Love Is in the Tardis

Chapter One

The Doctor was worried again. He’d blown up another universe and was close to tears. Derpy whooves trotted over to comfort him.
“All those people, Derpy. Gone, because of me” he wept, holding his face in his hooves.
The concerned grey mare sat down beside him and put a front leg around his shoulder.
“Don’t blame yourself Doctor! It’s not your fault”
The Doctor looked up at Derpy with his soft blue eyes. They were wide and bloodshot.
“But what if I could have prevented it? What if all those people might have survived if it wasn’t for me and my STUPID PLAN?!”
The Doctor bashed his hooves on the floor and fell, lying on the floor and sobbing desperately.
Derpy sighed and brushed his dishevelled brown mane from his eyes.
“Hush now, your plan wasn’t stupid! Just think of all the other universes you saved. You’re a hero”
The Doctor looked up to see Derpy smiling down at him. He blushed and looked away.
“Y..you really think so?” he asked, choking back tears.
“I know so”

That night, when all was quiet, there was suddenly and loud gasping noise.
Derpy, startled, woke up and darted upright in her bed. The noises continued until she could make out what it was. It was a throaty, whiney sob coming from the Tardis’s kitchen. She crept out of bed and bolted to the kitchen.
There, hunched over on the floor and surrounded by stick after stick of butter, was the Doctor. He had sticky yellow butter around his mouth and was sobbing as he unwrapped another stick.
“Oh Doctor...”
He quickly raised his head to see a concerned and messy maned Derpy whooves walking towards him. She stood over him and stroked his back as he stuck more butter in his mouth.
“I...I just don’t know what went wrong!” he wept, mushy butter falling from his mouth and onto the floor. Derpy sighed and went to the kitchen cupboards to get a cloth. She wiped the Doctor’s face of all the butter and then proceeded to mop the floor.
“Now now Doctor, none of what happened was your fault. It was no one’s fault. It happened and there’s nothing anyone can do”, she wiped his eyes gently with a hoof, “so cheer up”.
“Derpy, I... don’t know what I’d do without you” the Doctor sighed as he looked into his companions bright, sparkling eyes.
She tried to look straight back but her bad eye had other ideas. She tried desperately to straighten it out but to her dismay, her eye just wouldn’t listen.
The Doctor saw her eye wobbling and stifled a giggle. Derpy stopped struggling and laughed along until they were both in tears on the floor. Tears of joy this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!