Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 11

Today Cassadee asked me out for lunch, so now I was waiting for her in a diner while she runs late. This wasn't the first time I've been out, I went shopping yesterday today ease the pain that seemed to still live inside. Halie came to the hospital yesterday, that was a fun conversation.

"Oh hey Victoria, how are you doing?" The perky blonde asked, usually a bright smile would bring the mood up but I was just annoyed.

"Hello" I said, no looking up from the music magazine I was reading. She sat on the end of my hospital bed and stared at me. I looked up and gave her the 'what' look.

"I want to apologize"She said.

"Apologize for what?"

"Alex"

"Trust me sweetie, I'm done hearing apologies because they don't mean shit - he isn't sorry, you're not sorry - ya'll sorry because you got caught" I explained and she nodded.

"I feel like some whore" She said, acting like a victim in all this but she knew, she came into this room every day and put on a smile but little did I know...

"No offense honey but you shouldn't be acting like this affected you, you got Alex and I'm left with the thought that I'm not good enough, that something I could not control drove him away" I ranted, and went back to my magazine.

"Do you miss him?" She asked, twirling her blonde hair in her finger looking at me like I'm some lolly pop.


But her question pondered my mind, did I miss Alex? Of course I did, I spent the last four years of my life looking for this potential future with him. But did that make me pathetic, did that make me weak if I did miss Alex?

The bells of the door made me jump, Cassadee quickly climbed in to the booth and smiled.

"Sorry I'm late" She said, smiling and look down at the menu.

"No problem"

"How are you doing?" She asked. Depends what she's asking about.

"Good"

"Really?" She asked and I shrug.

"Talked to Reynolds today, something was odd about my blood pressure and we had the stress talk, he continued to assure me that the break up between Alex and I has stressed me out and that I need to distract myself" I explained, flipping the page and playing with my fingers.

"So, How are you going to do that?" She asked, I shrugged and closed my menu.

"I was thinking of volunteering at the animal shelter or library, I begging god to give me something to do because honestly Cassadee, this stress is making me want to faint" I stressed and she smiled.

"Maybe you sho.."

But I spaced out, when I saw someone walk through the kitchen doors and the breath was taken out of me. Almost like the world stopped and everything became slow motion. The male walked towards our table, his eyes catching mine and I couldn't breathe.

"Tori, Tori? Tori!" Cassadee yelled and I jumped.

"Yeah?" I asked, not looking away. "Waiter's coming"

He walked up, looking at me with a smile and god the jaw bone.

"I'm Kyle, I'll be your waiter, can I get you lovely ladies anything?"

"I'll have the soup please, with a water" Cassadee said, handing him the menu but he still stared at me.

"What do you recommend?" I asked, my flirt switch went on and I was ready to claw my way into this one.

"For you, I would say the banquet burger" He said, a smirk playing on his pink lips.

"For me? How so?" I asked, and he licked his lips.

"You look like you need some meat on you"

"You're cute, I'll have the banquet with also a water" I said, with a wink.

"Coming right up" He said, sticking his lips out as in a kissy motion. And once he was out in sight I made an inner noise.

"What was that?" Cassadee asked, and I covered my face, smiling.

"I think that was my distraction" I stated and she wiggled her eye brows, laughing.

Image


Throughout the whole meal, Kyle and I exchanged glances and smiles. Honest to god my heart wouldn't stop beating so fast, I felt reckless and bad. It felt really good. But when it was time for the check, my mood was dampened because I felt like I was never going to feel like this again. We paid for our lunch, put our coats on and headed for the door. Just our luck, as we were leaving, Halie and Alex were coming in.

"Oh hey!" Halie said, so perky it made me sick.

"Hey, you two" Cassadee said with a smile.

"You two have a nice lunch" I commented, with a nod before going to pass Alex but then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Kyle, his white smile there and everything just looking perfect.

"Sorry, but I didn't catch your name" He said, and I look down and smiled.

"Victoria but my friends call me Tori" I answered and he smile.

"Well Victoria would you like to accompany me to dinner tomorrow night?" He asked, my smile became bigger and I could feel my cheeks burn.

"I would love to" I stated, grabbing the notepad and pen from him, writing down my number and setting it back in his pocket.

I sent him a little wave before turning back to Alex, Halie and Cassadee.

"Will do" I heard Kyle say before walking away.

"That did not just happen" Cassadee said, with a laugh.

"We should get out of here before I change my mind" I said, and Halie laughed.

"Have fun on your date!" Halie said, Alex crossed his arms and scratched them. He looked pissed but confused at the same time.

"I will!" I yelled, getting into my car.

I was flustered and sweating, I hadn't felt this way since the first time I met Alex.

"Are you sure we should be back here?" I asked my friend Kirsten, she didn't hear me over the loud music and continued walking into the bus area. No security guards had caught us just yet but that feeling of being caught kept me on my toes.

"Just act like you belong here" She muttered, and I followed her every move.

