‹ Prequel: Lucario Love

Death of Giovanni

Chapter 4

The group woke up early the next morning. Ash had gotten up out of the bed, trying not to bother Sarah too much and went to get Lucario from the next room. Lucario woke up to Ash’s gentle shoves and they both took a shower. Then, the couple got out and dried off, amidst the clamor that was the rest of the house waking up. James had the cooks prepare a delicious breakfast for the group and they got ready to leave.

Sarah woke up amidst this clamor and saw that Ash was already awake. Getting up to join her crush, she spotted Ash and Lucario kissing as they took a shower, and she immediately became jealous of Lucario. She went in and took a shower to drown out her feelings of loss, then joined the rest of the house at breakfast. Ash noticed her behavior and asked, “Hey… What’s wrong, Sarah?”

“I’m fine,” She lied sadly, “I’m just thinking about the other Mewtwos…”

“Oh…” Ash said, knowing that there was something wrong but not pursuing the subject, “We’ll get them free. I promise.”

“Lucario, can you pass the sugar?” James asked the jackal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They finished off breakfast, and then they headed to the limousine the James had waiting outside. They climbed in and they were off to James’ private jet.

“I’ll have the pilot let you off at Clarity in Johto,” James said from his seat next to Jesse, “You’ll have to find your own way to the island itself though. Other than that, there’s not much else I can do. I’ll see if I can’t get a satellite to keep an eye on things for you.”

“Thanks James,” Ash said as they pulled into the airport, “I owe you one!”

“It’s not a problem at all, Ash, just don’t sic your Pikachu on me anymore and we’ll call it even, ‘kay?”

“Deal,” Ash said as he shook James’ hand.

They climbed out of the limo and walked to James’ jet. The pilot was already there and in the cockpit, waiting for the signal from air traffic control to lift off. They got the signal, and the pilot told everyone to buckle into their seats and prepare for take off. Sarah had a little bit of trouble getting into the seat, seeing as her tail kept getting in the way. Ash and Lucario laughed uproariously as Jesse helped Sarah into her seat. After that was done, she went over to Ash and Lucario and slapped the pair saying, “It’s not funny!! How would you like it if you were laughed at like that?!”

“OUCH!!” Ash yelled at the slap. He looked up at Jesse and said, “Yeah… I guess we’d better apologize…”

Lucario rubbed his muzzle and said, “Yeah…”

Sarah looked like she was about to cry when the pilot took off the stay seated light and Ash went to her with Lucario. She watched apprehensively as they walked to her and said, “Sorry… for laughing at you. We didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.”

Sarah looked at the two, bewildered. No one had ever apologized to her before. She didn’t know how to handle it, so she just nodded and said, “I suppose it’s alright…”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After that first little incident, there were no more problems, except for a little bit of turbulence. Sarah jumped out of her seat and curled up next to Ash while Lucario glared at her from his other side. Ash shrugged at Lucario when he saw his lover’s look and said, “She needs a bit of comfort, that’s all…”

They landed in Clarity and went to the closest Pokemon Center to get their Pokemon some treatment. After the Pokemon center, they followed the road out of town and started to climb the mountain.
“Man!! I don’t remember this thing being so big the last time I was here!” Ash complained loudly.

“Oh stop your complaining, Ash, it’s not like you don’t need the exercise,” Jesse said.

“Yeah… we can use the strength we get from this in bed,” Lucario said with a mischievous look in his eye.
Ash blushed at that and replied, “Not here…”
Jesse and Sarah laughed at the two love birds and continued climbing towards the top.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They eventually made it to the top and then the four of them collapsed at the edge of the large basin where Lake Clarity was nestled. Ash looked up and saw the familiar island in the middle of the lake. “I wonder if he remembers me,” Ash thought to himself.

“We won’t know until we find out…” Lucario said through his and Ash’s mental link, “But we still need to look and see if he’s even here.”

“We’d better get going… Mewtwo’s cloned Pokemon are kind of vicious…” Ash said out loud.

“Well, we’d better get across that lake then,” Jesse said as she pulled out a Pokeball. Jesse got up and walked over to the edge of the lake and tossed the ball saying, “Aqua! Go!” The ball opened in midair and a large turtle like Pokemon materialized in the water before them.

“Blastoise!” the Pokemon said happily as he saw Jesse.

“Aqua, it’s good to see you again too buddy!” Jesse squealed in delight as she ran to Aqua and hugged him.

“When did you get a Blastoise, Jesse?” Ash asked, “I hope you didn’t steal it…”

“Oh god no! I’ve had Aqua since he was a Squirtle, isn’t that right buddy?” Jesse answered.

“Oh let’s cut the formalities, Jesse, we have a job to do,” Sarah said impatiently.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After they had all met Aqua, they climbed on his back and they set off across the lake. They made it to the island and Jesse let Aqua swim about.
“Just don’t go too far, kay, buddy? We might need to make a quick escape,” Jesse said to the Blastoise.

Ash lead the way into the caves on the island. They didn’t find anything too interesting until they came upon a serene little area inside one of the caves. It was a small pool of standing water that was surrounded by plant life.

“I remember this place…” Ash said to himself. He walked forward to the water and looked into the pool. He thought he saw a small pink shape flow through the water and did a double take. He looked closer and saw only his reflection and something else floating above his head as well. He looked up and saw Mewtwo floating above the pool. Mewtwo spoke to everyone in the cave through telepathy, asking, “Why have you returned to Mount Quena?”