I'm Not Okay

I'll Never Let Them Hurt You, I Promise.

Her eyes were closed and I could hear the machines pumping air in and out of her lungs. We had been here so many times before, so many reasons. My mind raced as the doctor, another new one spoke to me- the old one, Dr. Craft had been called in Pennsylvania and she said she would be making a flight as soon as she could. I knew Holly would feel better instantly when she saw Dr.Craft. The doctor who had helped her, us, times before.

Holly had been shot in the back, her shoulder blade was chipped and when she was first brought in the bullet was lodged in her blade. The assailant, was someone I couldn't believe, someone who, it didn't dawn on me might hold a grudge now that Lyn-Z was in prison and facing the death penalty soon.

Jimmy Urine had always been a close friend- until he slept with my wife and ruined my marriage. But that had been I blessing in disguise, for finding Holly after recieving that text message and all the times after. I really would not change it. I would only tweak it from her getting hurt so badly so many time.

James had been carted off by the New York Police Department and I knew sooner rather than my perfered later they would be calling on me for my account of this morning's events. What could I say? Oh, Officers nothing much happened- I was just proposing to my girlfriend when my ex-best friend pulled a gun out on her?

I rubbed my face and walked back to my chair where I sat for the next hour. There were many possibilities that they had told me, the bullet could have also nicked her spinal cord and she may have trouble walking. But if it didn't they main thing is she may not be able to extend her left arm fully, ever again.

And I did hear, earlier as they were taking her to recovery, "She's lucky she's not dead." I would never tell her that. She had been through so much, I would protect her from everything I could- nothing, and fuck it I mean it if I have to hire more bodyguards, nothing is going to hurt her again.

Not even me.
♠ ♠ ♠
that was THE perfect title!
OKAY PAY ATTENTION!
this may be the last chapter.
i may just go and start the sequel tonight or tomorrow
or go to chapter 30, i don't know.
but you'll definitely know SOON!
<3