Status: I'm going to try to post at least once a week.

Fly Away

Seven

After breakfast Cris walked AnnaBeth home, their hands swinging between their bodies with each step they took. The people that milled about the town looked at them aghast. They whispered behind their hands and hurried along.

AnnaBeth sighed and ducked her head with each scathing look. But Cris, he just pulled her closer and wrapped his arm around her waist. He ignored her squirming and hushed her with a kiss to her forehead. He smiled at the blush that took her skin from freshly fallen snow to ripe tomato and they continued on their way. Not worrying about the looks and glares that were sent their way.

The hadn’t made it to AnnaBeth’s house before they heard sirens and saw lights. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared on. It was the middle of the day,her parents didn’t fight during the day. With a shaky breath she took off at a run, Cris trailing behind, mesmerized by her curtain of hair fanning out behind her.

“What’s going on!? Where are my parents?!”

Everyone stopped and gaped at AnnaBeth. They had never heard her speak before and now they couldn’t bring themselves to utter a single word.

“Anna is it?” A police officer came up to her and crouched down to her level.

“AnnaBeth. Where are they?”

“We aren’t sure what exactly happened, but...”

“He killed her didn’t he?”

“AnnaBeth we don’t...”

“I know. It was only a matter of time. Where is he?”

“He’s dead too. We think he felt guilty after...”

“He felt no guilt, no remorse. He was a monster.”

Tears were gathering in her eyes, making her eyelashes sparkle and making her look even more shockingly beautiful. The neighbors couldn’t take their eyes off of her, especially not when Cris came to her side and wrapped her in his arms. His darkness contrasting perfectly with her porcelain features.

“Let’s head back to the meadow, yeah? I’ll get your things and we can go,” he whispered into her ear.

“Who might you be?” The officer asked, shocked that someone was touching AnnaBeth

“I’m her boyfriend.”

“Um...No you aren’t.”

Those words brought a smirk to the officer’s face and a frown to Cris’s. She immediately regretted uttering those words but they were true. She’d just met the guy and already he was claiming her as his. She couldn’t believe it.

“Of course I am...”

“We just met. I know nothing about you. Except that you like tons of syrup on your pancakes, that is.”
“We’ll talk about this later. Let’s get your stuff.”

He grabbed her arm and pulled her into the house. She tried to get away, and she begged him to loosen his grip but all he did was drag her into the house and to the room that was clearly hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm super sorry for the long wait but too make it up to you I posted an extra long chapter :3