Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 5

I was all packed up, everything that was mine was loaded into the red mustang and I was just standing in the middle of the living room staring at everything. I left every gift Alex gave me on the kitchen table, the closet was half empty and I just left a little note on the counter. So many memories lived in the house, I remember when we first moved in. We didn't even have Peyton yet, just little Baz and ourselves.

"That's the last of the boxes" The mover said, setting down a large one onto the cabinet.

"Thanks man" Alex paid him and joined me in the kitchen as I fed Baz. "You excited?"

"Yes, I've always wanted my own house"

"You okay that you have share it?" He asked, fake pouting and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I mean, not my first choice but it'll have to do" I stated, making him laugh and placing his chin on my shoulder.

"I know it's been hard, but we're going to start fresh and new" Alex whispered, referring to my fathers death and the separation of my family. He rocked me back and forth, rubbed my back and we just stood there in our new kitchen.

"I love you" He would say and I'd just smile.

"I love you too"


I leaned down and sat on the kitchen floor, Baz was know licking my tearful face and I smiled at the two dogs. Then I realize I was really going to miss this place, the dogs and my life because now it's totally different.

"Come on you two" I rounded them up, put them into the car and sat in the front seat of my fathers mustang.

I sat there, keys in my hand and you couldn't count how many times I started and turned off the car. But finally, I thought of Alex and my Dad when my Dad showed him the car.

"Mom, Dad this is my boyfriend Alex" I nervously introduced, my Mom gave Alex a hug and my Dad sternly took the hand of Alex and shook it.

"It's nice to meet you, come in and sit" My Mom insisted, I took Alex into the living room and sat down.

"You have a very nice home" Alex stated and I giggled at his cliche statement.

"Thank you" My Mom smiled, and clapped her hands together. "Would you like a drink Alex? We have beer?"

Alex looked at me for approval, I nodded and he smiled.

"I would love a beer, Mrs. Darcy"

"Call me Carolyn sweetie"

My Mom exited the room, but she came back with drinks and my Father also sat down. My Father began asking Alex about what he does for a living.

"Uh, I'm a singer in a band believe it or not" Alex had warned me about my parents not approving but I was very willing to have my Dad being laid back because he too had a passion for music. "We started in freshman year of high school and things got serious for us at a young age, by the time we were graduating we had a record deal"

"Really? That's exciting! What's your band called?" My Mom asked, and Alex smiled.

"All Time Low"

"How old are you Alex?" My Father asked, with a curious tone.

"Twenty Sir" Alex responded, my father coughed and my Mother gave him some water. Alex was very aware of my Father's condition and if he wasn't he would of asked about the black wig upon his head.

"Call me Glenn" My Father grinned, gaining his composure. "Two years older eh, Tori?"

I was only eighteen at the time, graduating high school and planned on going on a few tours with Alex before starting University.

"Where are you from Alex?" My Mother asked.

"Baltimore, Maryland"

"I understand my daughters urge to go there for school now"

"I wouldn't want her to just go there for me sir, I want the very best for your daughter"

"I see"

The rest of the night, my parents and Alex got along very well. While my Mother and I were doing the dishes, my Father asked Alex to go see something. My Mother was telling me how much she enjoyed Alex's company, how he was very fun and entertaining but mature also. (She hasn't seen the drunk Alex).

"Where did they go?" I asked, My Mother smiled and threw the towel at me.

"Garage, he's showing Alex his toy"

"That could be taken two different ways Ma, two different way"

I ran out to the garage and peeked around the corner to see my Father and Alex talking about the vinyl collection my father had and of course the red mustang parked in the drive way.

"You're the first boyfriend my daughter has let us meet" My Father commented.

"Really? Wow, she never told me that"

"She must really like you"

"I hope so"

"Listen son, I presume my daughter has told you about my condition" My Father brought up and tensed at it, knowing Alex would be uncomfortable.

"Yes sir, she has"

"Don't call me Sir, it makes me sound old" My Father said, making Alex laugh a bit. "Just promise me Alex, if something happens to me will you take care of my daughter?"

"I promise, I will do nothing but protect her" Alex stated and I smiled, feeling butterflies erupt in my stomach

I promise


The anger of realizing Alex had broke his promise to my father made me turn the keys into the ignition and start the car. I rolled out of the drive way and down the street. I was still crying, but the wind whipped the tears out of my face. I held tightly onto the leashes of the dogs and drove towards Alex's parents houses.

I pulled up to the house, parked the car and I knocked on the door. Isobel answered, a smile on her face and welcomed me in.

"This is such a surprise!" She stated and pulled me into a hug.

"I would have called but, I don't know if Alex told you or not-"

"Oh no, what did he do?" Isobel asked and I sighed. "Come sit and I'll get Peter'

I sat on the all too familiar couch and remember the first time I met them. I smiled, a bit and leaned back into the couch. Isobel came in with a cup of water and Peter followed right in behind her.

"Victoria, it's so nice to see you"

"Peter, something is wrong" Isobel warned and they sat on either side of me like my parents would have done when I was upset.

"Oh, dear tell us what's wrong" Peter urged and I took note that their english accents were showing through.

"Alex and I have decided to break up" I stated and they both gasped.

"Victoria, be honest with us here"

"Okay, Alex decided he couldn't do it anymore"

"Oh honey, did he tell you that?" Peter asked and I shrugged.

"He told Rian and Cassadee, I just overheard"

"When did this all start?" Isobel asked, and I took a deep breath.

"I don't want to rat him out guys" I said, and they nodded.

"Just tell us dear, please" Peter urged and I took another deep breath before letting everything out, about the fights, him not coming to appointments or talking to me. I started crying at one point, being frustrated with it all and they offered to have me stay one more night. I accepted, since it was getting late.

"I'm so sorry about Alex, I'm not sure what happened" Isobel said, as she walked me up the stairs.

"No need to apologize, Doctor says it's not unusual after Cancer Diagnoses that couple break up"

"Well, I didn't raise him that way"

"It's fine Isobel, I'm going to go visit family until I have to come back for another check up and I'll be staying with either Rian or Jack" I explained and she nodded.

"I hope you don't mind having to sleep in Alex's old bed room"

I shook my head and smiled at her, the dogs followed me to the old room and I examined each part of it. The posters, the old CD's and concert tickets. I smiled at a picture of us at the Warped Tour bon fire, that's when my phone began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Victoria?"

"Hey Jack" I greeted and sat down on the small bed.

"Where are you?" He asked, and I smiled.

"Promise you won't tell Alex?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die"

"I'm at his parent's house, I came to drop off the dogs and I'm staying over until I leave tomorrow" I explained and Jack was silent for a moment.

"Leave? What do you mean leave?"

"I got the good to go by the doctor, I'm going to go visit some family before I have to come back"

"Wow, I just didn't think you'd be gone so fast" Jack stated and I smiled.

"I won't be gone long, I'll be back when you come back and I was wondering if I could stay at your house when I got back, just until I found somewhere else to stay?" I asked.

"Of course"

"Look, I'm going to go to sleep"

"Before you go, I just want to say that Alex misses you" Jack said, and I sighed.

"No he doesn't Jack, don't lie to me about that"

"I wish I could say I was, goodnight Tori"

Then he was off the line, I was so confused but tried to push it away before getting ready for bed. But sleeping in here was harder than I expected, everything still smelt like Alex and between the crying, I finally fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Image

I really hope you guys like this, I was wondering if you wanted me to switch over to Alex's POV. But I wasn't sure if that would ruin the plot too much.....
Leave me a comment, what you think..