With Love, From Italy

Six

The next day it was difficult for Leigh to drag herself out of bed, despite sticking to her plan and returning to the villas only mildly intoxicated. It was more due to the fact that she only received four hours sleep before Belle was standing above her. Hauling herself away from the mattress she looked up bleary-eyed, finding the brunette standing before her in a swimsuit, large brimmed hat, and a dark pair of sunglasses.

“Leigh, everyone’s already heading down to the beach. Hurry up and move your ass!” she chided and Leigh shrugged her off, grabbing her own swimmers and moving to the bathroom. Fifteen minutes later she re-emerged, and swinging her bag over her shoulder indicated to Belle that she was ready to go. “Honestly, here I am with the hangover from Hell and you’re the one that can’t be raised.”

“I happen to value sleep highly,” Leigh retorted as they made their way out of the villas and into the streets of Levanto. Aside from feeling incredibly sleep deprived the redhead was doing well, not a headache in sight thanks to her control and consumption of at least three glasses of water before bed. She couldn’t help but chuckle at Belle who let out a hiss as soon as the sunlight hit them.

“You can’t laugh at me when you made us late.”

“I can laugh at you all I want; though I have to say you seem quite the expert at powering through a hangover,” Leigh nodded, already able to see the beach as they turned the corner. “Besides, do you really want to be out on a boat with nothing in your stomach?”

“Don’t bring logic into this, okay?” Belle frowned, lightening considerably a moment later and nudging the girl gently. “You really rocked it last night kiddo. You also greatly impressed Cecil and Tom.”

Growing embarrassed once more as she thought of the previous night, Leigh mumbled something unintelligible and pushed her friend to move faster. The girl simply laughed, wincing slightly with the pain it caused and Leigh was secretly triumphant with the fact. They didn’t make it much further before Belle started talking again though, the question she produced throwing the redhead off completely.

“Was that reaction due to general embarrassment, or because you impressed my cousin?”

“What?”

“Oh come on Leigh, I’m well aware of the affect Tom has on the female population.”

“Who’s to say I’m not one of those people who find him unattractive?” Leigh posed, folding her arms across her chest and wishing they were on the beach already.

“Because I know you own the Avengers and War Horse.”

“They’re good films.”

“And you’re getting defensive,” Belle pointed out, an eyebrow raised behind her glasses and Leigh grumbled. She tried to explain that yes Tom was a very attractive specimen, but his acting was of far more interest to her; not to mention she wasn’t a huge fan by any means. Belle seemed to brush it all off though, as they descended the stairs to the beach she caught Leigh by the arm and informed that she was only teasing.

Slipping her shoes off as she stepped onto the sand, Leigh collected them in one hand and squinted against the sun as she scanned the area. Her attention was caught by a waving arm and pointing it out to Belle the pair made their way towards it. As they grew close Caleb dropped his arm and picked himself up, smirking at them both.

“So the sleeping beauties arise. I’ve been lumped with getting food for us so one of you should come and help me,” he said, looking straight at Leigh and she raised an eyebrow at him before dumping her bag under the umbrella.

“If it means I get food into me thirty seconds earlier than everyone else I guess I will,” Belle volunteered, placing her belongings down as Leigh cheerily stated that she would mind their spot. She watched the siblings disappear back off the beach before settling herself down under the shade. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes, simply taking in the warmth and familiar salty smell of the sea.

“Don’t tell me you’re attempting to go back to sleep darling,” a voice interrupted her relaxation and she opened her eyes to find Tom standing above her. She was glad that her sunglasses were reflective as she automatically ran her eyes over his bare top half.

“That’d be far too easy, no one would let me. Nah, I’m simply taking in the ambience,” she replied, propping herself up a little as he took a seat beside her.

“I also hope you realize that you’re not allowed to spend the day lazing around here under the umbrella. The others have already grabbed a motorboat and attempted a trip to a nearby cove to fish the day away. I thought the four of us left could follow suit, sans fishing, or perhaps hire one of the pedaloes,” he informed and she let out a groan, attempting to pull her hat down over her face. Tom’s infamous laughter filled her ears with the reactions and the beach flew back into view as he tugged the article back up.

“No pedaloes, that’s way too much effort for four hours sleep,” she said, holding a finger up and he pretended to be greatly disappointed, his acting skills shining through and almost convincing her despite knowing that he was joking. “Speaking of, how did you pull up after last night? I distinctly remember you trying to tap dance home.”

“That would explain the sore feet; though my head is far worse. You seem spritely however.”

“I know better than to get horrifically drunk before a day at the beach. I’m fine apart from the sleep deprivation,” she replied, smiling at him sweetly and he muttered a curse in her direction. “I hope any fans will still be graced with your affections.”

“Ah, so she gives herself away. Does this mean the ‘I love Tom’ shirt will make an appearance now?” he winked and she looked at him, taken aback. His amusement faded slightly with her shock and he again reached up to tug at her hat. “I only jest darling, I apologise. Annabelle mentioned you knew who I was but said she trusted you thoroughly.”

“That’s what you think, in truth I’m just waiting for the most embarrassing moment possible so I can sell the photos. I’m all about the get rich quick schemes see,” she said, following along now that she had gotten over her initial shock. He immediately reached up to join his hands together, his head tilting to the sky.

“Dear Lord, please don’t let me act like a complete tit on this trip,” he prayed and she snorted, automatically reaching over to whack him on the arm.

“Well, well, what’s going on here?” Caleb’s voice interrupted and the pair looked up to find the boy and his sister returning with take away cartons and cups in their hands. “Is a lovely lady beating up my favourite cousin?”

“This lovely lady is mocking my prayers not to embarrass myself completely when there are cameras around,” Tom answered, thanking the siblings as one of the cartons and drinks was handed to him. Leigh took another, the scent of coffee hitting her and she began salivating.

“Ahh, the sweet nectar of life,” she breathed as she immediately took a sip. The look on Tom’s face seemed to say he had found his brethren and she grinned at him before opening the carton. Inside was a typical Italian breakfast of a colazione and fette biscottate and she immediately picked up the latter, sinking her teeth into it. The four devoured their breakfast in silence, allowing it to settle and the coffee to pep them up before they considered moving.

“Well, apparently the pedaloes have been ruled out for today so how about we head over to the rental shack and hire ourselves a motorboat?” Tom suggested finally, rising to his feet and with small mutterings the others agreed, collecting their belongings and beginning to move.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realised that up until I haven't shared a visual of Leigh, I'm sure everyone's gained their own vision of her, but this is the image I based her off. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Red_Dragon15/Leigh_zps673fc0ad.jpg