Status: Active. Hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!

Transportation Miscalculation

First Fight and Vivid Dreams

Chapter 19 ~ First Fight and Vivid Dreams

~Loki~
I looked quickly around the dining hall and when I confirmed that it was empty I pulled Jinx around to my front again and kissed her smiling mouth once more. When I pulled back she rested her forehead against mine and looked into my eyes. Though they were slightly blurry this close I could still tell they were emerald green and gold once more.

After a few more quick pecks on the lips I set her back on her feet. We walked over to the table and began filling our plates. I took a couple sandwiches and some fruit, but all Jinx had was fruit, much the same as she had for breakfast.

“You’ll want to eat more than that,” I stated, “at least have some protein.” I moved the tray with cheese cubes towards her.

“No thanks,” she breezed and began popping some of the shock berries into her mouth.

I scowled slightly, “Jinx you have to eat more than fruit. Practicing magic takes a lot out of you, especially when you are new at it. Please eat some cheese or meat or something.”

“New at it,” Jinx scoffed, “I’ve had magic since I was born! I would hardly say I’m new at it!”

“Yes, but you weren’t actively practicing it or learning new things! I’ve been teleporting for many years and it still takes a lot out of me, you’ve only just learned.”

Jinx sighed and picked up one cube of cheese, placed it on her tongue, and held it out for me to see before pulling it into her mouth and chewing. “Happy?” she asked after she had swallowed.

I smiled a bit, “Yes, thank you.”

“Whatever,” she huffed before standing and walking towards the balcony.

“That’s it?” I asked, “That’s all you’re going to have?”

She spun on her heel to face me. Her face was contorted in anger; then she closed her eyes and disappeared.

Just as Jinx left Thor and Sif and The Warriors Three entered. I sighed; of course they show up just as my buffer leaves. “Hello,” I murmured, tucking into my meal once more.

“Brother,” Thor began jovially, “where has Lady Jinx gone off to? We didn’t frighten her away did we?”

I quickly slipped my right hand around my left wrist to hide my new marking from their view. I’m not sure why I did it; I just knew I didn’t want to share that part of my relationship with Jinx with Thor and his cronies quite yet. As soon as it was invisible to them I returned to eating. I wanted to finish so I could go find Jinx and ask her why she was so mad at me. I had simply been trying to look out for her, make sure she remained healthy and wasn’t weakened by her new magic. Perhaps she thought I was patronizing her.

I had been so lost in thought that I didn’t realize the others were talking to me until Thor began shaking me. “Brother,” came his anxious voice, “are you well?”

“Fine,” I huffed, batting his hands away, “I’m perfectly fine, just thinking is all,” a small scowl formed of its own accord.

“What is troubling you so?” Fandral asked, “Perhaps we can help.”

“It’s nothing,” I murmured looking down at my plate, wondering if it was worth leaving hungry in order to find Jinx, “I think Jinx is mad at me,” I finished as an afterthought.

“Then apologize,” Thor said at the same time that Sif asked, “What did you do?”

I ignored Thor and looked at Sif, “I don’t know.”

~Jinx~
I reappeared at the shore where not an hour ago I had teleported myself onto Loki’s back. I sighed softly and sat with my knees hugged to my chest and my toes in the water. The sound of the waves was soothing. I closed my eyes and laid my head on my raised knees. Not long after I was sleeping and dreaming.

~Jinx’s Dream~
I was in Loki’s large four-poster bed in only a corset and panties. I watched as Loki slowly undressed in front of me. He took his time divesting himself of his leather and metal armor. I was becoming impatient; I made a move to get off the bed to help, but he stopped me with a glance.

“Patience Love, relish the anticipation,” he growled huskily.

I leaned back against the headboard and sat on my hands so as not to be tempted to use my magic to simply take his clothes away. I watched as he unfastened more straps from his armor. I could clearly see the evidence of his arousal at the front of his breeches.

He was mumbling under his breath now and if I wasn’t mistaken the words were an unbroken string of expletives.

I laughed softly, “Are you sure you don’t want my help Tesoro?” (translates as darling)

He looked up at me in surprise, “I had no idea you spoke Italian Love. You realize that is the first time you’ve called me a pet name.”

I smiled at him, “Do you realize that if you don’t hurry up I will remove your clothes and bind you to the bed with my magic and have my wicked way with you?”

He grinned wickedly at me, “Is that so? Do you really believe your magic is that strong? Do you really believe you could best me?”

Before I had a chance to respond the scene shifted. I was looking at a wall of solid glass with some of the panes broken. I was high up in the sky looking down at New York City, but something was wrong. The city was nearly destroyed and there were strange creatures about.

Loki suddenly landed on the balcony that lay on the other side of the glass wall. Just as he was getting up an enormous green man came at him and threw him through the glass and across the room into the opposite wall.

Loki stood and as the green man went for him again he screamed, “Enough!” the beast paused, “You are all of you beneath me,” he continued, “I am a God you dull creature and I will not be bullied by-“ a strangled cry escaped Loki’s lips as the green thing grabbed his leg and slammed him into the ground several times.

“Puny God,” came the creature’s voice as he walked away.

Just as I was about to run to Loki’s side the image switched back and I was once again on Loki’s bed in my corset and underwear.
~End of Dream~

I woke with a start as I felt a tickle on my left arm. It took me a few moments to come back to myself and check my arm for Loki’s message. It read ‘I’m sorry if I offended you Love, I wish to see you and discuss what happened, but only if you are ready’.

I smiled at his kindness, I couldn’t reconcile the Loki from my dream, cold and arrogant, with the Loki I know and love. I wondered if his detachment had anything to do with the torture from the last dream I’d had that was split like this one was.

I wanted to see my Loki, to know that he was not the man from my dreams, that he was still kind and gentle and mine. ‘I’d like to see you. Come and find me’ I sent him with a smile on my face.