Status: Work in Progress - Updating Regularly

Puppet

Chapter Four

Taking her hand in his Ryan carefully guided Alice back up the stairs avoiding any other contact. She looked over at the solid figure and tried to study his expression in an attempt to understand what was going on inside his head. Having reached the top of the stairs Ryan led her towards a dark wooden door the one she had walked out from before.

"Do you want to sleep with me tonight?" Ryan asked blankly looking into Alice's emerald green eyes.
"I haven't made up my mind who I'm going to be with yet," Alice said softly. Ryan chuckled lightly to himself before pulling Alice into what she assumed to be his room. It was similar to the room she had been in before with a few differences. The carpet was black the furniture cherry wood with crimson upholstery and velvet drapes. There appeared to be two doors one open leading to a large wardrobe the other an ensuite bathroom.

"I don't want to have sex with you," Ryan finally said leaving Alice slightly disappointed. Ryan saw the look on her face as he spoke the words her expression changing from mesmorised to disappointed.

"Did you want me to have sex with you?" He asked confused.
"No, no that's not it. You don't think I'm attractive I get it. I'm ugly," Alice said as a few stray tears fell from her face and landed on the plush ground.
"It's not that I don't want to and you're so beautiful it hurts me not too look at you. Why would you say such awful things about yourself?" He walked towards her and placed his palms on the side of her face forcing her to look into his now dull eyes.
"Because it's true. My entire life has been the same everyone leaves, if they don't leave then they die. No one has ever stuck with me for long and if they have it's always ended in abuse. Eli is the first person to stay with me for more than a year other than Caleb but Eli he," but she couldn't commit herself to say that word. She had known throughout the relationship that what he had done to her was not consensual but she couldn't leave the one relationship that had lasted in her life.

"Don't ever think that your worthless. That dick did not care for you, he was selfish and ignorant and took a beautiful innocent girl and turned her into a frightened skeleton. You are beautiful I need you to trust me." By now Alice was shaking her head as the tears began flowing taking the black make up along with it. Ryan pulled her into his chest where she began to sob openly. He guided her towards the bathroom handing her a towel and a change of clothes. She quickly ran for her suitcase which was conveniently located near the doorway grabbing a few essentials.

Having shut the door leaving Ryan standing not far away Alice pulled the clothes from her body and stared in the mirror. Scars littered her skin as she ran her fingers along the raised and mutated pieces of flesh. She wasn't fat but she was far from skinny either the one thing Alice had always loved was her subtle curves and decent sized breasts. Stepping under the hot water the pressure began to loosen the tight muscles that had begun to form from the increased stress. Finishing cleaning she quickly dried herself before pulling on her undergarments, a pair of checkered, baggy pyjama bottoms and a plain black tank top. Walking out of the bathroom she searched the darkness for Ryan who was sat on the bed reading a book with a black spine.

"Come here," he said gesturing with his index finger for her to move forward. She stepped across the plush floor until climbing on the four posted structure with black silk and velvet sheets. She lay her head down next to Ryan who moved closer towards her so her head now rested upon his chest and his arms around her waist. Alice's eyes began to close instantly as the darkness consumed her and the feeling of safety engulfed her.

The next morning Alice awoke the arms around her torso. In her haze she forgot where she was and began to thrash around trying to get the cold skin off of her own. She managed to remove the arms and jump from the bed. Looking back she suddenly stopped completely motionless staring back at the now wide eyed figure on the bed. In her tired state she hadn't realised the arms belonged to Ryan.

"I'm sorry. I, I-" but before she was able to finish Ryan cut her off.
"It's fine. Trust me I understand," was all Ryan said climbing from the bed wearing nothing but his pyjama pants. She studied his muscles around his chest and upper arms causing Ryan to smile lightly.

"Like what you see?" He said jokingly watching Alice smile and fidget in her spot. Walking towards his wardrobe he pulled out a shirt and put it on along with a hoodie for Alice to put on before they went downstairs for breakfast.

"Ready to face the lynch mob?" Ryan asked laughing to himself at his ridiculous joke. She smiled walking two steps behind him as he directed her towards the kitchen. Looking in the fridge she screamed not expecting what she saw. The fridge was lined with bags of blood and alcohol. The alcohol was far from scary but the crimson liquid startled her slightly.

"I forgot to get her food," Balz said from his chair.
"We give you one job you dumb ass," Angelo calls from his side of the kitchen as he sips at what Alice had hoped was coffee.
"It's fine. I don't think I'm hungry anymore," she said as she went to leave the kitchen.
"Woah where are you going?" Chris asked as he walked directly into her enroute to the kitchen.
"I'm not hungry and it wouldn't matter because there's no food," she said simply before walking up the stairs and into Ryan's room where she changed into a black skater dress with her cherry red Doc Martens and acid wash cropped denim vest. She teased her red locks into submission as they fell to the middle of her back. Walking out of her room she came downstairs to find everyone else dressed even Ryan. Although she didn't bother asking.

"You've been spending a lot of time with Ryan. So I decided I'd take you shopping, you know so you can decide whether or not I'm actually a candidate," Angelo declared as he went towards the kitchen counter grabbing the keys to a yet to be identified car.

"Follow me," he said as Alice smiled at the others before following three steps behind this new vampire.
"So where are we going?" Alice finally had the nerve to ask.
"I'm taking you grocery shopping and clothes shopping if there is anything you need. You look gorgeous today by the way," Angelo said a genuine grin stretching across his cheeks.
"Thank you," Alice replied blushing.
"Now do you want to drive or should I?" Angelo asked pointing towards the Morgan Aero 8. A sleek car a hybrid between the old and modern. She smiled as she took the keys from Angelo's hand running towards the black beauty.
"It's beautiful," she said to herself loud enough for Angelo to hear.
"I thought you'd think so," he said. "I take it your driving then?"

Alice sat herself in the front seat and started the engine as it came to a soft hum. Now this was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
So just shorter than my last chapter I hope you liked it. Thanks for all the comments. Still working out where this is going to go. I don't ever seem to plan ahead. I may not get an update up for two days, not as regular as I have been. I'm working two jobs at the moment with a few babysitting jobs and other side jobs.

So continue to comment please you don't know how much that makes my day and encourages me to write. Thanks again! The more comments the more likely I am to write.