Status: Work in Progress - Updating Regularly

Puppet

Chapter Ten

By the time Ryan had closed the door Alice had already decided she would try and spend some time with Josh. She stepped outside her door looking around anxiously as though someone might be watching her or following her. Treading down the staircase she took care so as not to go crashing down. Once safely on the ground she heard soft murmurs coming from the living room, stepping carefully in an attempt to avoid the creaking floor boards she stood near the entrance and listened in.

"We can not let him win," she heard Chris say.
"Then we must," but she didn't hear the reply or whom it was speaking as they hushed to a whisper. Giving up on her failed attempt at eavesdropping she continued down the hall in the direction of the kitchen. There she found Josh sitting at the island bench with a glass of what she presumed to be blood possibly A positive, which she had come to discover, was his favourite. She gave him a courteous smile before opening the fridge and pulling out some fillings for a sandwich. Without so much as glancing at the vampire across the table she continued to make her sandwich and eat it in silence before he finally opened his mouth.

"Am I still an option to you?"

The question came out so weak, as though he himself had given up hope on anything happen between the pair. Alice stood there for a moment relishing the silence before the words began to fall from her mouth.

"I don't know."

Three simple yet honest words that seemed to break his heart as he looked over at the girl he had begun to fall for. He stared as she nervously began to twirl a piece of her hair before lightly gnawing at her bottom lip. He stared at those lips as he moved closer towards her walking around the bench. Without thinking twice about the consequences he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into a heated kiss smiling as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Alice found herself melting further into his touch wanting nothing more than to stay in his arms forever. But something inside her made her pull away breathless simply staring at the vampire before her.

"I'll take that as a yes," Josh said smugly, smirking down at the red head.
"Yes your still an option. But you have to be prepared if I don't choose you," Alice said openly, "I don't want to destroy you because I made the best decision for me."
"You are going to choose me," Josh said as though it had already been determined. Alice closed her eyes shaking her head lightly. This could only end badly, she knew that if she chose Ryan it would ruin Josh but she couldn't choose him just for that reason.
"Whatever you say," she simply replied smiling in his direction. Turning to leave the room she felt his hand rest upon her shoulder forcing her to look back in the vampire's direction. His demeanour was no longer confident; his cocky smile was no longer present it was replaced by fear.
"Will you go out with me tomorrow?" He asked turning into a shy schoolboy.
"Of course I will," Alice spoke softly placing her hand lightly against his cheek. He leant against her hand closing his eyes as though this would be the last thing he ever felt.
"Thank you," he whispered before placing a kiss against her forehead and walking out of the room leaving Alice once again to her own thoughts.

She awoke the next morning to loud banging coming from one of the other rooms. She pulled on her hoodie and walked out of the room having forgotten to put on her pants. Walking along the hallway she identified the noise as coming from Angelo's bedroom. Just as she was about to knock on the door Chris appeared from behind grabbing her hand.

"What are you doing?" Alice asked slightly agitated.
"Good morning to you too," Chris replied laced with sarcasm.
"Whose in there? Is Angelo finally back?" Alice asked getting herself slightly excited.
"None of your business and Angelo won't be back for a while if ever," Chris replied as he began to drag Alice back down the hallway towards her bedroom.
"Why won't he come back?" She asked confused.
"He made the decision not me. Now put some clothes on it's hardly appropriate to walk around a house full of sexually charged male vampires in your underwear. Not to mention your going to be someone's mate and no one wants to have the mental image of someone else's mate in their heads," Chris said as he begun to open her door and push her inside.
"Clearly you did," she replied under breath but slightly too loud.
"What did you just say?" Chris asked releasing his grip from her arm.
"Don't act like you didn't hear me Christopher, I know you did."
"How dare you speak to me like that?" He said growing angrier by the second his eyes slightly beginning to turn crimson.
"You're such a hypocrite. You tell me not to walk around in my underwear because it won't look right when I marry one of the boys but it's okay for you to fuck your best friends mate?" She asked dumbfounded by the audacity of Chris.
"You can not talk to me like that," he said as you pushed her against the wall placing his forearm against her throat. He slowly began to add more pressure Alice began to panic but only slightly she had been in this situation more than once before and she was confident he would stop once he realised the insanity of his actions.

"Christopher," Alice gasped through harsh breaths.
"You will learn to behave, you are privileged to be here whether or not you understand that," he said loosening his grip only slightly. As his grip loosened he moved his arms down against hers pressing them against the wall behind her body. Brushing her hair away from her neck he slowly began to kiss and nibble on the sensitive skin between her neck and collarbone. His nips gradually became harder and Alice found herself helpless to stop him. The sensations he was creating prevented her from fighting it wasn't until he bit into her that a scream escaped her lips. She heard chuckling from the door and saw someone she had not seen before.

"Now Christopher you don't want to kill the competition do you?" The new figure said his fangs clearly visible when he smiled. Chris pulled away smirking as he licked his lips and directed his gaze towards the new vampire his head half shaved covered in tattoos along with his arms made visible in his denim vest.
"You always did have to ruin the fun Brandon."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while and sorry this isn't as long as usual I've been pretty sick and somehow still working full time. I hope you like this chapter and the introduction of a new character. I honestly don't know where this is going so don't expect a new chapter straight away although I shall start work on it. Please comment and subscribe I would really appreciate it, I love all the feedback and encouragement I get from you guys it makes this process alot easier.

Thank you all so much and keep up the comments and feedback! :)