Status: Work in Progress - Updating Regularly

Puppet

Chapter Sixteen

Ryan stood beside her bedside unable to leave. He feared that if he moved she would wake up or something would happen to her. So instead he stayed there never leaving her side. The changes in her body were beginning to appear and provided him with some slight reassurance that he would be okay. The scars that littered her arms were no longer visible, her skin the colour of ivory and her lips seemed to become more appealing or perhaps that was because he hadn't been able to properly kiss her for two days.

Josh was beginning to get worried he had never really seen a mate be transformed correctly, so every minute that passed cause more worry and confusion. He sat in the corner of his room staring out the window wondering when she would wake up. Thoughts of what he did to her began to haunt him, every time he closed his eyes he could see her face begging him to stop but he didn't. He deserved all the pain he was currently experiencing, he was the one who hurt Alice more than he could comprehend. The thoughts were beginning to consume him as he continued to stare out the window looking at nothing and everything all at the same time. He heard a blood curdling scream which brought him to his feet and bounding down the stairs. Standing next to Chris was a blonde girl blood trailing down the side of her neck. She looked mortified and turned her glaze to his as though she was pleading for help.

"Whose this?" Josh asked from the stairs.
"My new friend," Chris grinned as she pulled him towards his waist.
"Why did you bring her here?" He asked pissed.
"Because I wanted to introduce her to her new family," he said his grin growing impossibly wider.
"I can't deal with this," he said as he stormed back up the stairs only to hear yet another cry but this time it wasn't coming from the bottom of the stairs but Ryan's room.