Status: Active. Hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!

Transportation Miscalculation

Thor and Dreaming

Chapter 10 ~ Thor and Dreaming
~Loki~
The pain I was experiencing got so bad that I had to brace myself against a wall to keep from falling over. A moment lather however, all the pain ceased. I sighed in relief; Odin’s spell must have taken effect. It took a moment more for me to right myself before I headed once more for the gardens.

When I stepped outside I immediately looked up at the sky. The moon and stars were unobstructed by clouds so I figured it would be safe to sleep in the gardens to regain my magic swiftly. I walked through the maze to the center and summoned a pillow and blanket and lay down by the tree. I realized suddenly that I was lying in the exact spot Jinx had appeared and the thought brought a smile to my face as I drifted off to sleep.

~Thor’s POV ~
I woke to birds singing and sunlight streaming across my bed. I stretched slowly before moving to my balcony to further wake myself before heading to breakfast. I have always loved the view of the gardens from my terrace. However, this morn, when I looked at the garden maze, I noticed a figure sleeping at the center near the large tree. I immediately recognized the dark locks and lean, pale form of my brother.

So, I thought to myself, my brother has finally decided to leave the chambers of the maiden who appeared from nowhere. I shall bring him breakfast so I may enquire about this Jinx.

I moved back into my room and got dressed for the day. I wore red and grey as I normally do. When I was dressed I made my way to the dining hall for breakfast. When I entered the hall both of my parents were seated at the table, finishing their meals.

“Mother, father, how pleased I am to see you on this glorious morn!” I bellowed in greeting, my arm stretched to my sides as if encompassing them in a hug.

“Thor,” my mother smiled as I sat down, filled a plate, and began eating, “I trust you slept well.”

“Ah, yes, mother, I slept quite well. I saw from my balcony that Loki sleeps in the garden. Have you any idea why?”

This time my father was the one to speak, “Loki’s magic has been depleted from tending to our guest. His magic replenishes quicker when out amongst nature.”

“I see, and how is the maiden coping without Loki suppressing her pain?” I was honestly concerned now, I had heard her screams when she had first awoken, the whole palace had.
“I have cast her into a deep sleep so neither Jinx nor Loki can feel the pain of her injuries.”

“What do you mean?” I was truly confused, “How is it possible for Loki to feel her pain?”

“I am certain of nothing when it comes to these two,” Odin began, “but what I do know is that Loki feels what Jinx does if it is strong enough. Whether it is pain or surprise or sadness.”

“Is it possible that she has empathic abilities and simply doesn’t know how to control them? She is Midgardian after all, she has never been trained,” my mothers voice was quiet and curious.

I was now finished with my meal. I began filling another plate with food to bring to Loki.

“Thor, what are you doing?” my mother queried.

“I thought I would take breakfast to my dear brother and ask him about this Midgardian maiden,” I answered, then left the hall and made my way to the gardens and Loki.

~Loki~
I was awoken by a hand shaking my shoulder roughly. I tied batting it away, but it was insistent. I finally gave in and opened my eyes to see my brother’s face inches from mine. I pushed him away roughly before sitting up. I looked around me and realized I was in the gardens, that was when I remembered Jinx and a broad grin lit my face. Just the thought of her was enough to extinguish the ire I was directing towards my brother for waking me.

“Brother!” Thor boomed and I flinched. I loved the guy, but he needed to learn that his voice didn’t need to sound like the thunder he was the God of. “I have not seen you in days,” Thor complained, “I brought you breakfast so you may tell me of the lass that has kept you still for nearly five days. She must be special indeed for you to not have run away in boredom after mere hours. The only thing I’ve ever seen you stay still for is your books.”

I was worried now; if Thor thought Jinx was special would he try to court her? “I had many of my books brought into Jinx’s chambers,” I hedged, “I have been quite content.”

Thor smiled, “I see, and what have the two of you talked about since she woke?”

I grinned fondly, “She asked questions, a lot of questions. I spent nearly three hours simply answering questions when she first awoke.”
“What kinds of question? Questions about what?”

“She asked where she was and how she got here, who I was and endless questions about Asgard. I feel like I described every inch of Asgard to her.”

I had been eating whilst talking with Thor and as I swallowed the last of the food from my plate and rush of pain radiated through me from Jinx. I nearly choked as I sucked in a startled gasp. This shouldn’t be happening, Odin had put her into a deep sleep. She shouldn’t be able to be in pain. Finally, slowly, the pain subsided and all was well.

~Jinx~
I was having the most wonderful dream. It was sunshine and a warm breeze and Loki and I lying on a blanket under a magnificent tree. We were laughing and flirting and happy. Suddenly the dream shifted to black, then shifted again to a very dark midnight blue. I was freezing and in pain, but not the same pain as when I was awake and Loki’s magic had worn off; no, this pain was slicing and burning and stinging. This was pain that was ongoing, but it wasn’t happening to me.

I looked around and saw Loki strapped down on a slab of rock. This Loki was different than the one I knew, his face was sallow and his cheeks were hollow. Suddenly I felt a burning sensation and saw the matching wound appear on the arm of Loki. The mark quickly faded, but the pain lingered.

“Just give in,” came a voice from somewhere near Loki, his torturer I’d imagine, “take the scepter, lead our army, rule Earth, and bring us the Tesseract.”

Loki shook his head slightly, but I could see in his eyes that he couldn’t take much more. I wished I could go to him and give him strength, but just as I took my first step forward the dream shifted to black. When the black cleared I was once again under the tree on the blanket with the Loki I knew laughing next to me.