Status: :)

Forever

I have so much to say but you're so far away

That afternoon, Annie sat pensively on the balcony of her house, staring up at the overcast sky. A cool breeze blew strands of her hair. Annie sighed as the sky grew darker with each passing minute. Shortly thereafter, it began to rain. The “So Far Away” song playing softly from her music player along with the rain getting heavier. It only made her feel more and more erratic. Her mind drifted back to three and a half years ago. She recalled it was raining too, when she found out that Jimmy passed away. Jimmy was the only person who made her proud to be herself. No, she wouldn’t say that he had saved her life, because he didn’t. But she would say that Jimmy gave her hope. He made her feel like she wasn’t alone in this cruel world. He was the reason Annie started playing an instrument again. He was the reason why Annie wanted to learn how to play drums (but her parents never let her learn to play drums). Jimmy had taught her a lot of things.

Three years ago, she was surfing the internet and was listening to music from her laptop when her eyes landed on an article, which could have made her stop breathing for a few minutes. Her face became pale as she read the article. Annie bit her bottom lip, trying to hold back her tears. But the tears streamed down her cheeks anyway. She did not want to believe what she had just read. She convinced herself that the article was just a mere joke. She clicked on a search engine and typed in his name there. And the article was not just a joke, it was true. Jimmy was dead. Her hero was now gone. She hugged her knees to her chest and she began to sob uncontrollably. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs. She wanted to curse God. Why was God so unfair? Why did God take him away so soon? There were so many questions going through her mind, which of course no one could answer it.

Tears trickled down her cheeks as she remembered it. News of his death was like her worst nightmare. Annie still felt like there was a hole in her heart, she felt like a piece of her was missing. Although she didn’t really know Jimmy, she felt like she had known him well. He was like a best friend she never had before. He was always there for her. He wasn’t literally there for her, because he didn’t even know her. But at least his music was always there for her, when no one else was.

A part of her had died. Her heart was shattered into a gazillion pieces to the fact that he would never come back again. The tears were running down her cheeks like a waterfall when her music player playing “Fiction”. Fiction was his final song. He made the song a few days before his death. She hugged her knees to her chest and her sobs grew louder and more intense, her body was shaking, when he started singing.

There were so many things she wanted to do before she died, and one of her bucket list was that she wanted to meet Jimmy. She wanted to hug and thank him. But she knew that she would never get to meet him now. She once had a chance to meet him before. Her friend had invited her to meet him, but her parents did not allow her to go with her friend and she did not really know much about Jimmy at that time. But now she regretted that she had missed the chance. If only she forced herself to come with her friend, she might have met Jimmy.

Annie never thought she would really miss someone she had never met before. Suddenly she remembered what her best friend told her; “you have to stop crying every time you remember Jimmy. You could be depressed if you keep doing that. He might have died, but his memories will always remain in our hearts.” Novian was always said that to her every time she started to cry when she remembered about Jimmy. Annie and Novian could be friends because they liked the same type of music. She lifted her head up and wiped away her tears with her fingers. The rain had stopped. She looked up; the sky is blue, as blue as his eyes. “Novian was right,” she thought to herself. Even though Jimmy had gone, his memories will always remain in our hearts, and he will never be forgotten. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first story I post here. I know this story is not that good. It's actually written for my basic grammar task, and I liked this story. So I thought to post it here. I would be very glad if you leave a comment here. I apologized if you find some grammatical errors in my story.