Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 8

About two weeks of being Canada, Doctor Reynolds asked me to come back so he could see how I was doing. It was sad to leave my family but I was contemplating moving back when I was better. It had also been two weeks since Alex drunk called me, two weeks since I spoke to him last and two weeks since he left me a text message.

I'm so sorry - Alex

They had come home a few days ago, Cassadee was trying tell me how angry Alex was when he came home to the house being empty but I really didn't want to hear it. I was very angry about his drunken call because the hurt he caused me, is something I didn't think I deserve.

Driving back into Baltimore was weird, because before it felt like home but now nothing felt like Home. But once I reached Jack's house, giving him a text for fair warning and walking through the door. I heard a noise in the kitchen, I dropped my bag on the stairs and I skipped into the kitchen. He was currently fishing through the fridge.

"Yo, Jack you would not believe what happened up in Canada - My Mom visited my Aunt and dropped off these letters that my Dad-" I stopped talked when Jack walked in through the back door. I looked towards the fridge and there stood Alex. "Oh"

"Tori!" Jack said, hugging me.

"Hey Jack" I said, and hugged him back. "I'm going to set my bags in the spare room"

"We're going out for lunch, want to come with?" Jack asked, I stopped myself from saying no because I didn't want to be bitter.

"Sure, lets take the mustang" I suggested, Jack jumped and grabbed Alex.

We piled into the mustang, Alex in the passenger and Jack in the back.

"Let's see what Tori has been listening to" Jack sang, lean forward and ejecting the CD from the stereo. "New Bring Me The Horizon?"

"Angry music, best remedy" I commented, glancing at Alex and smiled a bit before pulling out of the driveway.

"Fair enough" Jack replied, entering the CD again and pressing play.

When we reached the restaurant, my appetite was slowly vanishing because of the presence of my former boyfriend but I had to suck it up. I didn't want to be bitter, I didn't want to be the bitch who mutters under her breath because I still wanted to be friends, because friends is the best I could get.

"Table for three please" I said, sweetly to the young host and he smiled, leading us to a table in the far corner. Alex and Jack sat across from me and I sat on my own on the booth.

"Can I start you with any drinks?" He asked, and I smiled nodding.

"I'll just have water" I asked, smiling and looking down to the menu.

"Me too" Alex piped, his voice seemed unstable but he held whatever it was together.

"Eff you two party poopers, I'll have a draft Molson" Jack asked, the host nodded and left us to look through the menus. "Cassadee told me you could drink, why didn't you order something?"

"Just not in the mood"

"What's your excuse Alex?" Jack asked, raising his eye brow at his best friend.

"Saving it for tonight" Alex stated and Jack fist pounded him.

"Tonight?" I asked, raising my own eye brow.

"We're having a small party, you should come it's at Rian and Cass's" Jack said and I nodded.

"We'll see how I'm feeling"

"You're coming, whether you like it or not" Jack stated and I laughed.

"Okay then"

"So How was your, uh family?" Alex asked, surprising me with his voice.

"Uh, they were really excited to see me"

"How's your brother?" He asked, scratching his arm meaning he was nervous.

"Good and happy, him and Mal have a real operation up there" I commented and he nodded.

"What were you saying when you came in?" Jack asked, I sighed and smiled.

"I was saying how my Mother visited my Aunt before I went to visit, she came my Aunt some letters my Father had wrote before he died, addressed to everyone" I answered and Jack nodded.

"Alex was telling me the other day about your father, how insanely obsessed he was with music and how cool he was" Jack explained, I smiled at Alex who was now blushing and I nodded.

"He really was" I stated and looked down. "Almost three years after he died and she decides to hand them over, she had no right to hand on to them"

"At least you have them now" Alex said, and I nodded.

"Yeah"

Image


"Look guys, I'm going to get some drinks for the party tonight, I'll be back in twenty!" Jack announced, grabbing his jacked, he opened the door but before he exited the house he looked back and stared at us. "Don't have too much fun"

He left Alex and I standing at the kitchen island, staring at the door wishing he'd come back but we sat there in silence. Looking at our phones or at our hands before Alex broke the silence.

"So when are you going to see Doctor Reynolds?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I think tomorrow"

"Cool"

"I heard Green Day dedicated a song to you" I said staring a him, he smiled a bit and the awkwardness began to lift away.

"Yeah, do you remember when I took you to their show downtown?" He asked and I laughed.

"Oh and that girl tried to force you to make out with her?"

"And you dumped your drink on her?"

"Good times, man I haven't been to a concert in awhile and I'd love to go see Blink"

"You've never seen Blink?" He asked and I shook my head. "I thought maybe I took you to see them"

"I've met Mark and Tom but never seen the band live, it's one of the things I want to do before I die" I answered, but didn't think through on what I said and the air become uncomfortable to breathe.

"What are some other things you want to do?" He asked, I knew he dared himself to ask.

"You know the usual, meet people, see places and do things"

"Number one thing" Alex asked, leaning closer as if it were some mystery.

"Before I die, I want to marry someone that my Father approved of"

Things became silent after that, I ran my hands through my hair and smiled a bit.

"Well, I'm really tired and I'm going to take a nap before the party" I said, jumping off the stool and heading towards the stairs.

"Tor?" I heard, I turned to stare at Alex. "Are you really staying here with Jack?"

"Just until the treatment is done"

"Then where are you going to go? Home?" He asked.

"To be honest Alex, Home used to be with you but now I don't even know where I belong" I said before walking up the stairs and into the bed room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image