Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 2

I sat on the couch, a cup of warm tea in my hand and the dogs by my side. I heard the front door open and close, making the dogs stand up to see Alex and having them run to him. I grabbed a pillow and held it close to me, watched Alex greet his dogs with a big smile.

“Uh Alex?” I spoke up, trying to feel confident about what I was saying.

“Hmm” He hummed looking up at me, he seemed to be in a better mood but I wasn't sure why.

“You're back early”

“Yeah, Jack had a date” He stated walking into the kitchen getting a bowl of pasta that I had made.

“That's good, so uh I ran into Cassadee today”

“That's where Rian has been” He chuckled and I smiled a bit, I hadn't heard that in awhile.
“What's put you in a good mood?” I asked, smiling at him and for once in a very long time he smiled at me.

“I don't know, I just feel happy”

“Well that's good Alex”

“So what were you saying about Cassadee?” He asked, sitting at the table and looking at me before shoving a mouthful of pasta into his mouth.

“She suggested we go out with her and Rian”

“Like a double date?” He asked.

“Yeah I guess, but if you don't want to it's okay” I said, turning back to the television and playing with the end of my sweater. I felt the couch sink and I turned to see Alex sitting beside me with a big smile.

“Of course I want to” He said, he then looked at his hands and looked up at me. "I want to apologize for this morning, I should of never called you a bitch, nor tried to sell your fathers car"

"I accept your apology Alex" I snickered, making him laugh and look up at me again.

We began to have a small moment, we looked into each others eyes, the old feelings made my stomach chur and I began to blush a bit. We were leaning into each other and lips becoming closer but he stopped and stood up.

“When is it?” He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

“Friday at seven”

“Great” He said, before walking to the back porch.

I fell fast first into the pillows and screamed, we were so close. I just wanted to grab his face and kiss him. I missed him.

Image


Cassadee came over early, we were meeting the boys at the restaurant and to be honest I was a nervous wreck. I put my up in a messy bun, an American Eagle lace dress and some little brown booties. I wore the necklace Alex gave me when we went to Paris when they were on tour. I smiled thinking back to that day.

Our finger interlaced, swinging back and forth. Alex was adamant that Flyzik make time for us to go to the Eiffel Tower and I was all for it. I've wanted to go to Paris for a very long time and when I heard they were going there for tour I was very excited.

"Matt, take a picture of us" Alex said, handing him the camera and pulling me in front of the tour. Alex stood me in front of him and kissed me. I of course kissed back and it wasn't until Matt screamed at us to stop because he had taken the photo that we stopped. "I have something for you"

Alex reached into his pocket, he brought out a small teal Tiffany's box and handed it to me. I smiled a bit, and opened it to reveal a small necklace. A small pendant of the Eiffel Tour and a heart that read 'Je t'aime'.

"I love it" I said, wrapped my arms around him and kissing his cheek.

"Here let me put it on you"

I turned around and held my hair up. Alex clipped the necklace on and kiss the back of my neck giving me chills.

"You two need to stop before I put Tori on the crew bus"

"Matt, can you shut up?" Alex said to him and I laughed putting my head on Alex's chest.


I sighed, put on liquid eyeliner and did my best not make myself look to unnatural. Cassadee who was wearing a beautiful blue dress pulled me out of the house and into her car. My stomach felt like it was going to explode.

"Cass, I don't think I can do this"

"Of course you can, look he agreed to the date that has to mean something"

"I guess so, I'm just nervous" I stated and played with my skirt.

"You'll be fine, when Alex sees you he'll be foaming at that mouth"

We were silent the whole way there, I was still freaking out and I had no idea what to expect. We pulled up to the restaurant and got out, we entered the restaurant and we saw the guys sitting at the table. Alex had his back to me but when Rian waved at us, he turned around and I saw how handsome he looked and almost choked right there.

His eyes went wide, he stood up and pulled out the chair across from him for me. I smiled at him and sat down, he smiled back and my nerves calmed down a bit more. I kept looking at my hands though, to nervous to look up but when I did I was delighted to see Alex's smile once again. Something I've missed.

"So uh, Tori how has it been with the chemo" Rian asked, and Cassadee scolded him. Alex seemed to be uncomfortable and I sighed.

"It's alright Cass" I assured and smiled in Rian's direction. "Good, next round is next week and then they'll do tests to see if I'm reacting to it"

"Next week? We're going on tour next week" Rian pointed out and I furrowed my eye brows. And looked at Alex who was sending daggers towards Rian.

"Alex?" I asked, my voice cracking from shock.

"I meant to tell you, we're going on tour with Green Day next week" He said, smiling at me and I smiled back.

"Oh" I said, and I nodded.

The waiter interrupted us and asked for our orders. I ended up ordering a greek salad since my appetite was gone now. After he left, I looked at both Rian and Alex.

"It must be cool to be able to share a stage with Green Day" I said, and they both nodded smiling. "The things I would do to meet Billie Joe Armstrong"

Making all of them laugh eased the mood, looking towards Alex while he talked humored me and I just would catch myself staring. He was wearing a white button up shirt, a black tie and some black dress pants. He looked phenomenal and the mood he was in just gave off so much positive energy. I wanted it to be like this forever.

I examined his face, down to his neck and smiled at his beard. I leaned my chin onto my hand, looking at Alex and trying hard not to make it look so obvious. He was so beautiful, every inch of him made me happy and I missed everything about him. I blame God for ruining everything for Alex and I, I always dreamed of marrying Alex and having children with him. But now, it seemed like our relationship was being washed out to sea.

"My name is Angela, I'll be your waitress for this evening, could I get you anything to drink for starters?" My mind was snapped back, as the waitress introduced herself and I sat back in my seat. Until it was my time to water, Rian and Alex both got a beer while Cassadee got a fruity mix. But I, the stricted no fun person sighed and looked up at the waiter.

"I'll just have water please" I smiled, she nodded and walked off while we looked through our menus. "So Cassadee, how's the album going?"

We conversed about music and careers for a long time. Something I couldn't really go on about since I haven't been able to work since the chemo has started. But it was interesting to hear everyone talk about it and it was awesome to see Alex actually be in a good mood for a long period of time.

But all good things come to an end, we said goodbye to Cassadee and Rian as they went back to their house. Alex led me to the car, opening the door for me and then getting into his side. Now this is where things became awkward, because Alex and I being very similar people know that both of us want to say something but isn't sure if they are supposed to say it. It was quiet for awhile until I broke up the courage to turn on the radio.

A song called Like We Used To by A Rocket To The Moon came on, I hummed it and smiled a bit while it played. But I also listened to the lyrics, as they were all very relevant and as soon as Alex pulled into the driveway I shut it off.

"Thanks for dinner Alex" I said, smiling at him and suddenly it felt like back when we were just dating and we weren't even together yet. Alex blushed and smiled.

"Thank Cassadee, she had a good idea"

"Yeah she did" I agreed and looked up towards the house. "I guess we better go and check on the dogs"

I started to open the door, but I felt Alex's warm hand being placed on my cold arm and I looked up at him. We stared for a long time, Alex went to open his mouth and I hoped with encouraging eyes that he'd just say what I wanted him to say.

"You looked nice tonight" "I love you" "I miss you"

"Yeah, I guess we should" He stated and got out of the car himself. I let out a big sigh and leaned my head back on the seat.

Almost
♠ ♠ ♠
Image Image