After the War

Goodnight

"Get down on yoour knees. Slut, get down on your knees!"

Jamie was breathing fast, terror filling him.

"Rob... Rob let me go!"

"I know you're cheating on me you little WHORE!"

"I'm not!" Jamie squealed. "I'm not, please stop it, you're scaring me!"

"Oh really? What a shame! I bet you were not scared when you went and shagged whatever guy it was you fucked behind my back!" Rob growled, grabbing at Jamie's longish hair. "You better make it up to me you little tart" he barked, tying Jamie's hands together in spite of the boy's struggling.

"Stop! Stop, I don't know who told you that but it's not true! What are you going to do?! Stop! Stop, I don't want this! Stop, Rob!"

"I'm going to show you why you shouldn't sleep around you slut!"

"Stop! STOP! Rob STOP! You can't do that, let me go!" Jamie screamed, desperately kicking at Rob.

"Sure, I can do that!" Rob spat. "You're my boyfriend, you're mine and nobody will believe you if you pretend I forced you into it, because you're a dirty little compulsive liar" he leaned into Jamie's ear. "And, besides, nobody will ever know about this, since you're going to shut your dirty cumdump of a mouth."

"NO!"

Jamie awoke, sweating, in a panic.

Recurring nightmares. Oh how he hated them.
He clutched the sheets to his size L Skid Row t-shirt, and looked around the room. No traces of Rob or Danny. He sighed, covering his face with the duvet.

The door suddenly opened and Jamie started, fear rising in his belly.

"Jamie?" A soft, feminine voice asked. "It's nurse Emily, I heard some screaming. Are you having your nightmares again?"

Jamie relaxed, relieved.

"Yes" he murmured.

"Which one?"

"The... The first time one."

"Can I come in?"

"Yes."

Jamie felt a little dumb, letting nightmares plague him like he was two, but he knew he needed someone to reassure him or he wouldn't be able to sleep again for a week.

Nurse Emily stepped in, turning the light on.

"Can I come sit with you?"

Jamie nodded, tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear.
She sat at the end on the bed.

"Now, can you tell me what happens in the nightmare?"

"I told you" Jamie murmured. "I just... Live the first time again and again."

"Yes, but maybe it would be time to... Let go and tell someone what exactly happened that time."

Jamie closed his eyes.

"I told the lawyer and I told the court" he let out in a ragged breath.

"Yes, but did you ever tell anyone how that made you feel? The court only wants the crude bare facts, but did you ever tell anyone how you felt?"

"My psychologist wants me to do that... But I don't... I don't feel good telling him about that." Jamie murmured.

"Why? You can change psychologists if you want to."

Jamie rose his head in interest.

"Can I?"

"Yes, yes you can! You're here to get better, Jamie."

Jamie smiled faintly, before letting his head fall into his blanket-covered knees.

"He... I loved him. He didn't know it but I loved him."

"Rob, was that his name?"

"Yeah. He was... Pretty, and cool and funny. Well, he was."

"You're not alone in that case. A lot of people let love blind them." Nurse Emily said.

"I feel stupid for not seeing the signs."

"Do you think there were signs to be seen in the first place?"

Jamie sighed, and nodded.

"He was... possessive, looking back. He always wanted to know who I hung out with. But..."

He breathed out heavily.

"I'm sorry to have bothered you. I'll sleep okay."

"You didn't bother me, Jamie. I'm here to help. You're sure you can sleep now?"

"Yes" Jamie murmured. "Thanks for listening."

The nurse smiled, and after a good-night, she left the room.
Jamie fell back on the bed, and closed his eyes, pulling the duvet up to his chin, hoping to be able to sleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooooh