Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 15

"Are you coming to the show tonight?" Alex asked, his hands gripping the steering wheel as the unusal november rain hit the wind sheild creating the ambiance around us.

"I wasn't really invited" I said and Alex laughed.

"No invitation needed, you're coming" Alex stated and I nodded. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just not feeling so great, probably after effects of the surgery" I answered and Alex looked at me worried.

"Jack isn't home, want to come back to ou- mine?" He asked, I ignored the slip up and nodded. "I'll make lunch and we can watch movies"

I ignored him again, my stomach was dampening my mood and I just watched the rain his the car. We drove off into the country, I had missed going down the many dirt roads until you hit the secluded area that the house sit on. Alex parked in the garage, I heard the dogs bark and scratch at the door. That made me smile, which I assumed made Alex smile because I heard him chuckle. Alex jumped out of the car, he grabbed my bag from the back seat and then opened thd door for me. He helped me up and into the house. The dogs were going insane, they were so happy to see me as I was so happy to see them.

"This is the happiest I've seen them in weeks" He said and I laughed, Alex helped me to the cream coloured couch. I was wearing really uncomfortable clothing, since I was assuming that I would be riding the bus home. "Let me get you something more comfortable to wear"

He dissapeared for a moment, my eyes wondered the whole apartment because nothing looked touched. Nothing looked different and when my eyes wondered around to the kitchen table. I still saw all the stuff I left there, my necklace, the stuff animals and evern the small mixtape he made me. He never moved any of it. I looked back towards the television, the dogs had already settled around me and I was content.

"I got you a sweatshirt and I think you left these here" He said, handing me his black micky mouse sweat shirt and a pair of We The Kings shorts that I definitely left here.

"Thanks"

I went to get changed, I splashed water on my face and put my hair up in a bun. I got out and Alex was in the kitchen. He looked at me, smiled and then continued to fill a pot up with water. I saw the pasta out and I laughed.

"What are you laughing about?" He asked as I sat on the island.

"If you're making pasta, you only need like a cup of water not a whole pot full" I answered and he looked at his over flowing pot.

"Oh, well I was never really good at this" He answered and I shook my head.

"Bet Halie is a good cook" I stated and Alex chuckled.

"I've eaten too much fast food, honestly I've missed pasta and I was hoping.." He trailed and looked at me, with cute puppy dog eyes.

"You are honestly so needy"

"I just don't know how to cook" He said, and I nodded.

"You literally would not surivive with out me"

"You don't even know" He muttered quickly and I ignored it.

"You feed the dogs and I'll boil the water" I said, he smiled and called the dogs.

I caught myself staring out the window while waitng for the water to boil. It was so dark out, the wind was getting out of hand and a big crack of thunder shocked me. I heard the dogs yelp and Alex came running into the kitchen.

"You okay?" He asked, and I nodded. "I remembered you weren't very fond of thunderstorms"

"Yeah, just the bad ones" I said, scratching my arm. Lightning flashed and I jumped again. Alex came to my side and was now following me around in the kitchen making me laugh. "What?"

"Nothing, just want to make sure you're okay"

"I'm fine Alex, really" I said, pouring the pasta into the pot and Alex sat next to me on the counter.

"Remember when we got snowed in?" He asked, and I nodded.

"The furnace broke and we made a fort, like ten year olds"

"I mean you were twenty and I was twenty two" He stated and I rolled my eyes. "You were still in University"

"Oh yeah, we were both praying my classes were cancelled for the next week"

"But they weren't because the dean is from the tundra" He stated and I nodded.

"Jack called us like every four minutes because he was scared" I added and Alex laughed.

"He called us when we were in the middle of" Alex got real quiet when he thought about what he was going to say, I knew what he was going to say and I laughed at him being uncomfortable.

"You got so pissed" I laughed and Alex laughed with me.

"Yeah, How long until the pasta is done?" He asked and I shrugged.

"A few minutes, mind shreading some cheese?" I asked and Alex nodded, scratching his head as he began cluelessly looking through the cuboards of kitchen utensils. "Under the toaster, to the right"

"God, I feel like a stranger in my own house" He stated and I shrugged.

