Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 16

Christmas was in one week, my goal to get rid of this cancer was starting to look un probable and I was ready to just give up. Rian, Zack, Jack and Alex went on a little band trip to Las Vegas about a week ago, they were meeting Cassadee at LAX and then flying in tonight. Fortunately, Halie is on duty tonight so I was asked to pick them up and I'm kind of excited to because I've been stuck by myself for awhile. I was already on my way, the plane lands in about ten minutes and when I got there, I stood in the arrivals wing and waited.

I watched people walk by, I chuckled at the business ladies that wore heels on airplanes because they were absolutely insane. I loved flying, when Alex took me to tours over seas it used to be my favourite because I loved being higher than the clouds. I also loved sharing head phones with Alex, I mean I think I learned more about Alex by listening to his music library than actually talking to him. I mean, I don't know how many times I've had to hit him for playing Slob On My Nod by Three Six Mafia. But the thing I loved the most was resting my shoulder on Alex's and falling asleep on him.

The doors opened again, I saw Jack as he was the tallest and he saw me. He smiled and ran over to me like a little kid. He scooped me up in my arms and jumped.

"Hey Jack, your Venus fly trap died" I whispered in his ear and Jack grimaced. "I'll get you another one"

"Nah, I was never good with taking care of it anyway" Jack said and I laughed.

"How was the trip?" I asked, giving Zack a hug and feeling his muscles softly crush me.

"Amazing, I think we all still have a bit of a hang over" Rian commented, when also giving me a hug.

"Well that's good" I said, and smiled when hugging Cass. "How was tour, you lucky bitch?"

"I loved it, but I missed you" She replied and I laughed.

"And I did you" I stated and we giggled. I looked at Cass, her eyes on someone behind me and I smiled, knowing I was missing someone. I turned to see Alex, he was kind of looking at the ground, shy. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. "Cheer up buttercup, Vegas may have been fun but Christmas will be way better"

Alex's tired, low voice rang in my ears as he chuckled and set his scruffy chin on my bare shoulder. It felt nice to have a hug like this, it really did because of my recent failed attempts to overcome this cancer, I needed a nice Alex hug. I was so happy we were friends, because no matter how much I loved him, I'd rather be friends with him than have nothing to do with him. Although this hug reminded me of the many times Alex had come home from tours, me waiting in this very wing of the airport and running up to hug him. I remember when he was recording for Nothing Personal, the first day he was there, he called me and we had this fight because he was having a hard time writing. We didn't talk for three weeks until they came back for a break.

Peeking over the shoulders of the many families and business men, I saw him in all his glory and seeing him with such a guilty look, I couldn't stay mad at him, it was impossible. My eyes started to tear up as I stood there, he noticed right away and dropped his bags. I probably looked like an idiot crying in the middle of the airport but when his strong arms were finally there around me, I didn't care.

"I'm so sorry babe" He whispered rubbing my back. "I was having trouble writing songs and I took all my frustration out on you, it was so wrong of me"

"I love you" I had said, he smiled and crashed our lips together.

"I love you too" He murmured and continued to kiss me


"How was vegas?" I asked, him as we walked towards my car. His arm was wrapped around my neck and mine was wrapped around his torso.

"Good" He stated and Jack scoffed from beside us.

"He was such a party pooper!" Jack exclaimed and I looked at Alex, his expression was stern as he looked at Jack. "He hardly drank and he moped around"

"Why? I mean, you're always the life of the party!" I exclaimed and Jack gasped.

"What about me?" He asked, and Rian put a hand on his back.

"You're more like the dead of the party Jack" Rian replied, and I giggled.

"I guess I wasn't into it this time" Alex answered and I nodded.

"Well, if you're in a bad mood, maybe you and Tori can have a movie night?" Zack suggested out of the blue, getting me real confused.

"Yeah, it always used to bring Alex's mood up!" Jack stated, smiling like an idiot.

"Then it's settle, Alex we'll drop everyone off and then head to your house"

Alex smiled, it was weak but it was good enough. I took Alex's carry on and lead everyone to the car. Again Jack went right into my music.

"Pierce The Veil?"

"New obsession, Bulletproof Love is my favourite" I state, Jack laughed and started the song. I hummed to it, pulling up to Zack's place and helping him with his bags.

After dropping off Rian and Cass, we parked in Jack's driveway. Upon arriving at Alex's, I helped him with his luggage and we went inside. It was dark, I didn't hear the dogs so I assumed they were at his parents house. Suddenly a light came on, Halie came into the room wearing the lingerie I wore a few months ago when I confronted Alex. She obviously hadn't seen me yet. But when I stepped into the light, she covered herself.

"Halie? What are you doing here?" Alex demanded and I jumped at his voice.

