ground

We were tripping over each other’s boots to get off the island. I was running as fast as I could, but I was still pissed off at Sapphire. I mean, what the hell? Yeah, I was in a trance and shit, but she really didn’t have to slap me in the bloody face.

We got to the land-bridge that connected Jake’s and F.E.A.R.’s islands. Not hesitating, we sped across. The ocean waves were annoyingly splashing onto me as I dashed across. It felt good, being able to run. The wind at my back, the fresh air. It had seemed like a thousand years since I had felt outside air on my skin.

When I was trapped, it was like my conscious was turned into a mindless automaton. Repeating one word over and over again, like a broken record. “Pray. Pray. Pray.” It would say. I could do nothing but. Not eat, not cry for help. On the inside, I was alive. On the outside, I was a hollow shell of nothing. You only knew I was alive because I was breathing.

The only thing I could feel was pain. The fire in my arm as I was branded. The chilling strikes of cold air on my skin as I languished in the cage. The sting of tears unable to be shed. The crave for freedom. In my heart, I was grasping at the bars on the cage, frantically trying to get free. I was screaming and cursing. But, in reality, I wasn’t.

I was so happy to be back on Jake’s island and we emerged from the impending darkness. I tripped on purpose and fell on my stomach, laughing. Sapphire stopped running and turned around. I was hugging the crackled earth like I was a bloody drunk, but I didn’t care.

Sapphire gave me a look. “Get up, you.” She giggled. It must’ve been pretty funny, watching me roll around like that. “Give me a mo’, I’m relishing here.” I said. Sapphire laughed. The blokes had turned around to see what the holdup was. Just me… relishing.

“You know, that dirt is going to make hell of your hair.” Jake said. I looked at him condescendingly. “Does it look like I give a shit?” I asked matter-of-factly, smiling. Jake threw his hands up. I got up anyway, dusting off my shirt. “Are ya done relishing, Lexi?” Sapphire asked. I nodded. Then, I realized that she just saved my life. I threw my arms around her. “Missed you, mate,” I said. She patted my back like I was loony. “Missed you too, Lexi.” She said, humoring me.

I propelled myself back up off of Sapphire, wobbling to a stand. “Sorry, just realized you saved my damn life, an’ I wanted a hug.” I said. Sapphire nodded. “It’s a regular thing, Lexi.” She said, smiling. Suddenly, I remembered something very important. “Oh my god,” I said. “What?” Jake asked. “We f*cking forgot to save Ella.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update! I need to get off my lazy bum and do this more often.