You Look Better When I'm Drunk

"...Is this romance or is it the juice?..."

Jenna and I wasted no time once we hit Snow's bar. It was loud, it was dark, and the booze flowed freely. I thought I remembered Snow greeting us when we got there, but things were a little hazy. It was during the haze that Jenna grabbed my arm, looked me straight in the eye, and yelled, "I need to dance. Kate...I need...to dance. Now." And that's how, after drinking for three and a half hours straight, we ended up wandering around looking for a club.

A guy sitting at the bar had given us a name, but couldn't remember the directions. I typed out the name the best I could into the maps app on my phone. "Starting route to–"

"TALLY HOOOOOO!" Jenna giggled at herself, threw her arm around my shoulders, and started dragging me in the direction of the GPS. Lights spun around us, but I tried to focus on one point ahead just long enough to stumble forward. I stopped and shook my head. "This is fucking useless Jenna. We're never gonna get there. Ever. Cab?"

Leave it to Jenna to spin around and throw her arm up in the air and actually get a cab on the first try. We climbed into the car and Jenna slurred out the name of the club that I had already forgotten while I tried to remember how seat belts worked. I knew you clipped in one piece to the other, but I just couldn't make it work. Jenna looked over and shook her head. "It's a really good thing," she started, still slurring a bit as she grabbed the clip end of my seatbelt, "that you're not...that you're not a guy. You'd be such a shitty guy. Drunk sex would suck with you 'cause you could never get it...in. Nope." My seatbelt snapped into place and we were riding through L.A.

"I hope this place doesn't suck," I said, looking out the window. A guy was puking on the corner. "Keep...it classy, L.A."

"To be...fair. We're not ex...actly hot...right now," Jenna slurred. "Actually...fuck that, we're always hot." Jenna had a point. We hadn't changed before we went to Snow's, just fixed and added to our makeup in the car. Jenna was still wearing her doctored up Kings shirt. All she'd changed was tying it up a little higher. Her legs were still shooting out of short white shorts and she'd traded out her sandals for a pair of sexy silver heels she'd had in her car. On my end, I'd kept the black sleeveless button up and silver tank top, but I'd tied the button up right under my chest. I wore the same white shorts as Jenna.

Basically, we were on the prowl.

The cab stopped outside of a colorfully lit building and I rubbed my hands together. "This looks PERFECT!" I squealed to Jenna. We paid the driver, climbed out of the cab, and looked at each other. "I am beyond ready to jump every hottie in there," I said.

Jenna just shook her head. "There better be plenty because I want one, too. Or six. Whatever." We laughed and walked up to the door, trying to hide the fact that we were already a few past gone. We'd been turned away from clubs before for being trashed prior to entry and hell if we were going to let that stop us tonight. The line was at least 30 people long. We'd have to be sobered up a little by the time we got to the front. The bouncer was taking his sweet time with the IDs. It also looked like he was really giving everyone the once over. More than one girl got sent packing for wearing too much clothing. Guys were kicked out of line for looking any less than a D-list actor.

"Good thing we fixed our clothes," Jenna laughed, digging her elbow into my side. I nodded, hoping that if I focused on one spot on the wall behind the bouncer I wouldn't sway. The last shot of vodka was hitting my system.

One by one, the line shortened. Five or six people argued about the validity of their IDs. Another four - or maybe seven - argued about their clothes. We were getting closer and closer to the front of the line. Jenna was gabbing on about something, but I wasn't really paying attention. I was just trying to sober up enough to not look plastered to the bouncer. "What the hell is that dress?" Jenna asked, obviously disgusted. "Could you look any more like a six-year-old? I mean REALLY." "Wow, did you see that ass? Damn, he could get it." "Okay, if she got in there's no way we won't. Did you see that skirt? Yikes."