"What are we looking for?" I asked, and she shrugged.

"Cobra Starship"

"Dude, you're obsessed" I stated and she laughed.

We were in between buses by now, the shade cooled me down from the summer heat but soon I found my self on the ground colliding with a door to a bus.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry" I heard a voice, I was being pulled up to my feet by strong arms but my vision was blurred and I couldn't see who it was.

"Dude, I think you may have concussed her" I heard another voice.

"Let's get her over to the medics"

Before I knew it, I was sitting on the edge of a ambulance with ice strapped to my head and a bandage around my knee. I looked up, as my vision focused and I saw two boys, one was very lanky and had long black and blonde hair. The other had long brown and blonde hair, but he was different and something about made me sweat.

"She's good to go" Kirsten said to them, helping me up.

"We have to play a show in a few minutes, come watch us side stage"

"You don't have to" I stated, looking up into his brown eyes and seeing the whole other world. Things were silent for a moment, we just stared at each other and I began to flustered.

"I refuse to keep my eyes off you after what I did" He stated, then slung an arm around me and let to towards the stage.

"What's your name?" I asked, and he smiled.

"Alex, and yours?"

"Victoria"


"Alex seemed jealous" Cassadee stated as she stood outside my car and I shrugged.

"Nah, he was so uncomfortable"

Image


The next day, Cassadee came over to Jack's. We sat in the kitchen, planning my make up and hair. I spent all night last night texting Kyle and saying I was excited for the date is an understatement. Alex, Jack, Zack and Rian walked in as we talked.

"What are you two giggling about?" Zack asked, and I smiled so big it hurt.

"Tori has a date" Cassadee sang and I laughed.

"Shut up" I said and my cheeks turned red.

"With who!?" Jack yelled.

"His name is Kyle and he works at the diner" I said, and Cassadee scoffed.

"Let me tell you, he looks like Taylor Lautner but better looking and he's really sweet" She ranted and Rian crossed his arms, she kissed his cheek.

"Cass liked him because of his jaw line" I stated and she laughed. "But she's right, about him being sweet and kind"

"So you're excited?" Alex asked hesitantly.

"Of course I am, I mean I haven't been so flirty in my life"

"Are you going to sleep with him?" Jack asked, and I giggled.

"Depends on how the date went" I sang, making Cassadee raise he eye brow.

"Really? I mean, on the first date?" She asked, and I shrugged, not really having an answer.

"Nah, she's too classy for that" Alex said, and I narrowed my eyes.

"Who knows? People change" I said, making everyone laugh.

"What are you going to wear?" Cassadee asked.

"I think I'll wear something simple, something casual but formal. I told him nothing fancy"

"Why not?" Jack asked, and Alex laughed.

"She hates when people spend too much money on her because if things don't work out, than there's a lot more to lose" He explained and everyone stared at him.

"Exactly" I said, smiling at him and then sliding off the stool. "Guess I should go get ready"

Image


Kyle and I's date was perfect, he brought me to a small restaurant and we just talked. It wasn't anything pressured, it wasn't anything fast. It was like we were just friends, having fun and I felt the need to have that.

We were driving back to Jack's, when we parked outside the house I turned back to look at Kyle.

"I had a great time" I said, he smiled and nodded.

"I did too"

Out of spite, I leaned over and planted a peck on his lips. I got out of the car, walking up the driveway and by the time I was half way, I had turned around and motioned Kyle to come inside. He got out, stuffed his hands in his pockets and followed me to the always open back door. I stood in front of him and before I knew it, we were making out.

I backed up into the house, standing in the small laundry room that Jack never uses. Kyle reached down, disconnecting our lips and wrapped my legs around him. Continuing to make out a bit more, but I opened my eyes to peek and I saw Alex standing in the hallway, shocked and just staring. I pushed away from Kyle, to look at him and things got awkward.

"God, I'm an idiot"

"Is that your boyfriend?" Kyle asked, furrowing his eye brows.

"No, he's someone who shouldn't of been here" I growled and unwrapped my legs.

"I think I should go"

"Yeah, uh call me?" I asked, Kyle's sweet smile came upon his face and his softly kissed me once more before leaving through the back door. I looked back to see Alex standing there still. "Thanks Alex"

"Sorry" He whispered, and cringed my fingers.

"Oh my god, stop saying sorry because it means nothing Alex!" I screamed and ran my fingers through my hair. "Everything you say means nothing!"

Alex flinched, cowards away. I start to walk past him but he stopped me, his hand softly gripping my arm.

"I read the letter"

"That's good Alex"

"You have every right to be angry, I was stupid and I wasn't there for you" He explained and I laughed.

"If this is another apology, I swear Alex"

"It's not" He stated, and took the letter out of his pocket. "Here"

I looked up at Alex, the confusion I faced was unbearable but the curiosity was worse. I tore open the letter and...
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image


Cliffhanger ;}