"No problem, I organized a lot while you went on tour" I brought up as I stirred the pasta. "Guess it became some sort of OCD, but it passed the time"

"You know, I never liked leaving you here" He stated and I nodded. "I always feared you getting hurt or sick and I wasn't there to take care of you"

"You made up for it though"

"Hardly"

"Alex, you were never a bad boyfriend" I said, turning around to look at him as he aimlessly looked down looking lost while grating the cheese. "Sure there were times where you weren't around, but I loved you and that's all that mattered"

"Then I left you" He whispered and I sighed.

"Pasta's ready" I said, pulling out the strainer and straining the pasta. I even them out into two bowls and Alex put cheese on both of them. "Pick a movie, any one"

"Really?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Just not some romantic shit, because I'm not really in the mood"

Alex ended up putting the Avengers in, I smiled because he remembered it was one of my favourite movies.

"Would you date the black widow?" I asked Alex and he shook his head. "Why not she's gorgeous?" I asked, putting another mouth full of pasta in my mouth.

"I just wouldn't, what guy would you date in this movie?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Probably Iron Man" I stated and Alex gasped.

"He's such an ass hole"

"But he's smart" I pointed out and Alex nodded. "Other than that, Captain America has a nice ass"

"Superficial"

"I am not!" I stated and Alex laughed.

"Okay, then why were you going to hook up with Kyle?" He asked and I quirked my head to the side.

"Good point my friend, good point"

Image


Alex drove me to the venue in Baltimore, I sat back stage in the dressing room reading a book while they sound checked. They were on in twenty minutes and I was having a conversation with Vinny.

"So what you're telling me is you'd rather date an asshole son of a bitch like Iron Man over Captain America?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I had this conversation with Alex, Tony Stark is not only rich but really smart but all that Captain America has for him is a good butt" I explained and Vinny shook his head.

"What about Thor?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I mean, Chris Hemsworth is a babe but Thor has really long hair and trust me, that is not cute"

"You're weird"

"Vinny, if you're not weird you're not grand" Alex said, as he walked into the room. Vinny looked at me and I laughed.

"The man has spoken!"

"Man? Alex is a pubescent girl with a beard" Vinny stated before leaving to go to the merch tent.

"Wow rude" Alex yelled down to him.

"Don't be too butt hurt, you have your pedicure tomorrow" I joked and Alex popped his hip.

"I'm also getting an eye brow wax" His voice came out really high and cracked at one point, sending both of us on the ground laughing. We ended up lying next to each other on the dressing room floor.

"You would need out" I said, and Alex shook his head.

"My eye brows are perfect, you better work it!" He sung and I rolled my eyes, he propped up on his elbow and leaned over me. "You excited for the show?"

"Yup" I stated and looked at him. "It's been way too long since I've gotten to see you guys live"

"Yeah, I put If These Sheets on the setlist for you" He said and I smiled.

"Thanks Alex, I appreciate it" I said.

A moment rose between eyes, we were so close to each other that we both leaned in. I felt his lips brush against mine but jumped apart when we heard a knock at the door.

"Uh, Alex your girlfriend is here" Matt said, and my face seemed to fall, as reality struck in once again that Alex was no mine anymore, I couldn't kiss him like I wanted to.

"Okay, thanks" Alex said, and I jumped to my feet. I wrapped my cardigan closer to my body, a feeling of hurt flashing in me and vulnerability showing.

"You better go say hi" I added and Alex nodded.

"I apologize if-"

"No, it's fine Alex, really" I said, trying to put on the best fake smile I could. "Good luck tonight"

"Thanks" He said, then he hugged me and squeezed me tight. I sighed a bit, when he let go and walked out of the dressing room, not looking back. I rubbed my face with my sleeves and let out a big frustrating groan before walking out and heading to side stage.

The show started, the fans were going crazy and I sat on top of a guitar case watching. I saw Halie from across the stage, she was jumping up and down like a fan girl, it sickened me. I bobbed my head to the music, sung the words and tapped my legs to the beat.

"This next song is a really special song" Alex began and I caught his glance. "It's dedicated to a very special friend who seems incredibly lost right now and I hope this song helps her decide where her home is"

If These Sheets Were The States started to play, I smiled at Alex as he sung the first verse in my direction. I wasn't really sure what this meant, but I was happy and I guess that's all that matters.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image


Sorry this took so long! Haha, just been a bit unproductive. Hope you enjoy it! It's kind of boring but it's leading up to somethings.