Finally, it was our turn. I looked the bouncer straight in the eye and smiled. He gave both of us the once over, obviously checking our clothes. He gave us a nod and a half of a smile. "IDs?" I pulled mine out of my back pocket. Jenna pulled hers out of her bra. He pulled out his flashlight and shined it on the pieces of plastic. He checked everything. Every edge, every bit of print, pictures, the whole nine yards. I felt him staring into my soul, making sure the card was mine before he did the same to Jenna. Once he'd gone through all of his checks, he handed them back. "Head on in. Cover's at the counter."

Jenna and I high-fived and walked through the door. Inside, the lights flashed and the music was pounding. A couple was making out in an alcove that said "coat checks." This guy hadn't steered us wrong. We paid our cover - not bad considering - and found the closest bar. "Come on!" Jenna yelled, grabbing my hand and dragging me onto the dance floor, drink in hand. My Long Island was definitely a little heavy-handed and I could more than deal with that. We started dancing, music pounding out from all sides. It wasn't long before the typical "I'm gonna just slide on in here" dancing started behind us. We turned to see who it was. If they weren't bad, we usually just went with it.

These guys were definitely not bad. Especially not when I was as drunk as I was. The one up on Jenna was tall and built with dark hair. The one behind me was built pretty much the same way - like a brick shithouse. Blonde hair, gorgeous eyes, gorgeous everything. I could definitely get used to L.A.

I reciprocated the dancing, grinding along with the stranger. He wrapped one arm around my waist, the other hand holding his drink and moved even closer. My heart - and my head - were pounding along with the music the closer he got. He bent down, hot breath on my ear and said, "What're you drinking?" I turned my head enough to reach the ear he'd titled towards me and answered, "Long Island. As strong as they'll make it." He laughed, took my cup, and said, "I'll be right back," before disappearing towards the bar. I looked over at Jenna, who had turned to face her partner and had a stranger's hand in each back pocket. I laughed and swayed my hips along with the music, glad we'd found this place. Not too trashy, definitely not dirty, and plenty of eye candy.

My dance partner returned with my drink a minute later. He saw his friend up on my friend and grabbed my hand, pulling me close and said, "My friend and I got a VIP balcony. You and your friend want to come?" I hadn't even noticed the balconies above the dance floor. They looked fantastic. He smiled. "Cushy seats, personal bar, and none of the extra distractions. What do you say?"

I looked over at Jenna and waved her down. She pulled her hot stranger along for the ride and yelled, "What's up?" I pointed up towards the balconies. "Want to go upstairs?"

I thought Jenna's eyes were going to burst out of her head. "Is that even a question?" she yelled back. The guys led us towards the stairs, giving the bouncer at the bottom a nod before leading us towards the private boxes. Upstairs was just as loud but much less crowded. The VIP balconies were unlike anything I'd ever seen. There were cushy ottomans and chairs placed around glass tables. Lights were strung up around beams in the ceiling. The centerpieces of the whole thing were a big, leather sectional and - just like he'd said - a private bar.

"This. Is. Fucking. Incredible," Jenna yelled. The guys seemed pleased with the evaluation. Blondie turned to look at me. "How about you, gorgeous. What do you think?"

I gave him a smirk. "I think I have good taste in new friends." He was gorgeous. He was just tanned enough, and I could tell that under that button up shirt were some muscles to die for. I imaged myself undoing a few of the buttons, just to see the sights. I felt like I had seen him before, but there were so many people in the city that he probably just looked like someone else. I took every single inch of him in. His jeans hugged his legs perfectly, leaving enough to the imagination, but giving enough to drool over. He'd rolled up his sleeves to show off perfectly sculpted forearms that made me wonder just what was under the rest of his shirt. Maybe it was the copious amount of booze I'd consumed, but I was more than prepared to agree if he asked me to meet him in the bathroom.

Jenna's new friend motioned for the couch while his mouth moved. I couldn't hear him over the music, but I assumed he said something about sitting down. We all found a seat and much to my pleasure, blondie's arm found it's way around my shoulders. I was getting a little tired, and I was well past a little tipsy, so I leaned into him, my head finding his shoulder. I heard him let out a low purr and he said, just loud enough for me to actually hear him, "I could definitely get used to this."

