Status: Active. Hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!

Transportation Miscalculation

Prologue

Prologue

~Jinx~

My name is Erica, I am 342 years old, and I can never die. At least as far as I know. The day I turned 21 I stopped aging. I don't know how or why, it just is. I've stopped asking questions. Of course, I was different from the start. I can remember every moment of my life; from the time I left my mother until now. Sometimes, if I try really hard I think I can remember what it was like being in my mother's womb, but those memories are quite foggy.

I suppose I should tell you what makes me so different. Well, the most noticeable difference I possess is that my eyes change colors. I'm not sure what makes them change, but one day my eyes are a deep chocolate brown and the next they are a startling icy blue. I also have a very strong fight-or-flight instinct, in fact, it is so strong that when I am in life threatening danger I simply disappear from where I am and turn up somewhere else!

To be honest, I'm not very good at controlling the 'powers' I have. Though, that whole transportation thing really helped when those puritans in Salem tried to burn my ass! After that I learned not to show my abilities to anyone. Sure, I still slip into people's minds to see what they're thinking and change the bad decisions they are going to make, but only if it will cause them death or serious injury. I can also sense if someone is going to be a danger to me, or if they are lying. Never once has someone been able to tell me a lie without me knowing.

I spend most of my time reading books and learning absolutely everything I can. I also enjoy slipping into imaginary worlds full of epic adventures. Sometimes I wish I could travel to distant stars just to get away from the glares of people whom I would never harm, but are afraid of me anyway; just because I'm different.

I have one friend, Cara, who knows about me, but that is it. I mostly stay in my apartment by myself. I have groceries delivered and anything else I need I can simply summon with my gifts. If I ever do go out I wear dark sunglasses in case my eyes decide to shift color at a random moment. After I showed Cara what I could do she started calling me Jinx. I really like the name Jinx; it really fits who I am.

I've been having this feeling of someone watching me lately. Even when I am home and absolutely no one is around I still get this prickling sensation at the back of my neck.

Anyway, my name is Jinx, and this is the story of how my life truly started, 342 years after I was born.

~Loki~

Being the God of Mischief has its perks, but it also has its downside. For example, my magical abilities make life much simpler and my silvertongue allows me to get anyone to do what I like, however, I am also not trusted or liked. Most of the time, well all of the time actually, people only spend time with me because I am so often in the company of my oaf of an older brother.

Thor has always been the favorite son, the golden boy, and heir to the throne of Asgard. He is brawny and boisterous and a complete fool. He finds his thrill in battle, a trait that has gotten him and his friends into trouble more than once. I find my joy in working new spells and mastering my craft. I also enjoy the fantasy worlds of books; I enjoy being transported into places that another's mind has imagined.

Magic is all but worshipped in Asgard anymore. Odin felt the art was dying out so now anyone who shows the slightest sign of magical ability is whisked off to the academy to hone their skill. However, it is rare to find a sorcerer as diversified as I. Most are very good at one aspect of magic and can hardly even attempt another skill, where as I am able to do it all, and quite well I might add.

Even though his friends always include me in their activities, lately I've been feeling quite lonely. I wish I had someone who wanted to spend time with ME, instead of Thor. I wish I had someone who was completely and utterly mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
AN: Thanks for reading, I'm hoping this turns out alright as it is my first fanfic. This is just introducing my OC and the Loki that I would want to have :) The story is going to switch POV's between Jinx and Loki, but the changes are marked and will continue to be. Anyway, I hope you like it and I am always up for a little constructive criticism!