Status: Redoing 'She's not Afraid'

Moments

.01

"Fuck sakes. Could this go by any slower?" I mumbled to myself as I looked away from the clock that hung on the wall in the music store down town.

It was Saturday night and I swear time was going in slow motion. I needed a cigarette break too, considering I hadn't been able to on my last break. The store was flooded with costumers at the time and I was the only one working. As usual.

After cleaning up some of the mess people had made earlier, the clock read ten thirty. I rushed to lock up the doors and turned off all the lights before grabbing my bag behind the counter and going out front. I put my earphones in and started playing some Asking Alexandria on my phone so it wasn't silent.

I pulled out my pack of smokes and took my last one out and my lighter and lite it up. Inhaling it felt good. It had been such a long day, and I hadn't slept well all night.

I was about to take another puff when I heard feet running this way over my music. "Fuck." I started heading to my truck, wanting to avoid whoever it was and wanting to get away before they could pass me. It wasn't a night where I wanted to deal with anyone. I just wanted to go home, shower and sleep.

Just as I turned the corner, thinking I was good, I banged into something hard, my cigarette getting squished in between me and whoever smashed into me.

"Fuck! That was my last smoke!" I yelled, whipping off the ashes from my jacket and they fell to my combat boots.

"I'm terribly sorry! I'm just trying to get away from these gi-"

"I don't want to hear your fucking life story." I said annoyed.

"I'm sorry." He said again. His voice was quite husky and had a British accent. I looked up to see green eyes looking down to me, and curly brown hair, wind blown, though it was underneath a black hood.

"Could I have-"

"An autograph? Sure." He started taking out a pen.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked, confused as to why he was trying to give me an autograph.

"Are you serious?" He asked, and I gave him a look to imply that I was. "Harry Styles...one fifth of One Direction...biggest boy band since The Beatles.." He continued.

"You keep talking about yourself as if I should catch on by now. Sorry, but I have no idea who you are. Never even heard of One Erection."

"One Direction." He corrected me.

"Whatever. I was trying to ask if you wouldn't mind moving over for me so I can get to my truck. I would like to get home." I said.

He moved to the side to let me by. I walked a few feet before he started following me. "I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. What should I call you?" He asked.

"You seriously don't know who I am?" I asked, then started mocking the tone he gave me when he had to explain who he was. "Elena Gambol...19 year old girl, working at the old record store...best female singer since Joan Jett.."

"Doesn't ring a bell." He said, teasing me, a big smirk on his mouth, revealing a dimple.

"Well, I would say it was nice meeting you Mr. Styles, but it wasn't, seeing as how you smashed the last smoke I had." I said as we reached my truck in one of the parking lots down town.

"If you want I can take you to get another pack. I'll even pay for it." He offered.

"I don't want your money." I said simply.

"It's probably best that you don't have anymore anyway. Smoking's a bad habit. One of my good mates smokes as well. It's quite the waste of money." He said, trying to make small talk.

"Wow, you should be one of those addiction counselors." I said sarcastically.

I saw his eyes roll slightly, obviously not used to someone being so rude towards him.

"Well, I'll see you then Elena." He said with his British accent. He stopped walking as I made my way to the drivers side of my door. I waved my hand up, not looking back to the guy and got inside my truck.

I buckled in and turned the ignition on, my Stone Sour CD blasting through the speakers. I backed up from the stall I was in and made my way home, Harry still standing there with his hands in his pockets.

Who the hell was this guy supposed to be?

I finally made it to my apartment, running to the 7th floor to get to my room. I kicked off my boots before giving my cat some food and petting him.

I went onto my laptop right after and searched for One Direction on YouTube, curious as to who they actually were. I clicked on the first video that came up, a song titled "What Makes You Beautiful". This music is not the kind I listened to at all and I wanted to shut it off right away, but I watched the video until I saw the same curly haired boy that ran into me tonight.

"Oh, god." I said and closed the computer before heading to my bathroom in my one room apartment.

I took off all my clothes and jewelry from the day off and stepped in the shower, as the hot water cascaded down my stiff back.

Sure the boy was cute, but he was not the type of boy I normally associate myself with. The guys I would find myself gravitating towards would be the ones with dark hair and dark clothes. The kind who listened to metal or punk music, the same as me.

Not some guy that was in a pop band, where all the girls would just fan-girl over how hot they thought the guys were. It's not my type in the slightest way.

Oh, well. Not like I'm ever going to see the pop-star again anyway.



