Status: Active. Hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!

Transportation Miscalculation

Upset and Coquet

Chapter 8 ~ Upset and Coquet

~Loki~

Jinx's revelation was both a shock and a relief. The relief was stronger than the shock though. I was so glad she wasn't extremely young as I have been alive for thousands of years and tend to find that, at least with Asgardians, anyone younger than 100 is terribly immature. I haven't been to Midgard for quite some time so I'm not entirely sure what a normal Midgardian life span is, so I decided to ask.

"What is a normal human lifespan these days?"

"Oh, um, very few people life past 100 years," Jinx replied cautiously.

"But dear," my mother cut in, "you don't look very old," she was trying to be tactful, I could tell.

"Yes, I stopped aging 21 years after my birth. Nothing has changed since then, at least to my knowledge."

"I see, perhaps then you have a mixed parentage," Frigga mused.

"Excuse me?" Jinx's voice was a bit shriller than usual, "Both my mother and father were human."

"Are you certain? Perhaps your mother had an affair with a visitor from one of the other realms. It has been known to happen."

I felt Jinx's shoulders sag and turned to look at her just as her eyes closed. I saw tears running down her cheeks before her head went down and her hair fell forward to hide her face from view. I threw a sharp glance at my mother to show my disapproval. I felt the pang of anguish that ran through her and into me.

A small sniffle came from the woman I still held in an embrace. I turned more toward her and tucked her head under my chin. I rubbed a soothing hand up and down her back as I felt the small shudders that wracked her body. Moments later her sobbing became audible and my heart broke.

I looked again at my mother and her face was a mask of worry and guilt. "I'm so sorry," she murmured.

"Maybe you should go," I suggested, my voice slightly sharper than intended. I took a deep breath before continuing more calmly, "It is almost dinner time and Odin and Thor will be wondering where you are."

She rose slowly then pointed to the bedside table, "There is some food for you, I'm sure you are both hungry." Then she turned and swiftly left the room.

"I'm sorry," Jinx whimpered.

"You have nothing to be sorry about Love," I soothed, "my mother should have watched her words."

I don't know why I keep calling her Love, but it felt very right. We are connected, that is for sure, but I'm still not convinced we're soul mates or anything. I just feel very close to her. I feel like I'm falling in love even though I've only known her for about six hours.

"No, no, it's not her fault, I just haven't thought about my parents for a good 300 years or more. They never really liked me, I thought it was because I was so different, but now I wonder if it was because my mom was unfaithful."

She lifted her head and wiped her eyes, which were a stormy grey-blue, they almost looked like a raincloud.

"Your eyes are so beautiful. Have they always changed colors?"

"Thanks. Yeah, they've always changed; they usually change at least once a day. People are usually freaked out by it…" she trailed off at the end.

"Yes, well, most Midgardians are narrow-minded and afraid of anything different. I find the color change rather enthralling."

A small smile spread across Jinx's face, "Did your mom say something about food?"

I allowed her to change the subject, "Yes, are you hungry?"

"Famished," she enthused.

I reached across her and pulled the tray of bread, cheese, and fruit onto my lap and waited to see if she needed my help to eat as well. She groaned as she reached for a chunk of cheese and put her arm back by her side without taking anything.

She looked at me sheepishly, "Would you mid helping me? God, I feel like a freaking invalid."

"Well, you sort of are," I replied kindly before picking up a chunk of cheese and holding it to her lips.

Jinx leaned her head forward slightly, bit into the cheese, and closed her lips around my fingertips for a moment before pulling her head back, chewing the food, and swallowing.

The action was so simple, and frankly, innocent, but it sent a streak of lust straight through my body. I immediately felt guilty. The poor girl is hurt so badly that she can't even feed herself and here I am getting aroused. I needed a distraction. So I decided to ask her if she knew how she got hurt, but I figured I had to go about it slowly as I didn't want to upset her.

"Um, Jinx," I began as I picked up a piece of bread and held it up to her lips. She repeated the process she had used to eat the cheese. I gulped.

"Mmhmm?"

"Can you tell me how you came to be hurt?" My voice wavered more than I would have liked.

~Jinx~

I was hoping he wouldn't ask, but I always knew he would. I sighed as he held a piece of fruit, which almost looked like a grape, but it was bright orange in color, up to my lips. When he had given me the first bit of cheese my lips had accidentally closed around his fingers and I had heard his sharp intake of breath and I guessed he was feeling slightly aroused by it. When he fed me the bread I could tell he was holding his breath so I put my lips around his fingers again. A slight red creeping up his neck rewarded me. Now I knew I was getting to him, so with the piece of fruit I let my lips linger on his digits for several seconds before pulling back.

"Oh yummy," I breathed as I ate the fruit, it tasted like a cross between an apple and an orange, "what is that?"

"You don't have shock berries on Midgard?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Can I have another?"

Loki gazed into my eyes for a long moment before answering, "After you tell me about your accident."

I snorted, "I'm not so sure I'd call it an 'accident' it was more of a strict progression from cause to effect. A government agency became aware of my abilities and sent one of its agents to bring me in. I didn't want to go so he pulled out a syringe and was gonna use it to inject me with something that would have put me to sleep so he could bring me in without a struggle. I have a super strong fight-or-flight response that causes me to transport to someplace safe if I am in danger. When he brought out the syringe my transport reflex kicked in and I ended up in the middle of a busy street. After I transport all my senses are deadened for awhile so I didn't realize I was in danger until a huge truck hit me. That is pretty much it."

"So your government can just go around drugging people and taking them against their will?" He sounded appalled.

"I guess so," I replied with a shrug, then winced.

Loki made a sort of growl in the back of his throat then picked up another of the shock berries and held it to my lips as promised. I smirked before leaning forward and putting my lips around his thumb and forefinger then ran my tongue along his thumb as I pulled my mouth back.

His nostrils flared and his eyes narrowed. "Are you messing with me Jinx?" he asked suspiciously.

I smiled sweetly and looked at him with wide innocent eyes. "What ever do you mean?" I asked with a sickly sweet tone to my voice.