Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 7

My brother and I went upstairs, I sat in the nook for breakfast as he cooked eggs. Mallorie had taken the kids for a morning stroll and it was just Doug and I. I had been silent since we had seen Alex's video, just because I was trying to work out what he said.

"Still like your eggs scrambled?" He asked, out of the blue and I smiled, nodding. "Microwave?"

I also nodded and looked down at my hands.

"You're awfully quiet" He commented and I sighed.

"Just tired I guess"

"It's okay to be sad Tori, you guys were together for a long time" He stated and I nodded.

"I just feel, empty because I'm not totally sure what happened. What was he so afraid of? The cancer?"

"I don't know Tor, I'm not Alex" He replied and I sighed.

"I just think I deserved a better explanation, a better reason and I'm sitting here still in love with someone who left me with nothing"

"Tori, give it some time" He said, sitting beside me and rubbing my back. "Are you going to see Aunt Barbara?"

"Yeah, I sent her a facebook message saying I was coming to visit - I'm going to leave in an hour or so"

Image


Before I knew it I was on my way, down high ways and roads I had been passed many times. When I reached Bradford, I saw the two huge water towers and followed them to my Aunts house. Right when I pulled in, my Uncle Wendall was running out the door and towards me.

"Tori! I haven't seen you in years!" He shouted and he hugged me. "Come, come in"

He pulled me towards the door, standing at it was my Aunt Barbara, tears in her eyes and her face was turning red. I ran up to her and gave her a big hug. We stood there, where people stared at us and we hugged.

"Oh sweetie, I've missed you" She said, pulling me into the house that never changed and into the living room that I grew up in.

"I missed you both, I feel bad for abandoning everyone and going to Baltimore"

"Oh yes, Baltimore" My Uncle asked suggestively and wiggled his eye brows."You went to live with that boy"

"The rockstar" My Aunt said, laughing and wiping the few tears still stray on her face. "Please tell me you're here to tell us that you're engaged or have a cake in the oven"

"Oh, uh no I'm here because the first half of my treatment is over and I was allowed to leave, the first place I wanted to go was here" I explained and they both nodded.

"Oh, well is he here too?" My Uncle Wendall asked and I shook my head.

"He's on tour but we're actually no longer together" I said and they both gasped.

"Since when?!"

"Last Thursday?"

"Oh well that's fairly new, are you sure you didn't run away?" Uncle Wendall asked, hinting a reference at my Mother and I scoffed.

"No, I'm nothing like my Mother - he didn't want to be with me so I left, simple"

"I feel like it wasn't that simple sweetie"

"Can we not talk about this?" I asked, and they both nodded. "I'm sorry, but it still hurts and I feel like that's all everyone has been talking about"

"Sure sweetie" My Aunt said, smiling. "Have you talked to your Mother?"

"Nope, she's called but I'll never talk to her, she doesn't deserve it"

"Well, she actually came here a few days ago and she dropped off these" My Aunt said, reaching over and taking out a few envelopes. She handed me a few and I furrowed my eye brows.

To My Son, Doug

To My Daughter in law, Mallorie

To My Son in Laws

To My Daughter in Laws

To My Daugther, Victoria

To Alex


"These are in my fathers hand writing" I said, recognizing the horrible penman ship.

"All she said is that she has had them for a few years and she feels like we deserve them"

"We deserved them the moment he died, she doesn't have a deserving bone in her body to keep them from us!" I shrieked and cried.

My Aunt pulled me into a hug, and stroked my back.

"She left us the moment he was gone, she left me when I was nineteen and she held out on us"

"Sweetie, all that matters is that we have them now" My Uncle assured and I let out a few more sobs before grabbing my letter and tearing it out.

Victoria, if you're reading this I'm probably passed and I just want to apologize that I am not there to comfort you because it seems like we were each others comfort pillows. We talked to each other about everything and it seemed like you trusted me more than anyone else. You grew up to be a strong person, you'll grow up to be an even stronger person and you have to remember what you told me after my Mother died, that moving on is better than holding onto dead weight and it's harsh but it's true. Everything happens for a reason, Tori you were born for the reason of making every ones life a little more interesting. Those girls in elementary school bullied you because they knew you were stronger than they ever could be. Boys in high school were just intimidated by you and when you'd come home crying about how boys never liked you, I knew one day that someone special would walk into your life.

When you came home from the festival you worked so hard to go to, I knew something was up because you day dreamed more than you did before. You asked for international texting and you tended to sneak out a bit more. You never got a chance to tell me where you and Alex met, but I knew it was that concert. When we met him for the first time, his tattoo gave me the wrong impression but I gave him a chance because you always put me down for judging people on their tattoos and emo hair styles as you called it. He was arrogant or snobby, he was very much a gentlemen and put you first. You always went for the ambitious type because you too were ambitious. You two were a perfect match, the way he looked at you gave me chills and I have to ask you one thing.

Never let him go

I love you very much Tori, but I hope Alex could be there for you when I am not.

Love, Dad


"Do you want to read Alex's?" My Aunt asked and I shook my head in silence.

"I'll go drop it off when I go back"

"Are you sure sweetie?"

"Yeah"

Image


On the way back, I decided to stop off and get something to eat. A nice Poutine place was parked and I went in and got some. I sat in my car, listening to the Cab and eating. But then suddenly my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller I.D and it was Alex.

"Alex?"

"Victoriaa?" He slurred, oh god.

"You're drunk"

"And you're in Canada"

"That is not a touche"

"Look, I just want to say that I'm over you and I'm going to be getting laid all night" Alex said, and I sighed.

"Good for you"

"See ya"

"Goodbye"

I tried to focus on the part that he was drunk but then again, drunken acts are sober thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image