Follow Me

Disappear

The hotel room was dark. The only light source was a lone lamp at the opposite end of the room. It smelled musty in the room, mold probably had started to grow somewhere. It was humid too. Beads of sweat had formed around Dean's brow. He furiously wiped them away as he cleaned his gun. The only entertainment he had left.

Castiel appeared by Dean's side. There was a light flutter of his wings, then silence. He could sense Dean knew he was at his side, but Dean made no movement to recognize him. He only continued to clean. Sam was not there. It was only them. It made the inside Dean's stomach clinch. It was pure agony to ignore Castiel. Nothing could be compared to the emotion torment. Even his time in Hell was not close was better. Dean actually preferred physical pain over emotional.

The silence was deafening. Even with the cars on the highway, or the light squeaked the rag in Dean's hand, did not help. Dean huffed loudly. He tried not to think. He tried even harder not to think of Castiel standing there. It was impossible.

It seriously did not help that Castiel is the one that saved him from Hell. The one that gripped him tight and pulled him though. His savior. Since that moment, he knew Castiel would be a big part of his life. Castiel only stood next to him, staring down at Dean's blonde hair. It took all his strength not to touch him. Every fiber of his vessel wanted to move in the direction with Dean and his celestial form wanted it even more.

Dean did not lift his head. "All the memories that randomly pop into my head lead back to you," he whispered.

Normally Castiel would have smiled, or at least reacted. This time he only stood, slightly swishing the end of his trench coat against his legs. He bit his lip, drawing blood. It tasted like metal, which startled him. He quickly healed the wound.

Dean suddenly spun around. His green eyes stared into Castiel's. Castiel would almost see into his soul and what he was feeling. The regret, the want and how much he cringed at the idea of Castiel gone. The shared feelings caused Castiel to gasp.

"Nothing I can say will take the pain away," Castiel told him bluntly.

Tears swelled in Dean's eyes. He softly sniffed, tearing his face away from Castiel's view. New feelings swam over Castiel's body. His vessel's heart raced, the palms were sweaty and something was stuck in his throat. Was he crying? Angels cannot cry. Castiel's head lifted, he wanted to return to Heaven where he was safe.

There was a sudden warm feeling on his hand. Castiel snapped to attention and stared down. His hand was engulfed by Dean's own hand. It was squeezed, quite hard, and yanked towards where Dean sat. Castiel was jerked, his head and body became limp and came to where Dean pulled.

"Don't you fucking leave me, Cas."

Castiel's heart seemed to stop. He dropped to his knees before Dean, his eyes stared up at him. Dean still clutched his hand as if it was the only link between life and death. Both their eyes watered. Castiel's face seemed to glow as he searched for the right words to say.

Castiel gulped then licked his lips. "I love you Dean, don't let me forget that."

Without a second notice, Dean slumped from his chair and crashed into Castiel. Their lips met and the world disappeared. Nothing mattered anymore. All the pain and sorrow melted away. All that was left was them following each other for all eternity. No rule, guideline or even God would separate them again. They had what they always needed. The deserted room spun in the corner of Dean's eyes. He did not care where Castiel was taking him, only that he was with them. That's when their new story began.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dedicate this story to the beautiful, Elizabeth.

Entered in this contest.