Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 12

Dear Alex,

Alex, you're the son that I never wanted. That may be harsh but, Victoria is my little girl and I never wanted her to grow up. When she was little, she was never afraid of losing someone, when my Mother died she only cried when I gave my speech but she never cried about it or even talked about it again. She knows that death happens to people who are at peace, people who accept the fate they have and people who would be better off peaceful. When she was thirteen, she wondered why all the boys never thought she was pretty, she wondered why people were mean to her and she wondered why her friends never included her in things. I always told her the same thing Alex, she's different, you and I both know that.

Just by looking into her eyes you can see she sees more than anyone, the way she looks at things are different and I know that the way she looks at you is infinite. Alex you may never notice it, but my daughter isn't just in love with you, she's infatuated with what you do and how you carry yourself. She feels reckless when she's with you, she feels alive and free because you're something unusual to the naked eye.

When she was growing up, I said people with tattoos were bad people and she tried her hardest to prove to me that I was being judge mental. She did everything in her will to show me that I was wrong, but it wasn't until she brought you home that I saw that she was right. You only had one tattoo at the time, the skeleton on your forearm and when I asked you what it meant, you just kind of shrugged and told me you just liked it. It gave me this whole other element to my views on tattoos, that it isn't just about the meaning or how it looks, it's about the time or situation you were in when you got it.

When she hit fifteen, all she wanted to do was write and become the biggest author. She wanted to become bigger than J.K Rowling and John Green, she wanted to inspire people just like her. In retrospect she wanted to be just like you, a voice of a generation and I hope one day she can become one.

Also when she was fifteen, she got into the music that brought her to you. Pop Punk, Alternative, Metal and Hardcore. But she didn't just listen to it because she thought it was good music, she listened to it because it meant something. I can say that music was all the same, about bubblegum love and heartbreak, she hated things that were unoriginal and repetitive and she found bands like New Found Glory and Yellow Card to be unique every time they wrote a song.

By the time she was seventeen, she was aware that the little old home town we lived in was become predictable and repetitive. When she got her full license, every weekend she just skipped town and never told us where she was going. Her Mother thought she was running away to some boy but I knew that she wasn't because I myself got bored sometimes.

You were her trip out of that small town, you brought her to life and brought her on adventures. You gave her everything that, that small town could not and I thank you because it brought the child out of her that I've missed. I know that she can be stubborn, I know that can she can have fits and I know she can be annoying but she brings so much wisdom and perspective that you may be missing.

Whenever she is sad, whenever she is going through hard time I want you to take her out of town because ignoring the situation only makes her more upset. Ignoring the fact that she's hurting only makes it worse because when she is upset, she's looking for a shoulder to cry on, a smile to brighten the day up and a warm hug to wash all the worries away.

And maybe one day you both, or one of you decides you aren't right for each other and maybe things change but don't let her go, I want you to keep her away from that old home town because it will absolutely drive her insane. God forbid you guys ever break up because you're my daughter match in heaven and you're the only man I will ever allow my daughter to love. But if things don't work out, I'll have to ask the big man to work it out for me because my daughter belongs with you and only you.

Hopefully one day, you'll want to marry my daughter and Alex I give you full permission. I wanted so badly to tell you in person but my time had come. I wanted to be the one walking her down the aisle but I can't. Alex, you're the man I want her to spend the rest of her life with and if you can't do that then there's something wrong with you. If you let her go, you're going to sit back one day and regret everything. I want my grand children's last name to be Gaskarth because I know you'll be the best father to them.

You may have to travel, you may have to go across the world but Alex you're the one who makes my daughter happy and if you can't see that, then you need to look a little deeper.

,Glenn,
♠ ♠ ♠
That's the letter, tell me what you think!
<3