Young & Beautiful

one

Chloe Sanders couldn't believe the whirlwind of events that happened after she won Miss USA 2011, she had to go on many press tours and conferences after the win. Tonight was supposed to be another publicity event for her at the Washington Capital game against the Flyers. Currently her sister/assistant was reading off her appointments for today. "They want you to go to practice so you can practice dropping the puck." Taylor muttered at her sister who was staring off into space.

"We have to leave in 30 minutes so we can make it to the practice." Taylor said closing the Chloe's bedroom door. Chloe just rolled her eyes, she was so tired of having every stupid minute of her life planned out. She couldn't wait till she crowns the new Miss USA.

Chloe threw on a red J. Crew sweater, black skinny jeans and a par of heels. She wasn't really interested in hockey players so she didn't feel the need to try and impress them. Especially since she would be seeing them later on tonight all glamed up for tonights big ceremony. Every D.C event she went to was big since she won Miss District of Columbia and then Miss USA.

Some guy in a Capitals polo was explaining to Chloe how everything was going to work tonight when she was to drop the puck. Chloe wasn't really paying attention, she was just staring at the players wishing she could skate like them. No matter how burly they were, they were so graceful on the ice.

"Think she's staring at me?" Mike Green asked as him, Brooks, Ovie and Backstrom were all staring at the mystery brunette. She was staring right there way, like she was in a trance or something. Mike winked at her and her reply was nothing but a eye roll.

"I guess not." Brooks said laughing staking away from Green who looked like his puppy died.

"Boys, come on over!" The man in the Capitals polo yelled waving over the hockey players. Chloe, Taylor and this man were standing on the red carpet that was laid out for Chloe for the puck dropping ceremony.

"Boys, this is Chloe Sanders. Chloe Sanders this is the Washington Capitals. She's going to be dropping the puck tonight." The man said introducing everyone to her. Of course she wanted hockey growing up but it was never a sport she followed. She was more of a baseball fan, America's favorite pastime.

Brooks watched as Chloe Sanders shyly waved at them before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. He didn't even know who she was but figured she was someone special to drop the puck. She was absolutely beautiful and if he had the chance he would take her right now on the red carpet. "I'm sorry but we have to get ready for tonight." The girl next to her said before stalking off the red carpet. As Chloe pursued her lips, Brooks noticed the cute dimples on either side of her face.

"Why she important?" Ovie asked after Chloe and the lady left the rink.

"She was recently crowned Miss USA, she was also Miss. D.C." Green answered causally answered. Everyone knew he would have the answer since he was the one who knew all about the models and pageant queens.

Brooks immediately scrunched his nose, he didn't want to date another beauty queen. He just wanted to date a nice down to earth girl, of course she was hard to find with all the puck bunnies throwing themselves at him. He was a full blooded man who couldn't turn down a one night stand but of course this made finding the perfect girl hard.

As Brooks was trying to take his routine nap but all he could think about was Chloe's blue eyes, cute dimples and luscious brown hair. No matter what he did he couldn't stop thinking about her, after tossing and turning for 30 minutes he finally got some shut eye.

"How do you want your hair today, Miss Sanders?" Drake asked playing around with his best friends hair. Drake and Chole have been best friends since starting her run to be Miss USA, he could do hair and makeup better than anyone else she knew.

"Nothing fancy Drake. She has to wear the crown." Taylor butted in as usual. She acted as if she won the crown at times which irritated Chloe beyond her wits.

After 3 hours Chole was finally ready to leave her hotel room in a Sherri Hill lilac dress with Jimmy Choo peep toe heels. Drake kept her hair simple since she had to wear the crown but went with a dramatic cat eye and nude lip. Chloe always felt more confident when she was all dressed up, she felt like a different person. Like how Beyonce was Sasha Fierce when she went on stage, whenever Chloe was dressed up she felt like Marilyn Monroe.

"Boys Miss USA is gonna come wish you luck, respect her." Coach said before Chloe strutted into the room.

"Um, I would just like to wish you guys good luck tonight! I'll be cheering for you guys." Chloe said directing the last point especially to number 21.

After Chloe strutted back out of the locker room all the guys started to hoot & holler at Brooks. "You're getting laid tonight!" Green shouted at him. Brooks just laughed along but was slightly disappointed that Chloe turned out to be like every other girl.

"Now introducing District of Columbia's own Miss USA, Chloe Sanders!" The announcers voice boomed in the Verizon Center. The crowd went wild as the men hollered at the beautiful creature walking down the red carpet to drop the puck. At that very moment Brooks wanted to run over and put his jersey over her and carry her away.

Chloe dropped the puck, took a couple of pictures with the Captains and then the game started. It was a physical game between the Capitals and the Red Wings. They were both undefeated and tonight was going to decide who was going to be the only undefeated team in the league. Brooks didn't play exceptionally well but they came out with a win.

As Chloe waited till all the guys were dressed she talked to the media for a bit and then hung out with the families. She was playing with John Erskine children, his daughter was simply awe over her crown. "Daddy, look I'm a princess!" She shouted running to her dad while holding onto the crown.

Chloe stayed back so she could take a picture with her hometown team knowing her father would appreciate it. He was always talking about the Washington Capital and how this was the year that they were going to win the Cup. After she was finally able to get her crown back and the picture was taken Chloe decided it was her time to leave.

"Party with us?!" Ovie asked just as Chloe was leaving. Chloe hesitated before graciously declining the invitation.

Chloe was walking around the arena trying to find her way out. It seems like she's been walking around in a circle for 10 minutes now and she wasn't getting anywhere. Her heels were killing her so she removed them and was now walking barefoot. "Do you need help?" A voice behind her asked scaring the shit out of her.

"Holy crap. I thought you were a serial killer or something." Chloe muttered holding her chest as she felt her heart race.

"No, it's just me. I'll show you the way out, follow me." Brooks said lending his arm to Chloe as she was she put her heels back on.

"Ovie was a little hurt that you declined his party invitation." Brook chuckled as Chloe was still holding onto his arm. She let out a little giggle imagining at the hurt russian.

"I can't get caught partying, I'd lose the crown and the chance of becoming Miss Universe." Chloe laughed pointing to her crown.

"Well thank you for saving Mr. Laich. I'll have to repay you somehow before I leave for New York." Chloe confidently asked Brooks.

"Karma. Pass it on." Brooks laughed as Chloe nodded her head a little surprised. Brooks waited until she got into the black SVU before getting into his own car and heading home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first Capitals story so if any Capitals fan want to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! I would like to hear what you guys think about this story. Enjoy!