Take it Off

Modest

You want me to be the same, want me to expose myself to the world. Pull off this piece of cloth that gives me peace. No.

I won't have any of it.

Not from you.

For lack of fluffy terms, you here are a hypocrite.

Sure, it's easy to do the action, for everyone around you they'll walk naked if you prompt them. But me, no.

Do you think I'm so easy, that I want to be known for my skin. You think I don't know, that true beauty lies within?

Everyone is human, they have a body and their own traits, but some things should remain hidden.

Hidden.

Not lost without a trace.

I can see those skeletal models, they are bare for the world to see. Sure that's just great, their whole life's task is to be eye candy.

Really? Who wants that, we work so hard. Every one of us strives we don't want to be charred.

Why do we have so many eating disorders in rich homes when we have more food than we need, and the other half of the world is starving and hungry?

Look at the child stars, they are confused and addicted. No one sees the trend because their broken lives are too entertaining.

Let them live, don't give all that power and attention to one kid. Your own is sitting there waiting for some care.

Who are you to tell me that my hijab is strange?

What I find strange is that the ladies here bare their butts to any man. They want to show off, want dirty eyes on them. Waiting for a sweetheart, that could win them with their clothes on.

Their clothes horrify me, I want to close my eyes. I fear that they don't know their own beauty so they remain over exposed. What I don't understand is the justification of it all. That women can wear what they want and they should show their stuff if they got it. What does that even mean? Everyone's got it. Who are you showing your stuff too? Way more than a husband. Way more than one man. If they can wear what they want, why do my eyes have to suffer. I'm not saying this out of hate, I understand the concept of summer. I want to really know why clothes I and the rest of my elementary school found inappropriate must be absolutely defended and demanded to be seen.

I have the right to my own eyes. I don't want to see your every imperfection. I want to know who you are, not decide my friendships on waist exposure.

If I can't say to them that I'm offended by their dress, then don't come to me yelling that I'm oppressed. That I offend you. Why do my clothes offend you? Is my body that appealing that you can't accept me otherwise? Call me a victim, call me crazy, tell me terrorist lies, but no matter what you can't make the truth from lies.

If we wore what we wanted, we would wear loose and cool so that we are comfortable as we go to work and school. Rather than tight jean shorts that glue us to our seats when it gets hot. Just look up the recommended clothing for hot days and smog warnings.

And don't tell me that I'm wrong, that I have no basis saying this, there must be a reason that the U.S. has the highest mental illnesses. It's where media comes from, it tells us how to dress, ever heard of multi-billion dollar business? It's individualism and it hurts, because being alone is depressing.

I guess this story is about my sadness and my lack of understanding at people who express hate to me, when I haven't even done anything.There's anger here, and that's where it will stay, on these letters that change perspectives as I learn and read the news.

It's about how I just don't understand why no one accepts difference when we are all multicultural. We are more similar than different. We probably went to the same types of universities as well.

Like why do some people want me to accept them as the default, while I'm special and need to be reprogrammed?

Maybe I'm default? Maybe there's some truth here. Maybe it's okay to talk about belief aloud a little bit without cussing each other out. Maybe there's a platform. Maybe we can make space. Maybe we can mature as a human race and make it easier for us all to join together and have peace.

Peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ramblings, and thoughts, anyone want to share some of their thoughts?