(Harry's POV)

"Hey mate, what took you so long?" Louis asked when I closed the door of the house.

"Yeah, Harry, I want my ice cream!" Niall practically shouted as he saw me.

"I-uh..forgot it. Some fans were chasing me and I ran into someone."

I heard Niall groan and get up from the couch and head into the kitchen most likely to find something else to eat in the large house that Niall, Zayn, Louis, Liam and I were all sharing. We were in L.A working in the studio for our newest record for the next while, so we figured we should all just get a place in the mean time for the five of us.

"Ran into someone?" Louis asked.

"Yeah. Her names Elena. Elena Gambol."

"You don't sound so pleased about it." Liam interjected from the armchair.

"She was just so irritating. She had no clue who we were either. Which was a surprise." I said. "I know there's people who strongly dislike us, but they at least known who we are."

"Don't be so bothered with it, Harry." Louis said. "Not every girl in the world will be fondling us all the time."

"Hey, guys, we are in the studio at nine tomorrow, so be up by seven so we can all have enough time in the bathroom." Zayn called to us from the kitchen.

"I'm heading to bed." I said and went to my room that I got all to myself.

They all said goodnight and continued doing what they were up to before I came back home. I ran upstairs and made my way down the hall and shut the door to my room.

Elena. She wasn't like most girls I've encountered in my life. She was fairly small yet curvy. Long, wavy black hair that fell just above her hips, and a fringe that fell just beneath her eyebrows, showing off her lovely blue eyes. She had a certain edge to her that made her look very intriguing. Very sexy.

I wouldn't normally be thinking that about someone who looked like her. Not compared to the girls that I would find myself pursuing. I was more into the ladies with long legs, and tall. Someone hot, yet cute.

Maybe it was the way she had acted toward me. Elena didn't seem to have a problem with being up front about things. She didn't bother to think twice if she was going to upset someone which is not what I was used to in a girl.

I wonder if she has a boyfriend...

Doesn't matter now though. I should be focusing on the music, and not on some girl I wouldn't see ever again. I finally decided to close my eyes and let sleep take over. Or at least that's what I would like to happen/



"Harry! Get your ass out of bed!"

I jerked my head up from my pillow and looked at my clock on the side of my bed. I groaned before sitting up, shaking my head and fixing my curly hair.

It was almost time to get to the studio for the day. And I hadn't slept well last night at all. I can't remember the last good sleep I've had since I signed up to be in One Direction.

I went to the washroom across from my room and hopped in the shower, glad that I was the last one left to do so. Everyone must've slept in this morning.

"Hurry Harry! We're going to be late!" I heard someone calling to me from the door. I finished washing my hair before getting out and brushing my teeth quickly. I had circles under my eyes from being so exhausted from our long day yesterday.

This was going to be a long day too, I could tell. Just like everyday.

After I threw on my pants and shirt, I headed out to the living room, where my shoes were and slipped them on. I was already done getting ready and sat on the couch, waiting for Zayn to finish perfecting his hair.

"Ready! Let's head out." Zayn said, rushing to the door. The rest of the guys were in the kitchen eating breakfast and Liam had the keys to the van in his hands ready.

We got there in no time, due to Liam's fast driving. Right on time.

"There you guys are. Thought you were going to be late." Johnny said from the studio room.

"Us? Never!" Louis said with a smile.

We each took our turns in the booth singing. I was incredibly tired the whole time, so I wasn't fully there.

"Hey, Harry, you okay?" John asked me when Niall had his turn. The rest of the guys were goofing around on the couch opposite of me, so they weren't listening in to me and John.

"Yeah. Just tired. I haven't had a good sleep in awhile." I said with a yawn.

"How about you go down to Starbucks and get us all some coffee? Get yourself woken up a bit?"

I sighed in relief. "Sounds good. Be back in a jiff." I replied and rushed down to the bottom floor, wanting to get out soon to be alone.

I really needed the fresh air of the cool morning. I put my hood up, trying to draw less attention to myself, not really wanting to be swarmed today.

I made it to the coffee shop about 15 minutes, wanting to take my time. Thankfully, there was no one else in this Starbucks, with the exception of the people who were working.

I ordered 6 drinks for me and the mates and handed the lady working some cash. I just turned around about to head outside, when I slammed into a small figure.

"Ah! Shit!" She screamed as some of the hot drinks spilt on her black jacket. I saw the familiar blue eyes from last night look up to meet my eyes. "Really?! Is this your way of saying hello to girls or something? Or is it saved just for me?" Elena said quite pissed off.