The music was too loud for a group conversation. Jenna and her–I guess–date yelled to be heard, but this guy took a different approach.

"What's your name?" he asked in my ear. He breath smelled like mint and rum.

I tilted my head up to respond. "Katie," I said into his ear, pulling back to flash him an inebriated smile.

He returned it with one of his own. "That's a really pretty name," he purred back. "Which is perfect since you're fucking gorgeous." He was doling out the charm and I was eating it right up with no shame. His teeth were almost too perfect, I noticed, but they worked for him.

"You're pretty easy on the eyes yourself," I said, definitely flirting. Drunk flirting. 'Easy on the eyes.' I could have removed my own eyes with a rusted spoon for that. I needed to get back on the ball. "You never told me your name," I continued.

He leaned in, his mouth brushing my ear. "I'm Jeff," he said, as low as he could so I could still hear. The hand on my shoulder played with a tendril of hair. "Why don't we go somewhere quieter?" Considering my entire body was now covered in goosebumps, I was more than eager to get out of the club. I nodded and fished my keyring out of my pocket. I had the lanyard rolled up with both of my apartment keys dangling. I was about to give Jenna one of the keys, but I didn't want to leave her with a complete stranger. I wasn't quite that drunk.

I held up the lanyard as Jeff and I stood up and motioned towards the door. Jenna nodded, she and her date stood up, and Jenna finished her vodka in a single gulp. Jeff pulled out his wallet and slid the bartender some cash on our way towards the door. The bartender definitely said something, but there was no hearing it. Jeff took my hand once we hit the bottom of the stairs and I swear we all but ran to the door.

Outside, my ears were ringing. The "silence" of the city in comparison to the noise of the club was almost deafening. My head was pounding, but all I could see was Jeff. The next fifteen minutes were a whirlwind of cab rides, an elevator, random chatter, and struggling to get my key into the lock. Once we were inside and the door was locked again, Jeff and his friend looked around and nodded.

"Nice place," said Jeff's friend.

"Not bad at all," said Jeff, looking at me instead of the apartment in front of him. I blushed and gave him a wicked smile.

"I have a bottle of wine," I said, making my way towards the counter it was sitting on. "Should we crack it open?"

I wasn't prepared for what Jenna said next. "I might crash any second. When did I get old?" The brunette nodded his agreement. "I hear that. I might fall asleep in the cab." Jenna shook her head quickly before I could even say anything. "Just fall asleep here. It's late and we're drunk."

I nodded. "Jenna's right. We're drunk."

Jeff wrapped his arm around my waist and I fought to not lean into him like some lovesick puppy. "Well then we should stay and make sure you don't choke on your own puke." I shook my head. The thought alone turned my stomach. "Ew, that's gross. Don't let that happen."

"Yeah, we're too young to die," Jenna whined, flopping on to the couch. "You can sleep out here with me, Jack. It's comfy."

"It's so comfy that she forgot it pulls into a bed last night," I joked. Jenna's jaw hit the floor.

"Oh my God. It does, doesn't it?" she dropped onto her knees. "Thank you, sweet baby Jesus."

Jeff pouted. "Where am I gonna sleep then?" he whined. 'Oh like you don't already know exactly what my plan was,' I thought, every nerve in my body a live wire. I had a whole set of plans for him.

"My bed folds out, too," I said, a coy smile on my face.

Jeff nodded to Jenna and Jack. "Well, goodnight. Don't die." He grabbed my hand and motioned towards the door to my room. "Lead the way, gorgeous."

It took every ounce of my self control not to run. "Night, all!" I called, somehow already at my bedroom door, Jeff on my toes. I opened the door, let us both in, and before I knew what was happening, Jeff had closed the door and pressed his lips to mine.

I would be a goddamned liar if I said I hadn't been imagining that moment since he started grinding on me at the club. I wrapped my arms around him and pushed myself onto my tiptoes to kiss him back, closing down all space between us. He was completely solid. I wanted to pat myself on the back for managing to bring home a pretty one.

