Status: Sidetracked by an idea a hiatus actually

Engergumen

One

Gerard Way rolled his eyes at his best friend's lame attempt to distract him from his latest failure at a chemistry test. "I mean its not like you're failing!" Frank Iero threw his hands in the cold autumn air, it was lunch at St. France's catholic school. Gerard couldn't believe for the second week in a row he failed a test, if he could confine in Frank he would explain how he doesn't sleep at night anymore, he stares at the wall each night and when sleep comes he awakes to dried blood on his clothes. He thinks deeply of this as Frank rolls up a comic smacking Gerard playfully on his head. "Frank cut out that's not helping." Gerard spoke with more hostilely than he intended. He looked up from his failed test discovering Frank's stunned look, he didn't mean to be so cruel especially to someone he should be able to tell his problems to.

"I'm sorry, hey do you want to swing by my house after school?" Frank crumbled up the remains of his sack lunch. Gerard hadn't ate he stared at his untouched lunch himself. "My dad's at a conference in New York this weekend so maybe we can hang out play video games or watch some crappy horror films." Frank offered his friend.

"I'll stop by after I drop off Mikey at home." Gerard smiled at his friend. He opened his mouth to say more when the bell rang overshadowing the the two boy's conversation. "Fuck I have math." Frank gathered to his feet leaving Gerard at the bench. Gerard watched him walk away dusting off his uniform, making sure no one was around he stole a quick glance at his friend's ass wishing he could run over to him explaining why he was so snappy and frustrated. "Mr. Way are you going to class or going to join us after school?" A teacher Gerard never seen before spoke shrilly behind him. Gerard not wanting to have his day ruined more followed suit behind the remaining students outside on this bright cold autumn day. He looked behind his shoulder to look again at the teacher who scolded him. She was gone, he felt a wave of paranoia flood over him it wasn't the first or last time people disappeared from his eyes.

()()()

Frank was thankful he ditched math, he could afford a warning after all his father donated regularly to the private school they would be kicking out Frank for ditching a few classes. He was lighting up his third smoke of the day. He was worried about Gerard, he would burst into random bouts of anger lashing out at Frank, he wasn't afraid of being punched by him Frank himself had been in a few fights with assholes at concerts, school and once at a kiddie camp when he was twelve. Awhile ago Gerard would of crumbled up his failed test and sketch out the teacher that failed him being eaten alive by zombies. Now he was worried about one simple test. He stubbed out his smoke with his shoes not wanting anyone reporting he was smoking. He pulled out his phone frowning that his friend hadn't text him. Gerard wasn't being truthful with Frank, the lines and dark patches around his once bright hazel eyes now dimmed and full of anger. Frank himself tried asking Mikey what was wrong with his brother, Mikey knew as much as Frank did. Unable to help his friend Frank was on his guard waiting for Gerard to burst or ready for the first punch. He didn't know why he was so angry it seemed after school began again he was morphing into someone Frank didn't believe was his best friend since childhood.

()()()

"Do you wanna watch the bride of Dracula or dawn of the dead." Frank looked at his collection of films turning to his silent friend.

"I dunno whatever you want." Gerard took a mouthful of the whiskey he smuggled from his parents, if anyone asked he could blame it on Mikey.

"That's not a film." Frank got to his knees next to Gerard on the sofa.

"Frankie it's your choice.

"Fine." Frank pulled a random dvd off the shelf not caring for the title skipping the previews onscreen.

"What's your deal?" Gerard asked.

Frank heaved a sigh as he sat down next to Gerard picking off the invisible dirt on his school blazer. "My deal? You're the one to say." Frank didn't bother to hide his tone. He was pissed and concerned for him.

There was a long silence between the two as the opening credits played across the screen. "I can't sleep." Gerard finally spoke.

Frank this time took the whiskey bottle off the coffee table waiting to hear more. "Is that why you've been an ass to me? Snapping out on the littlest things?"

"I guess you could say that." Gerard gripped onto the bowl of untouched popcorn turning his knuckles white.

"I'm your best friend you should be able to tell me anything." Frank rested his hand on his friend's shoulder. Pulling away quickly, he felt his heart flutter not sure if it was from the drinking or the fact he touched Gerard's shoulder.

"There is so many things I want to tell you, it sounds insane most of it."

"So you can't sleep. Is that all?" Frank studied the shadows beneath his eyes.

Gerard shook his head. "Maybe if I stay here tonight, I can get some rest." Gerard spoke softly.

If Frank's heart beat anymore in his chest he was bound to die happily knowing Gerard for the first time in months wanted to sleep at the Iero's home.

"If that's okay with you."

Frank responded with throwing a small pile of popcorn at his friend. "Why would you ask that? You're always welcome to crash here."

Gerard instead of bursting into anger, pulled Frank into a unbreakable embrace causing Frank to burst into a fit of laughter. It was nice just two friends not worrying about Gerard's issues. Although Frank knew Gerard was drunk he could still pretend he was dating Gerard. He didn't notice that Gerard's hands was slipping under Frank's blazer.

()()()
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is going to be better i swear.