Take it Off

Modern

So here we are, another thought you've sprung into my mind.

"Modern Muslim."

Now what do you mean?

Does that mean that we are supposed to change as the times? When the times are defined by whoever catches our eyes. Catches our attention. Tells us what to shun.

Are we advancing by ourselves that we leave what our religion is based on and make up whatever we like as we go on? Creating sects of our religion, leaving people beaten, confused and hurt and now somehow understanding who we are? When this only hurts people, takes away trust from the truth we were told. That shows we are not going on the straight path, but a side road.

Or do you mean that as times change we have to understand what is going on around us, and those trials and issues are tests for us that are different from those that people of the past faced?

Because that, I understand.

The other things of changing my religion, the basic beliefs, that just doesn't sound right. I still want to be modest. I still want to believe in God. I don't want anyone to get hurt. I want people to live in peace. I want to pray. I want to be happy. I want to enjoy life. I want to make cool projects. I want to get high marks. I want to go to heaven.

Understanding our present sounds fine, of course, we now have to find careers and think of business ideas that never existed. We have the opportunity on this earth to make a bigger impact because we are all connected.

What I don't want people to feel, is that, for some reason we have to change our faith. It's bad to be extreme, it's bad to hurt people, and it is wrong to force people to believe what you believe.

Our religion has no compulsion to accept it. But also, our religion will never change. The Quran, the Holy Book we were brought by the Messenger of God, will never change. So please, avoid trying to make up ideas based on where you are. Just because we are in the West or East or North or Space, our religion doesn't change. People change.

They go to new places.

They see new things.

They accept new things.

Good things.

But also bad things.

Your heart is a moral compass, so trust that you will be guided.

Avoid the bad. Don't encourage others to change and become confused.

People will accept good in their own free will, if God wants them too. The hearts are in His hands. But that doesn't mean you add things and make false conclusions and force them on me.

Relax.

Just pray.

Of course, you don't have to take my opinions and believe them. Just read. Read. Read.

For peace.