Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 6

I left the Gaskarth house early this morning, Isobel cooked me breakfast and sent me on my way with sandwiches for the road. It was hard to say goodbye to the dogs, because to be honest I wasn't sure if I was ever going to see them again. I know they're just dogs but they were there when Alex was on tour or in the state of mind that ruined us. But here I am now, passing New York and on my way home.

It felt nice driving the car, it felt like I was a kid again when my father would take me to get ice cream and we'd drive around. It almost felt like my Dad was sitting in the passenger seat, telling me Dad things and comforting me. I really missed him, especially at this moment where I felt alone.

Image


I pulled up to my brothers house, I called him after the appointment and he was more than happy to let me stay there. I knocked on the door, his wife Mallorie answered and seemed extremely happy to see me. My brother and her were best friends all through out elementary and high school, they didn't go out till they both were in University but I always knew they liked each other.

"Victoria, it's so nice to see you" She said, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I know, it has been way too long"

"Doug! Get down here, your sister is here!" She called out and I laughed, my bag slung over my shoulder.

I saw my brother, so grown up, so happy run in and wrap me into a big hug. It was a long hug, Mal started to cry and I hadn't noticed that I had too. I really missed my brother, we were close when we were younger but grew apart as we aged. We were only four years apart, but none the less we were still sibling and still annoyed each other.

"I missed you so much" He said, kissing my head and then letting me go.

"I missed you too, so much"

"Auntie!" I heard a little voice yelled, my brother moved to the side and I saw my nephew Hunter running towards me. I hadn't seen him since he was a year old and he had to be two or three now.

"Hunter!" I yelled, picking him up and spinning around. "How have you been?"

"Good"

"You've grown so much since I last saw you!"

"Where's Uncle Alex?" He asked, and I was shocked. Alex was there when he was born, he was there when we baby sat him for a weekend and I had forgotten how much Hunter likes him.

"Alex is on tour with his band" I answered. "And guess who he is on tour with?"

"Who!?"

"Green Day" Hunter's little eyes popped out of his little head. I remember the weekend we looked after Hunter, with little Alice was being born and Alex showed Hunter all these bands. Alex was so good with kids.

I put Hunter down, and Mallorie came in with a little Alice. We all settled into the living room talking, and eating some snacks that Mal had made.

"So, it's good to hear you're getting better sis" My brother brought up and I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess it was an excuse to get out of Baltimore because I really did miss everyone"

"I bet Alex was happy you were getting better" Mallorie hinted, winking at me and I took a deep breath.

"Actually as of Thursday, Alex and I are no longer together" I said and they both gasped.

"I'm sorry Sis, that really bombs because I know you really liked him" My brother comforted, rubbing my back.

"He, uh had been acting weird ever since I was diagnosed and uh, I confronted him about it but he just told me he couldn't do it anymore and he was going to tell me after the tour he is on now but I found out before"

"Wow, what an idiot" Mallorie muttered and I smiled a bit.

"But you know, I'm here to visit family and I was thinking about going to see Aunt Barbara tomorrow"

"Yeah, she would love to see you" My Brother raved and smiled.

"You must be tired, here take your bags and we set up the pull out in the basement" Mallorie said, taking Alice in her arms. "Hunter say goodnight to your Aunt"

"Can I sleep with her?" Hunter asked and I smiled, Doug and Mallorie looked at me.

"Of course, go get changed and meet me down stairs in ten minutes"

Image


Hunter had just jumped into bed with me, he had a little stuff animal with him and few CD's we were looking out.

"Uncle Alex gave this to me, remember?" He asked, holding up their CD Nothing Personal. I laughed and nodded.

"He even got his friends to sign it, that will be a lot of money"

"Really, should I sell it?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Keep it"

"I like the so Therpy"

"You mean Therapy?" I asked and he nodded. I sighed and smiled, looking at the three year old. "Me too"

"Can we call Alex?" He asked and I gave him a weak smile.

"I think he's on stage right now, but we can send him a video"

"Please, can we!?" He pleaded and I nodded. I held up my phone and started recording him. "Go"

"Uncle Alex, I miss you and I hope you're having a fun time with Green Day. Auntie says Hi and did you know that she's sad?, why did you leave her?" He asked and I was shocked, I mean I didn't think he heard or even understood what I said when I told his parents.

"You told me that one day that you were going to marry Auntie, we were listening to some bands and you asked me if I wanted to know a secret" He explained, and I furrowed my eye brows.

