Status: Work in Progress - Updating Regularly

Puppet

Chapter Thirteen

Alice knew that this day would come and she had been dreading it ever since they had told her of her fate. She had been given one week, a mere seven days to decide who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. She didn't dread it because she was fearful or scared of the man she would choose. She knew that this life would be better than the one she had left behind. No one had treated her with such respect since Caleb's tragic death. The kindness she had received even with all the incidents along the way she still felt as though she was unworthy. Was there no one else who deserved her spot more than she did? There had to be someone more beautiful, more intelligent, more confident and more suited to this lifestyle than she was. She stood in front of the mirror brushing her red locks as she considered the possibilities that awaited her. A knock at the door broke her train of thought.

"Come in," she said just loud enough for the person behind the door to hear. She was however no expecting to see this particular person enter a room. She pulled a face before turning back to her mirror continuing to pull the brush through her hair.
"What no hello? How rude," Brandon said as he approached her only to come to a stop behind her looking her in the eyes through the mirror.
"Why would I say hello to you?" She asked bitterly.
"You might want to consider being a little more polite to me, Chris isn't the only one who can make your life a living hell," he said smiling through gritted teeth as his mouth came closer to her ear. "I'm much more sinister than he will ever be and you should keep that in mind."
"Like I care what you have to say," she stepped away from the mirror and opened the mahogany chest of drawers beside the vanity pulling out a leather circle skirt along with a Slipknot crop top. She stepped inside her large wardrobe making sure Brandon could not see anything and changed. Walking out she saw Brandon staring at her bare skin. The years had wounded her and the marks would forever remain on her skin. She looked down at her arms gently rubbing her thumb along some of the lines.
"You know as a vampire all your scars will disappear. You won't have to worry about those lines and marks they will disappear along with your old life," he said smiling sounding almost sincere.
"Are you sure?" She asked slightly hopeful.
"Yes, my dear, I take it you've made your decision?" He questioned.
"Yes I have," Alice said seriously.
"And what will happen to the other vampire whose heart is broken by a member of his own coven's mate. The games shall certainly begin and know that no matter who you choose your fate will be the same. You are destined for love it is what follows that will cause you the most pain," Brandon said as he finally stood from the bed and walked towards the door.
"How do you know all this?" Alice asked more than a little confused.
"I told you, I am more powerful than you understand, you should consider this the next time you disrespect me," and with that he carefully closed the door behind him leaving Alice once again to her thoughts.

She knew all too well that even as a vampire her life could not be perfect as much as she wished it would. Choosing Ryan would hurt Josh, but choosing Josh would hurt Ryan there really was no way of winning in this situation. She had to go with what her heart told her. An eternity was certainly a long time and she could not afford to waste it with someone she did not truly care for. The decision had been made almost since the start but she let the others around her influence and manipulate her. She lay down her bed and closed her eyes as she tried to picture her life as a vampire. In her vision there were no children as least none that were conceived naturally. It was simply her and her vampire sat in their bed wrapped in each others arms. The thought was comforting to know that someone would always be there for her.

Finally deciding it was time to tell the others the news should shakily opened the door and walked down the wooden stairs. Digging her nails into the railing it appeared to be her only support as she tried her hardest to steady her nerves. She walked into the living room to find all of the men sitting watching the television or talking. Ricky was the first to notice her standing in the doorway and the expression on his face when he realised what she was about to do could have sunk a ship. He grimaced as he cleared his throat and as the boys turned in her direction they all knew what was about to come.

"You still have a few more hours," Ricky said as he tried to maintain his coven's relationship.
"I know but what's a few more hours going to do in comparison to the rest of my eternity?" She replied as she tried to gage his response.
"So then who have you chosen," Chris asked from his arm chair in the corner of the room.
"Certainly not you so I don't know why you're so eager to know," she said sending a fake smiling in his direction.
"Will you two stop bickering and Alice will you tell us your decision?" It was Josh who had finally spoken.
"You have to understand that this is one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. Never before has anyone shown. When Caleb killed himself I was sure I would be sentenced to a life of misery and pain never knowing what true love was like. As much as I love you both and you both showed me so much kindness and respect I have to go with what my heart is telling me."

She went to speak his name when Brandon silenced her.

"I say we make this a little more interesting," he said smirking, "don't you think."
"What do you mean?" Alice asked confused.
"The loser gets to spend the rest of the day doing whatever he wants with you," Brandon suggested.
"What do you mean whatever he wants?" Alice asked getting worried.
"I mean whatever his heart desires provided you are returned to your mate relatively unharmed or injured," Brandon said smiling. "What do you say boys?"
"I agree," Josh said hurriedly.
"And what about you Ryan?" Brandon asked mockingly.
"Whatever you say," he said looking away from Alice.
"So Alice my dear, who is it you have chosen to become your mate?" Brandon asked getting more excited by the moment.

"I have chosen, Ryan."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Are you excited or upset with who she chose? What do you think Josh will do to Alice? Sorry for how long it's been since the last chapter I'm going to aim for weekly because daily clearly isn't working and I apologise. Continue to comment please and tell me what you think I need to know whether you guys like this or night.

Thanks to those who constantly comment and help this story continue I love you all!