"Well, I wanted to make it up to you, the thing I said yesterday" Halie whispered, shooting me a glare. "Upset you" She continued/

"Sorry, I'll just go" I managed to get out, heading for the door but Alex caught my arm. His eyes were desperate for me to stay, so I nodded and pointed to the music room.

I heard them yelling, my fathers records were still in here and it seems like Alex never packed them up like I asked him too. I took out a few memorable albums, started looking through them. Took me back to old garage sales and vintage stores, long drives down dirt roads and scary old houses. I smiled at the thought of my father getting excited about a record he didn't have, I felt like he had a list of every vinyl he had and when I find it, I'm going to continue his collection. I guess it should keep me busy since my life seems to be on pause until I beat this cancer.

I heard the faint noise of my phone, I grabbed my purse and dug through it. Hearing Longview by Green Day made me jump, it was my brother calling and I was quick to answer.

"Doug?" I questioned, he never really called me this late.

"I need you to come back and take care of Alice, there's been an accident"

"What happened?!" I asked, shaking at the thought and my brother sighed.

"Hunter, he was playing with some friends at the park and their ball went across the street, no one was watching him and he got hit by an on coming vehicle"

"Oh my goodness"

"Doctors say he'll be out for a few days, he's stable but still hurt and Alice is getting really anxious"

"I'll be there as soon as I can" I stated, quickly before standing up.

"Thank you so much" My brother seemed distressed and the pit of my stomach swelled.

"I'll text you when I cross the border"

I hung up the phone, I ran out into the living room where Alex and Halie were still yelling at each other but stopped when the door to the music room closed.

"Hunter got hit by a car, I need to go to Toronto and pick up Alice for Douglas" I said, quickly before grabbing my jacket and keys. But Alex stopped me.

"I'll go with you" He stated and I shook my head.

"Alex, it seems you have your hands tied and I can't be the person that ruins another relationship, especially one that's not mine" I explained and Alex stopped me once again.

"I'm coming with you, whether you like it or not" He sternly said, I nodded at his actions and he turned back to Halie. "I'm sorry Halie"

"I can't believe it, I'm your girlfriend Alex!" Halie shrieked and I jumped at her pitched voice.

"I guess we all make mistakes Halie, mine was ever thinking that you'd make me better about myself but I've realized that I'd kill to have one more day to tell her, she makes me better everyday" He quoted his lyrics, making me blush and he chuckled. "I'm sorry Halie, I'm just not that into you"

Alex grabbed the keys from my hands, locked his hand in mine and pulled me out of the house. He opened the door for me, and then got into the other side.

"Do you remember how to get there?" I asked, and Alex laughed.

"Vaguely"

"I'll help"

Image


About ten hours later, we arrived outside of Sick Kids hospital in Toronto. I had called my brother, he was now coming down to meet us with Alice. When I saw him, Alice was crying and I felt instantly guilty. I ran over to him, taking Alice from him and taking the house keys. We had a quick hug before running back to the car. Alice didn't have her seat belt, making me very nervous but I held her in my hands and cradled her all the way to the house. It was snowing pretty bad, Alex was scrambling to drive through it and denied my offers to drive. Finally we ended up in front of the small house, Alex helped up into the house and we brought Alice's crib down to the living room.

"Thank you Alex, I can't thank you enough" I stated, tucking a sleepy Alice into her crib.

"Anything for you" He grunting, trying to turn on the fire place.

I brought us two coffees and we sat in front of the fire place. I hadn't really noticed until Alex was playing with my hair that I was leaning into his side. It felt so natural to do it and I didn't hesitate to fold my legs up.

"Now this really reminds me of the time we got snowed in"

"Yeah" I said, quietly and looked out the window.

"What's up?" Alex asked and tears filled my eyes.

"What if Hunter isn't okay, Alex?" I asked, looking up at him.

"You can't talk like that, Hunter is strong and he'll get better"

"How do you know?" I asked, and Alex smiled. He pulled a piece of hair behind me ear and leaned in closer.

"Because he looks up to his Aunt, the strongest person alive" He whispered and kissed my cheek, but when he pulled away it was like the world had stopped turning but my heart kept beating. Alex leaning in closer, he lips were so close I could tast them and just when he touched, the door bell rang. Alex pulled away and went to the door.

I heard Alex mumbling, it had been some times since I heard something and when I went to go peak around the corner. I saw the monster, her new life was adamant to show through and I wanted to scratch her eyes out.

"Mom?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image


Sorry this took so long again, I was on vacation! And tomorrow I am going away again, so I hope this is enough. I'm so excited, I'm going to England and Belgium! Anyway, tell me what you like about this chapter :)