Start of Something Good

Chapter Two

A couple of weeks had passed since Matt arrived back home, and he was starting to get used to being back in Canada. He had already caught up with some of his old friends and they were usually out on the street playing around with their roller skates and hockey sticks, just like old times. Getting back from one of their usual games, Matt stumbled back in the house, sitting down to take off his skates. He then made his way to the kitchen and opened the fridge, scratching the back of his head.

"Matt, sweetie, you should change for dinner." His mom called from the other room.

Matt looked own on his body, "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"We're having people over, please change?"

"Ok…" Matt did what he was told and changed into a clean shirt and a pair of jeans. "What people?"

"Oh, you remember the Skinners? Their son is being drafted this year and I thought it'd be nice if you two could talk a bit. You know, since you know what it's like?"

"Sure…" Matt frowned a little. He barely remembered meeting the kid, but he did remember his name was Jeff, and Matt had seen his name quite a bit lately. He was pretty hyped for the draft, and everyone was talking about him. He was probably just as nervous as Matt had been last year, and if he could help out in any way - he would.

"Good," His mother smiled at him as she started rummaging through the cupboards in search for everything she would need to prepare their meal. "They'll be here at six, so try not to run off somewhere."

"Mom I'm not eight!" Matt shook his head, "I just have to go to the store, but I'll be back in time. I promise."

"You better be, or I'm hunting you down!"

Matt laughed, but he knew very well that she was being serious. Getting into his car, he decided he'd google his coming dinner guest, since he couldn't really remember who he was. He had to be living in the area, or at least Ontario, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for them to be coming to Matt's house. He frowned a little, why were they willing to drive for over two hours just to come over for dinner? Was it that important for Jeff to speak to him? It didn't make much sense. Matt shrugged and put his phone back in his pocket. He'd find out when they got there.

-

"Ok, so what are your news?" Emma finally asked, sitting down on the couch in Isabella's living room. "Did you get a new job? A pet?" She gasped, "A boyfriend?!"

"Calm down!" Isabella laughed. Emma hadn't changed one bit. "It's… Somewhat the last part…" She felt her cheeks starting to flush.

"Are you serious? Tell me everything, who is it?!"

"You don't know him…" Bella looked down, obviously embarrassed. "And he's not my boyfriend… Yet."

"Okay…"

"We've been on a couple of dates and I really like him but I don't know… He plays hockey-"

"Well yeah." Emma filled in, as if it were obvious.

"And he plays for a team an hour away, in Kitchener."

"Hm…" Emma chewed her lip. "So are you… Considering moving there or is he switching teams or something?"

"Oh god, it's way too soon to start thinking about that but uh… He's getting drafted this summer."

"Woah, so he's really good, then! Come on, now you have to tell me his name, I have to google him."

"No!" Bella laughed. "Not yet, I… I'm seeing him again tomorrow… And I don't know if I want to let myself fall more for him because, you know…"

"He might end up on a team across the country.. Or in the States…"

"Yeah… And the Leafs don't even have a first round pick anymore because they traded it to the Bruins…"

Emma smirked, "Someone's been catching up on the draft news! But hey, if he comes to the Avs, you can just move in with me."

"Yeah, fingers crossed." Bella looked upset.

"Hey…" Emma touched her arm. "Don't be sad, if he likes you he'll make it work. Ok?"

"I guess you're right… And why dwell on it already, right?"

"Exactly. Now where do you keep your popcorn? I feel like we need a movie night."
♠ ♠ ♠
Heeeey guys. I'm glad I have subscribers already, I really appreciate it! I'm sorry this is not very long (or good.....) but I'm trying my best here so bear with me!