"Auntie was playing with your doggies and I asked you if you thought that she had cooties and you said girls stop having cooties when they turn nine" I laughed a bit and Hunter laughed too.

"I just don't like seeing Auntie sad, well bye Alex" He waved at the camera and I stopped recording. I debated sending it, but Hunter hung over my shoulder and I sent it says.

Sorry, he wanted to say hello and well, yeah - Tori

"Let's go to sleep now" I said, Hunter laid down and almost instantly was asleep. I thought back to what he said, about Alex saying he wanted to marry me and if it was even true. Or not.

Not even after an hour of thinking about it, my phone rang and I stepped out back to answer it.

"Hello"

"Hey Tori" Alex's voice rang through and I sighed.

"Hey, sorry about Hunter"

"No problem, is he awake?" He asked and my eyes began to fill with tears.

"Uh, no he just fell asleep"

"Oh, okay then uh I'll send him a video then if you don't mind" I tried to hold it together but I couldn't. "Please don't cry"

"I'm sorry, I just don't get it and I'm so confused"

"Don't get what?" I pondered the question, I pondered letting out everything and telling him the hatred I had towards him for breaking those promises especially the one to my father. But I couldn't I just couldn't do it over the phone.

"Look Alex, I just took a ten hour car ride in my fathers mustang and I'm very tired"

"Wait, you took the mustang?" He asked, and I hummed in response. "Wow, Did you ask Doctor Reynolds if you could go?"

"I'm actually surprised you know his name" I scoffed and he went silent. "I was responding to the treatment very well and he decided to see what would happen if I took a hiatus from it"

"That's good Tor, real good"

"Yeah, anyway uh I'm up here seeing family, I left the dogs at your parents house" I said, and he let out a noise.

"You could of left the dogs at the house, I mean you'll be back right?" He asked.

"Yeah sure Alex, I'm going to have to let you go"

"Okay, well it was nice talking to you"

"Yeah"

"See ya" He said, and I sighed.

"Goodbye Alex"

"Wai-" Then I hung up, not wanting to hear it because he knew what I meant by that

"I don't want to go" Alex whined, wrapping his arms around me and twirling me around.

Alex was going away on a very long tour, I couldn't go because my father had just begun to get worse and I needed to stay.

"I'll be fine, but I can't wait to see you on MTV next month" I said, winking at him.

"I hate saying goodbye" He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Goodbye is what you say when something is ending, it's not goodbye it's a see ya"I replied and Alex smiled, before leaning down to place his lips on mine.


Image


"Auntie wake up!" I heard Hunter yell in my ear, I opened my eyes to see him sitting on top.

"Morning you two" My brother said, walking down the stairs.

"Did Alex reply?" Hunter asked eagerly.

"What?"

"I sent him a video, I wanted to say hello" Hunter answered and I smiled.

"Let me look" I said, grabbing my phone off the table and unlocking it. A message appeared and it was from Alex.

This is for Hunter - Alex

"Here buddy, just press the video to get it to play" I said, and Hunter sat beside me, so I could watch and Doug stood behind us. Hunter pressed the screen and Alex appeared, it looked like he was standing outside a venue or restaurant.

"What is up Hunter? I miss you little guy and I hope you're taking care of your little sister Alice" Alex said, a smile upon his head but it faded as he looked down.

"You may be too young to understand Hunter, but let me try to put it in a way that you'll understand. You know how you're scared of the thunder?" He asked, and I saw Hunter nod a bit.

"It's something that happens after the lightning, even know you know it's coming, it's still scary?" He explained, my eye brows furrowed and I was instantly confused.

"Well it's kind of like that, you're a whole lot stronger than I am buddy and you need to know that because I'm a little chicken. Tell your Dad I said hello and tell him I've been beaten up by my band mates, so he doesn't need to." My brother huffed from behind us.

"What I'm trying to say, is Hunter you need to face the big and scary thunder because I couldn't. Take care of your Auntie for me and please don't let her be sad, because my intention was never to make her sad. That was the last thing I wanted to do but it unfolded that way.

"Touring with Green Day is great and I'll see if I can get then to sign something for you, I'll visit soon, see ya Hunter"

The video ended, Hunter hugged me and whispered me not to be sad. Doug patted my shoulder and rubbed it. I was confused.

You need to face the big and scary thunder because I couldn't
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image


I've decided to not change the POV, thanks to BeautifulBreakdown for the opinion on it because it actually made a lot of sense. I don't want to ruin the plot to this story but I really enjoy writing. Also thank you to Jayme112234 and treat02 for commenting.