Status: One-shot!

Girls Do What They Want.

Had a bad fling with a good girl.

Skylar sniffed and pushed the wet strands of hair that clung to her face aside, behind her ears. She brought one hand up to wipe the tears and then quickly wiped the red lipstick off her lips. She pulled the fabric of her dress down and took off her high heels, knocking on the door again. She winced and shook her head at her own stupidity, who would spend Friday night at home? Ugh..

She heard his laugh from behind the door and her eyes got wide. Wasn’t he alone there? She really didn't want anyone else to see her with her smudgy makeup, while having a little breakdown.

She came to him because he was one of those people, who wouldn't tell her (like her friends) that there was a lot of other guys in the world and she shouldn't cry. She came to him because he was one of her closest friends. Actually, a friend of her brother, but her too. She also could go to Pat, but he probably would feel a sudden tender pity for her and her hysteria and tears would reach a peak. She just needed to feel comfortable with someone. And John was the perfect person for that. He opened the door, talking to someone on the phone, but when he realized what state she was in, he said something quickly and hung up.

"Skylar?" he greeted her with one eyebrow raised. He studied her, staring right into her eyes, which were swollen because of crying and smudged makeup. She started crying again and his eyes widened. He hated when girls were doing it. He grabbed her hand quickly, pulling her into his apartment. Yep, he really didn't want to explain to his peeping-neighbor why the pretty, young girl was standing and crying in front of the door to his apartment.

"Jason has cheated on me," she whispered when he wrapped his arms around her, gently rubbing her back. His muscles tensed as he felt anger. Even though she wasn't his younger sister, but Garrett’s… she was the youngest in their group of friends and she was a girl, and everyone always cared about her. He sat with her on the couch, hugging her tightly. She was so fragile. Like a porcelain doll.

After a few moments, she pulled away from him and when she saw a huge wet spot on his shirt, she wanted to cry again. She took a deep breath instead as John left the room and got back after awhile with a glass and a bottle of whiskey. As she smelled the alcohol, she made a face, but after a moment of hesitation, she drank it all.

"Garrett would kill you if he saw you giving me whiskey, I'm not an adult," she said, as he poured her another drink. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not gonna get you drunk, and well, you're almost twenty-one" he said with a shrug. The room went silent for a few moments and she rested her head on his shoulder, sighing quietly.

"When I arrived, the door was open, so I entered" she spoke softly. "And he was fucking my friend on a couch. So now I don’t have a boyfriend nor a girlfriend. What's...what's wrong w-with me?"

"I'm your friend, remember? And I think that's enough. We're the best, right?" he reminded her. "I can also be your boyfriend, but then Garrett probably would kill me. Or he’d kick me out of the band, what would be worse" John said, making her chuckle softly. He was moving his hand gently across her thigh, trying to calm her down. And his arm was around her waist. She lifted her head, looking up at him. He reached out his hand moving it to her cheek, fingers sliding along the velvet hair as it caressed the delicate line of her cheek. His thumb stroked the softness there as he looked into her eyes. And then she kissed him. Or...he kissed her.

Anyway, they kissed.

And it was one of the best kisses she had ever had, because she felt that she was good enough for someone. And John, oh, he hadn't kissed anyone for a few months. Well, maybe one girl at a bar about five weeks ago, but he was totally drunk then. "Now Garrett certainly would kill me because of that" he said as he pulled away.

"To hell with him," she said, straddling his laps and sliding her hands under his white v-neck t-shirt. She kissed him again. This time, harder and more passionately, but he stopped her.

"You've been drinking" he said, as if he wanted to change her mind. Skylar rolled her eyes.

"I'm not drunk. I had just two drinks. I don't think I should be driving but well, you know, I've never seen a 'Warning! No sex after drinking alcohol’ label on a whiskey bottle" she said, shrugging. John wasn't sure whether to laugh or call Garrett so he could come pick her up. He folded his arms over his chest as he smiled at her.

"But you have a broken heart," he added, trying to change her mind again.

Fuck. Who would ever have imagined that he would be sitting on his couch, trying to talk a beautiful girl out of wanting to have sex with him...But she was just a kid. Yeah, she was twenty, almost twenty one. But...

Nope, not a kid, and certainly not a native one.

He could stop her. He should. He had to, no matter how painful it would be.

He lifted her chin and she touched his lips with her own. He almost groaned. Her lips were addictive, full, sensual. They were seducing rather than giving.

"John?" she said softly after a moment of silence. To hell with it, he thought and pulled her closer, kissing her roughly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was supposed to be the full-chapter story, but I'm still not sure. So yeah, one-shot is a solution, kind of. What do you think?

And I apologize in advance for the spelling and/or grammatical mistakes, but my native language is not English.