Status: My first story. Tell me what ya'll think!

Concrete Angel

Average Day

I woke up to the usual hurried footsteps all throughout the house as Julia and Jeremy attempted to get to work on time. I pushed the blankets over my head and tried to go back to sleep. I was on the verge when I heard a loud knocking on my door.
"Liv, it's time to get up. You have school today, remember?" Julia said.
I rolled my eyes, got up, and went about my routine. I pulled out a shirt and some skinny jeans, my other unmentionables, and headed to the shower. After my shower, I pulled on my clothes, applied my makeup, and brushed my hair. I grabbed my hoodie and bag on my way out.
I stopped before I got to the car, and veered left, walking the scenic route instead so I could waste a little time before going back. It was a beautiful morning. It was quiet, and calm. But isn't it always calm before the storm? I slowed my steps as I reached the school. I wasn't looking forward to yet another day of torment. I wasn't the bubbly cheerleader, I got picked on all the time for my looks, my music taste, my grades, what I liked, for being me. Did they understand that I am that way because of people like them? No. Was I about to tell them? Hell no. *Rule #1- Avoid Confrontation At All Costs.*
I put my hood up and promptly put my headphones in to drown out all of the mean comments made under people's breath about my hair and clothes. Music makes it all better. I made my way through the hall to my locker. I got out my books and headed to class before the bell rang. I put my head on the cool desk top and felt the battle raging inside me again. The sadness tried to claw its way towards the surface tearing at my insides as the music tried to beat it back down to a low ache. I focused on the lyrics..
"Im scared to get close and I hate being alone. I long for that feeling to not feel at all. The higher I get, the lower I sink. I cant drown my demons, they know how to swim...." -Bring Me The Horizon
I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I snapped my head up and looked up. I hadn't realized that class had already started. The teacher looked down at me expectantly. I took a headphone out.
"Sorry," I mumbled. " What did you say?"
I felt my face becoming cherry red as all eyes in the room were on me. I had broken the second rule...*Rule 2-Do not draw attention to yourself*
The teacher let out a dramatic sigh, "I SAID, if you're not going to participate in the class, you need to leave."
I looked up shocked and said, " I hadn't even known class had started. I lost track of time."
The class laughed and so did the teacher as he turned away and said, "maybe it's time to cut the cord from your headphones."
I let out a quiet hesitant laugh and went on with the assignment on the board. Last hour is always gym class. I'm quite a clumsy person. By the end of the day, I had at least 3 new bruises as well as a tally board full of people I had hurt in the process. On the walk home, I took my time to enjoy the cool winter breeze and quiet of the evening.
♠ ♠ ♠
ill add more later. :)