Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 9

We were leaving in ten minutes, I had put on a long black dress and some make up before getting too nervous to go down stairs. But I built up the courage, I walked down the stairs and there at the end was Jack, Alex and a girl. I smiled as they smiled back, watching me walk down the stairs.

"You look wonderful" The girl said, and I smiled at her. "Oh, I'm sorry my name is Halie, I'm Alex's date"

I smiled, I seemed perfectly fine on the outside but the inside it probably looked like hell was combusting in my chest and the devil ripped my heart out because I felt empty. She looked familiar but then again she's probably some model.

"I'm Victoria, it's nice to meet you"

She was so gorgeous, beach blonde hair and her weight was healthy. Looking at myself in the mirror made me worry, made me feel like an alien because I had nothing left but skin and bones. I was so insecure at the moment, I felt like I could throw up lunch and cry.

Alex and Halie took off in front of us, holding hands and I saw him look back at me once in a blue moon. What was he trying to do to me? Was he trying to get me to leave Baltimore? Because I was on the verge of doing just that.

"You okay?" Jack asked, I pried my eyes from them and look up at him, he was wearing a sympathetic look.

"Nope" I said, honestly and Jack held out his arm. I held onto it and leaned my head on his shoulder.

Image


I unusually got excited for tonight, I was going to drink a bit and let loose. I was doing my best to forgot about Alex bringing a date, I was trying to forget about everyone and let nothing worry me. I met up with Cassadee and a few other friends. We danced, I drank a beer but didn't get anything stronger than that. I found myself talking to Colussy's wife, she told me she was surprised that Alex and I broke up but she's glad I was okay. Little did she know I was actually dying inside.

I would every so often peak over at Alex, dancing with Halie, smiling like he used to smile with me and hugging her from behind. It made my insides turn inside out, Cassadee came by and held my face in her hands.

"Stop looking" She said sternly and I nodded, trying my best.

The night started to get louder and crazier, I was still only one beer but five diet cokes. Cassadee never left me alone, she had a few cooler but also not going too crazy. We talked about music, my family and a lot of other things until we heard people jumping in the pool. Cass took my hand and pulled me towards the back.

Halie and Alex were both in the pool in their under garments, everyone was cheering and laughing. But then they began to chant.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

But before they did, Halie told everyone to be quiet.

"Alex is the sweetest guy in the world, I am so glad I met him at the hospital and these past two months have been amazing and this may be too soon but I love you"

Before I knew it, they were making out in the water and other people began to jump in. My heart was being stomped out, I couldn't hear or feel anything but the splash of water on my feet. But the pool wasn't the only thing spilling water, my eyes began to spill tears and Cassadee looked right at me. She was my nurse, the nurse who did the testing along Dr. Reynolds and Alex met her. He had been cheating on me, all my confusion was just pure anger.

"Come on, lets go" She whispered, grabbed my hand and pulled me.

But I looked back once more, to see Alex and he was staring at me, emotionless and I just shook my head at him.

We ended up in Rian and Cassadee's room, she pulled me onto the bed and I laid my head on her chest.

"I'm so angry right now" She let out and I looked up. "He has no class, no respect for anything and it's really getting on my nerves"

"It all makes sense"

"What?" She asked.

"Cassadee, she was the nurse who diagnosed me along side Reynolds, she and Alex met there and he started dating her" I explained and Cassadee raged even more.

"He cheated on you? Why would he want to cheat on you?"

"I don't know, because I'm sick, I'm ugly as hell because the cancer has taken the curves I once had away, my skin is now grey and my hair looks dead. I look like a zombie Cass, sometimes I don't even want to look at myself" I ranted, tears running down my face from frustration and pulling my hair.

"Calm down, shhh"

She pulled me down again and strokes my hair.

two months
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image