His hands moved up and down my back, one tangling into my hair. I slid my tongue out of my own mouth to explore his and he let me right in. The hand that wasn't in my hair was on the small of my back, pulling me into him. He pulled back only an inch, his breathing completely ragged. "I wasn't kidding when I said that you're gorgeous."

I gave him a sly smile and said, "Neither was I."

That was all the notice he needed. His mouth came back down on mine and he scooped me up, my legs straddling him as he walked me over to set me down on my bed. "How do I get this thing open?" he asked, desperate. I pointed out the mechanism and he pulled the pins before pulling out the bed with me still on it. He barely let himself lock the bed before he was sitting next to me and we were kissing again. I had both hands on either side of his head, playing with his hair. He had one hand on the side of my face, the other around my waist.

Our tongues explored each other's mouths before he started kissing my cheek, trailing kisses along my jaw to my ear. He gave a quick nibble on my earlobe before he moved his lips to my neck. Every part of my body was on fire. He sucked and nipped at my neck and I let out a low moan as I turned my face toward the ceiling. This guy was a god among men. I let my hands wander down his arms, taking in the ropey muscles, before sliding them back up his chest and sliding into his lap. I started fumbling with his shirt and it was his turn to moan.

"You're beautiful," he whispered. "So beautiful."

All I let out in response was an "Mmmm," as I got his shirt open and got a good look at him. This guy was even more built than I had expected. We started an unspoken game of taking turns. Jeff untied my black shirt, slid it down my arms, and then slid his big hands up my sides to pull my tank top over my head. I started to fumble with my bra, but he shook his head. Instead, he slowly ran his heads up my bare midriff and over the cups of my bra, breath catching in his throat. He slid his hands around the band, to the back, and unlatched my bra one hook at a time. Reaching his hands onto my shoulders, he slid the straps down my arms revealing the breasts underneath.

I sighed and tilted my head up, more than ready for what was coming. Slowly, Jeff tiled me back onto my back, kissing me as we laid down. He moved down my body from my lips, to my jaw, to my neck, to my chest, to my stomach. The lower he went, the harder it was to breathe. He fumbled with the button of my shirts for a second before he wiggled my shorts and panties off in one fell swoop, done with waiting. Before I could exercise my right to take off his jeans, he was unbuttoning and unzipping, pulling them off. He grabbed my legs and slid me down the bed just far enough that he could kneel on the floor and still reach me.

First fingers, rubbing and moving in ways I'd never thought possible. I pushed my head into the mattress, trying to stifle my moaning. Then, without warning, tongue. My back arched. How was he so good at this? He knew every button, every little detail. Before things went past the point of no return, I grabbed the hands that were digging into my hips and pulled him onto the bed.

"Your turn," I whispered, flipping him over and starting my own trail, exploring every inch of his body. I ran my hands over muscle, over his powerful legs, and, finally, over the bulge in his pants. He moaned, a deep, guttural moan. I ran my hand over the bulge, around the bulge, toying with him. Finally, I started a line of kisses on the little trail of hair leading right into his underwear. I paused at the elastic of his boxer briefs and grabbed them with my teeth causing him to let out a gentle, "Fucking hell, Katie. Jesus. You're driving me crazy."

"Join the club," I responded before pulling the fabric away and letting out a little gasp. Not what I had expected, but definitely not bad at all. Before I could do anything else, he grabbed me, flipped me over, and positioned himself.

"Fuck," he mumbled, leaning over the bed and fumbling with fabric on the floor before I heard the crinkling of a wrapper. After a few seconds of maneuvering, he found himself back on top of me before I let out a gasp.

I had never felt so good.

--

I burrowed my face into his chest, exhausted, out of breath, and sweaty. He had been amazing. More than amazing. And now he was almost sleeping.

"You're perfect," he murmured, tracing light, lazy circles on my shoulder with his fingertips. "So ungodly perfect. You can't be real."

All I managed to whisper before I fell asleep was a light, "Mmmmmm. You, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Talk about a hiatus. I'm sorry, guys. Adult life is pretty stupid and I just haven't been inspired. So here you go! Have a present!