Status: Work in Progress - Updating Regularly

Puppet

Chapter One

Sitting at her desk typing away Alice was completely oblivious to the world surrounding her. The words flew across the page as her fingers nimbly ran across the keys relaying the erratic thoughts that came across her mind. The sounds of harsh screams filling the room along with the drums and guitars of her favourite band Motionless in White motivated her to continue typing. The song Abigail came on and she began to sing along under her breath never stopping her fingers from typing. Alice was yet to understand exactly what she was typing in her mind it was nothing more than useless words on a page but perhaps it could become more. She heard the front door open and quickly stopped the music and closed the lid to her laptop placing it on the shelf next to her bed. Standing from the bed she cautiously turned the handle of her bedroom door before treading along the carpet down the hall towards the kitchen where she knew he would be.

“Where have you been?” She cringed as the words left his lips.
“I was in my room,” was all she could muster in response to his harsh tone.
“Where’s dinner?” He asked looking around the kitchen and seeing no food in sight.
“In the fridge, I just have to heat it up for you,” was all Alice said before walking towards the fridge and pulling out the lasagne she had made that day. Cutting a slice she put it on plate before putting it in the microwave. He walked up behind her and placed his hands on her hips trailing kisses along her neck as the counter began to wind down.
“God you’re so beautiful,” he whispered against her ivory skin.

He always seemed to compliment her at this time of night. But it would end just like it always did, maybe tonight would be different she told herself. The timer went off and she reached for the hot plate using a tea towel to carry it to the kitchen bench along with a fork for Eli. He took the seat and began to eat as Alice heated herself a slice sitting across from him, as he ate not giving her a second glance. After finishing he left the plate on the table, grabbed a cold beer from the fridge and positioned himself on the couch where he would stay for a majority of the night until the television was no longer enough entertainment and the alcohol would heighten his unstable emotions. It was during this brief silence that Alice would clean the kitchen and take a much-needed shower changing into her most comfortable pyjamas.

Pulling her legs through her boxers a bang on the bedroom door begins the nights events. Eli pushes the door open walking towards her angrily. Grabbing her shoulders he pushes her towards the bed. She falls backwards and he straddles her waist as she struggles beneath him.

“Please Eli, I don’t want to do this anymore,” she whispers as the tears begin to roll down her cheeks and onto the sheets.
“Stop crying. You’re my girlfriend that means I can have sex with you whenever I want,” he slurs his breathe clearly smelling of alcohol.

She tries her hardest to break out from his hold. She feels like a puppet controlled by her fear and insecurities that Eli created for her. But it’s too late the night continues the same as all the ones before. Alice lays there the tears continuing to fall even after the lights are off and Eli is asleep. She rolls onto her side and tries to block the demons from her thoughts. The darkness begins to consume her before she finally falls into a deep sleep finding solace in it’s freedom.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is simply an introduction to the rest of the story. I know there isn't much MIW but please stick with me. The next chapter will be longer and have more MIW. Hope you enjoy it :) ❤