"I'm so sorry! Here, let me get you some napkins!" I went to the counter and got a load, setting my tray of drinks on one of the tables.

I was about to help her dry up myself, until I realized that the spill was on her chest.

"I'm not a baby, I can clean myself." She took the serviettes from my hand and started patting down her leather jacket and the red shirt that was peaking through.

"I am sorry. I didn't hear anyone come inside. Do you uh..want me to get you another shirt?" I offered felling guilty.

"I thought I told you last night that I don't want you money Larry." She spoke as she went to the nearest garbage bin after drying herself.

I chuckled at what she just named me. "I'm sorry, what'd you just name me?"

"What? Is that not your name? It's Larry isn't it?" She asked in complete seriousness.

"Close. I guess I should give someone who hates me, props for only having it one letter off."

"I never said I hate you." She stated and headed to the counter.

"Well, you sure act like it." I said and followed her. She ordered her drink and started digging in her bag for her wallet to get cash, but I was faster and was able to give the women behind the counter money before she could get her own out.

"The hell are you doing?" She asked when she saw it was payed for already.

"Come on, let me pay you back for crushing you today and for yesterday." I said to her.

She just looked at me all angry, probably trying to be threatening or something, so I gave her one of my big smirks in return.

"You sure are a persistent guy, aren't you?" She got her cup off of the counter and found herself a seat far away from where I was. She got out a magazine from her studded bag and started to flip through the pages.

"Whatcha reading there?" I asked as I sat on the chair across from her.

"Why are you still talking to me?" She questioned, not looking up from the magazine.

"I'm not quite ready to get back into the studio yet. I was on this little outing so I could wake up fully." I explained.

"Mhm." She mumbled. "Well, I know I'm fully awaken, thanks to steaming coffee being spilt on me. But to answer your question, this is what I'm reading." She tossed her magazine towards me, showing an article of a group called Bring Me The Horizon.

"Never heard of them."

She looked at me with utter shock and pulled out her I-phone. "Then Larry Styles, I think it's about time you do." I chuckled again as she went through her music and found this band.

She found what she was looking for, and handing me her phone so I put in one of the earphones. This music was definitely not what I was used to. The closest thing that I would even come close to with this genre, is classic rock.

"How do you understand what their saying?" I asked.

"You don't shut out the music just because of what you hear on the surface." She responded.

"It's sure is...something." I said and handed her back her phone, taking the ear-bud out, with my eyes a bit wide.

She chuckled at my expression most likely and took her magazine back, continuing to read it.

"Let me ask you something." I started, and she gave me a irritated look. "Do you really not know who I am? Or who One Direction is?"

"If I'm going to be completely honest, after our little run-in last night, I went home to see if I recognized you guys, and searched your boy band, but I can still say, that I don't know who you are. Is it really that weird for you?" She asked, leaning her elbows on the small table.

I smiled at the thought of her searching who we were. "Honestly. yes."

"From the looks of it you guys are a pretty big name." She said and took a sip from her drink. "I don't bother to take the time to listen to that kind of music."

"What kind?"

"You know, boy bands and what-not." She responded. "I stick to one kind of music and one kind only."

"Oh? And why is that?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"Because, personally, I don't consider that what music should be. Your music should come from you and your own experiences, not just be something that other people wrote for you."

"Uh, for the record, we do help with some of the writing."

Instead of giving me a smart-ass comment, she just started clapping her tiny hands slowly and sarcastically. I gave a questioning look.

"What's that look for?" She asked, tilting her head.

I shook my head slightly. "You're just so irritating!" I couldn't help but smile slightly while saying this. To be honest, our banter was entertaining.

"Well, I could say the same for you Larry! I come to the most secluded Starbucks in town for some peace and quiet. Only to have coffee spilt on my favourite jacket and have a pop star following me around. Talk about a plot twist." She said that last sentence more to herself than to me. "I should get going anyway. I have work in a bit."

She got up from her seat and put the magazine in her bag, and one of her earphones in.

"Goodbye Elena." I said as she walked past me. "And my name is Harry Styles!" I yelled out before she exited the door.

"Goodbye Harry!" She called, putting emphacice on my real name, in a mocking tone.

I got out of my seat, and went to get my tray of drinks before heading back to the studio, forgetting all about my real life for a moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Elena's Outfit #1
Elena's Outfit #2

Comment/Rec/Subscribe!

[I decided to start over my story of "She's not Afraid" and make changes and what-not. Hope you enjoy!]